TRP-STGT 2013 Conversation Week 2: War of Aero

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
lilmanjs

Re: TRP-STGT 2013 Conversation Week 2: War of Aero

Post by lilmanjs »

I'm thinking I'm glad that this week I don't get to play this much. Too much stuff coming from behind the player, and the checkpoints aren't exactly in the greatest places from stage 2 on. What's next? A shooter where 90% of the enemies come from behind you? and I thought Trap hates shmups with a lot of enemies coming from behind you.
Deca

Post by Deca »

press B
1CC List To miss is human; to rank control, divine.
“Fly to live and shoot ‘em all!” – Manabu Namiki
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

except after A

I would like this a bit more if the speed and weapons switch buttons were separated better.

Not bad though, and like that stage 2 theme. Lots going on, definitely doesn't mess around.

I didn't know Allumer was behind this! It's sad they didn't have original game development studio-level resources; they seem to have known what was up for game development, although they seem to have mostly made "unofficial expansion kits" after existing games. They also made Blandia!
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

oh hey this game

1 to fire, 2 to change bit direction, and 1+2 to change speed. haven't checked newer mame so not sure if that unmapped button 3 is erroneous

whether or not "MEIOU" is an acronym, it's probably derived from 冥王
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
trap15

Post by trap15 »

If button3 is missing, it's wrong. The game doesn't use it, but the practice mode does to let you change your powerups on the 'menu'.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

For those of you having problems with stage 4, I recorded a video of it. Might be helpful?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1knkXD28So8
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

trap15 wrote:If button3 is missing, it's wrong. The game doesn't use it, but the practice mode does to let you change your powerups on the 'menu'.
that is sick, thanks
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Deca

Post by Deca »

Well I didn't really put much time into this one at all, posted a crappy score just for the sake of submitting something before going out of town in the morning.

I did most of my runs on breaks or after my shift at work, the PC there has shmupmame and it ran fine. On my home setup I generally use an ashbuild for everything, and I loaded it up on that for the first time tonight for a couple credits just now. The audio is all screwed up in the ashbuild, actually reminded me of P47 Aces. I actually kind of dig the messed up st3 music.

Anyway, most of my shooting this week was still Batrider, my interest in an Advance clear has been revived and I'm feeling more confident than ever now that I'm hitting the final stage more and more. Just one last push! After that I'll have my sights set on my first letter.
1CC List To miss is human; to rank control, divine.
“Fly to live and shoot ‘em all!” – Manabu Namiki
DocHauser

Post by DocHauser »

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but if you start a two-player game you can combine both ships by moving them together and pressing A+B...

If you get hit in this form, it just seems to split you up, instead of actually killing you. Might make some sections more manageable. :)

Obviously, it's not going to count for the high score challenge, but I thought some people might find it interesting to play this way...
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Oh, that's cool, so who controls the ship then? 1P I assume?
DocHauser

Post by DocHauser »

It might depend on who presses A+B, as there appear to be two different forms of the combined ship.
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

I would be lying if I said I didn't have a decently strong appreciation for oddball games of dubious quality. Over the course of the week, I've actually gotten to enjoy some of the more ridiculous checkpoints, even managing to pull off a recovery in 4-2 for my submitted run. Unfortunately, there's one quality that I just cannot even tolerate: boring first stages of trivial difficulty. This game has two of them, and the near-mandatory checkpoint milking in 3-1 ensures that you won't even get a chance to recover from a death and save yourself the hassle of waiting 5+ minutes for things to try to kill you.

That and I'm kind of biased against allumer because I was forced to play Mad Shark without autofire in a tournament a few months ago.
Dimahoo is a fun game.
<trap15> C is for Bakraid
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

Ah crap ... I kind of forgot to play this week, and now I'm not sure I can get a score in before the deadline ... 00:00 GMT is 8pm EDT ... hmm maybe
trap15

Post by trap15 »

I've been away for the weekend, and just got home. Since I'm a lazy fuck and just spent the last 11 hours driving, I think I'll leave this week up until 16:00 GMT MONDAY. Thanks for the consideration. Game will be announced about then as well.

Feel free to continue submitting scores until then.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Nice, I hope to play a few credits tomorrow.