Valkyrius Prime - Upgraded Steam Rerelease of Valkyrius

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
clairobskur

Re: Valkyrius - Now on XBLIG too!

Post by clairobskur »

Sinful wrote: Oh, and I'm so sure I'm the only one with this problem? If turthfully so, then it has to be my X-Box, no?
i have this problem too, and my xbox is the new black slim model.
Sinful wrote:Yeah, well I do seem to be the only one who thinks holding both the L & R Trigger to be a major pain (especially he L Trigger).
no, you're not alone.
kong

Post by kong »

The pc version of this game is currently on sale at greenmangaming. You can choose to pay $10, $5 or $2.50.
xlebec

Post by xlebec »

@clairobskur & sinful:
I'm truly sorry for the problems and the delay in the update. The new version will be available tomorrow and will have the following changes:
- Improved music algorithm, which is lighter and uses the Xbox's default mp3 player, which is less likely to present problems
- Minor soundtrack edits
- Custom control settings for the Xbox version
- Fixed gamepad control settings for the PC version
- Autofire mode option (triggers or assigned buttons turn weapons on/off, so no need to hold down when this option is chosen.)

Thanks for your support and I apologize again for the problems.

Update:
THE UPDATE HAS BEEN RELEASED FOR THE XBOX AND DIRECT PURCHASE STORE. Still awaiting Desura update.
Last edited by xlebec on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sinful

Post by Sinful »

OK, cool. But I'm guessing the update still hasn't gone up yet. Even deleted game and downloaded it again. And no option for different button layout or fixed sound issue.

Oh, one thing might of been different? I don't recall the left and right back borders of vert shooter being only on the left for this game, was it always only on the left with the gameplay screen all the way to the right touching the right side of the screen with no black border in between?
Sinful

Post by Sinful »

K, the update is out and I had the chance to try it out yesturday night. Sound issues completely fixed. And he really went all out in making the buttons fully customizable + added a autofire feature where you can just tap it on or off without needing to hold it.

Well, now that these two major issues are out of the way, I could actually play the game now. Only made it to stage 3, though. That teleport move is something I need to get used to since it's a completely new thing to me in shmups. Really does make this game very different. I also noticed quite a few really unique & creative ideas in this game. The high quality of the game really took me by surprise.

Oh and tanks! For some reason I really love tanks, and was very happy to see them in stage 2. So of course the boss really pleased me too. :D
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Picked up the game for Christmas and finally got around to playing it last night. It's amazing fun. The teleportation feels like such a fresh way to dodge, almost makes it feel like a "dodge" move in a 3d character action game. I also love some of the upgrades, Power Warp is just so satisfying to damage enemies by warping past them or out of the way at the last moment.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Necroing.

Discovered this one last night. Wow. Professional package and made by one guy
for $5? What a steal.

Controls well, great tunes, and fun. Feels a bit like a G Rev title, which coming from me
(Under Defeat is my #1) is a compliment.

Great job!
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
vector7

Post by vector7 »

Sorry for necroing but it was finally greenlit http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =151089139. I hope developer didn't abandoned the game and will actually release it on steam.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

vector7 wrote:Sorry for necroing but it was finally greenlit http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =151089139. I hope developer didn't abandoned the game and will actually release it on steam.
Hoping that he'd add a new insane difficulty. That's the only thing lacking in the game right now, it's rather easy
Squire Grooktook

Didn't even know this was on greenlight :(
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
leadwing85

Post by leadwing85 »

this looks like a great game, cool mechanics, variety of weapons and enemy patterns. I use arcade sticks pretty much exclusively, will I enjoy the game with a stick?
Long Live STG!
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I think you may provided you are comfortable with the controls.

- The face buttons on the pad warp you up/down/left/right

- The fire buttons are mapped individually to the triggers as left and right fire

It works really well on a pad. I'm not sure how it will translate though.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

I like the look of this game, but I gave it a try and it feels like you're moving on an ice rink. I really couldn't get past that.

-edit- ohhhh I just realised how the movement works. Pretty interesting that you keep going in one direction till you press another. So pressing down stops you. Could take some getting used to this, but I quite like it.
Squire Grooktook

Immryr wrote:I like the look of this game, but I gave it a try and it feels like you're moving on an ice rink. I really couldn't get past that.

-edit- ohhhh I just realised how the movement works. Pretty interesting that you keep going in one direction till you press another. So pressing down stops you. Could take some getting used to this, but I quite like it.
Errrm, what are you talking about? The controls are standard shmup movement + the teleport mechanic on my end. No "keep going till you press another direction" or inertia here.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

That's weird. Are you playing on xbox or steam? I definitely keep moving in one direction till I press another....
Squire Grooktook

Immryr wrote:That's weird. Are you playing on xbox or steam? I definitely keep moving in one direction till I press another....
I'm still using the pc version from Desura. You might want to try a different controller then, sounds like you got a glitch on your set.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

I'm on the xbox version, my controller is fine!

-edit- ok apparently my controller isn't fine. I switched and the game works as intended, which is weird as I tested the other controller on different games and it was fine.

Game is way more enjoyable like this!
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

I really don't know what's going on with this game. Again today it's doing the constant movement in one direction thing, but this time with the controller which worked fine yesterday! It seems to only happen with the primary controller which is logged in, so if I turn on a secondary controller it works fine on that side, but not the main logged in one. It's a very strange and slightly annoying bug.

Has anyone else got this on XBLIG? If so could you test to see if you get the same bug.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I just played through the 1st stage - no issues with the controls on my end.

I once had a controller issue similar to the skating you're describing when I was playing Ikaruga. The left analog stick stuck a little and would cause my ship to move on its own. It was maddening.

Could it be the analog stick?
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

nah, i was using the d pad and the problem happened with one controller one day, so i switched it and it worked fine. the following day i had the same problem with the controller which had been working fine but then no issues with the one which was bugging out a day previous. so yeah, it effected whichever controller i had logged in as the primary one.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

This is coming out on Steam soon and I've been playing the fuck out of it going for the clear on extreme.

If you haven't played it yet I am disappoint.
vector7

Post by vector7 »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/493670/ Finally out on steam. I bought it previously on gmg and received a mail with a -75% code.
xlebec

Post by xlebec »

vector7 wrote:http://store.steampowered.com/app/493670/ Finally out on steam. I bought it previously on gmg and received a mail with a -75% code.
Yup! Thanks for letting the people here know, I was just about to make that announcement myself. Re-released it as Valkyrius Prime with a whole bunch of updates. Store links and change log are on the front page. Anyone who didn't buy the first version of the game can still take advantage of the 10% launch discount while it lasts.

Oh and apologies for how long it took to go from greenlight approval to Steam release. I was (and still am) working full time and going to grad school when it got greenlit, so naturally time was a challenge. That being said, I'm glad I got to address all those little things in the previous version, I'm very happy with the way the game stands now.

As always, I take all feedback into consideration when considering possible updates.
Cagar wrote:
vector7 wrote:Sorry for necroing but it was finally greenlit http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =151089139. I hope developer didn't abandoned the game and will actually release it on steam.
Hoping that he'd add a new insane difficulty. That's the only thing lacking in the game right now, it's rather easy
I wish I could! I'm not good enough at shmups though. :D
Stevens

Re: Valkyrius Prime - Upgraded Steam Rerelease of Valkyrius

Post by Stevens »

kane wrote:So folks, an important question before I invest in this one: How does the game play with a keyboard? Sounds to me like the warping mechanic could be a PITA.
Well I haven't played it on a kb, but you would be using 10 buttons:

Four for moving (up, down, left, and right:D), four for warping (same as moving), and two for shooting (left and right).

You don't use the shot buttons often though. They work like a light switch, they're either on or off. Once they're on you don't need to hold them down. Probably work pretty well actually if you mapped on shot button near each set of controls.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

-
Last edited by Cagar on Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Ah fuck, looks like someone beat me to the punch when it comes to warp-dodging around in a SHMUP, will give this a try eventually.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Aw frig! And here I was still playing the Desura version and only just found out about this.

Can I buy this game on Steam and copy it to disk, or do I need the steam client to play it?
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
werk91

Post by werk91 »

Sorry for the revival of an old thread but I'm really stuck. Bought this title on Steam and it crashes after I input a username at the start. People say that installing Windows Media Player fixes it: https://steamcommunity.com/app/493670/d ... 527998141/. Problem is that if you're like me and have Windows 10 N (version without the Media Feature Pack by default) this is no longer so easy.. After some research it seems that this is the only way to install it for N vesions: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=48231, there's also another link which leads to the same file ( Microsoft-Windows-MediaFeaturePack-OOB-Package_x64.msu ). Thing is that this does nothing, it doesn't fix the game or the fact that my fancy laptop won't even recognise my Android phone because someone decided to make Microsoft not "ship extra software with their products". I've managed to fix my phone issue before with a lot of trouble and just for it to be removed by some random Windows Update in the future. I've found ways around not being able to upload/download data from or to my phone but the game is unfixable. I suspect the most reasonable way forward is to just get rid of this crappy N version and install normal Win10 Pro. Easily done except finding the time to do it. If anyone can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated :?