Unlocking DoDonPachi in Instant Brain (Cave, XBox360, 2011)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BareKnuckleRoo

Re: Unlocking DoDonPachi in Instant Brain (Cave, XBox360, 20

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Kiken wrote:
Fudoh wrote:
It's better than both the PS1 and the Saturn version, but you don't get any extras and you don't get to tate your screen
And no over-scan adjust. You also can't format your button inputs. You're stuck with the game's default layout... although, there's always the Kinect Controls...
That makes it sound like just a lazy port. It's crazy they didn't put a bit more effort and release it as a double pack (DDP + Instant Brain) or something, I mean what game nowadays has unremappable controls (that only uses 3 buttons)?!
Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

The fact that it's just an unlockable and not a double pack means there is no requirement for extras. I can't believe the Kinect thing. Adding DDP was a silly addition and if they already had the emulation backbone they could have just released something like DP/DDP/ESP/Dangun separately as a quad disc or as separate downloads. But this unlock bonus route is the only thing they can do without having to add a zillion extras or else people will bitch profusely. Or so they thought.
JAPJAC
Banned User

Post by JAPJAC »

JAPJAC wrote:I wanna pick it up and I can grab the demo from the Japanese store but it won't let me download the full version as there is no option, prior or ingame. What's up with this bullshit?
Last edited by JAPJAC on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.japjac.proboards58.com/
http://www.youtube.com/japjac

1989 UK Japanese Mega Drive Thunder Force II MD Champion.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

JAPJAC wrote:
JAPJAC wrote:Is this "Instant Brain" available from any region's XBox 360 marketplace as a digital download?

And if so, does this technique work for this version?
???

I wanna pick it up but I can grab the demo from the Japanese store but it won't let me download the full version. What's up with this bullshit?
Region/IP Lock. Demo's are region free.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
bcass

Post by bcass »

The option to buy the full version would still be there regardless of region lock/IP lock status. It's simply not available yet on the GoD service if the option to buy the full game isn't there.
JAPJAC
Banned User

Post by JAPJAC »

I'm in Japan, I used my Japanese account, I found the game (in Japanese) under the games on demand section (Japanese) and I can't buy it (with Japanese points). It really sucks and I have never seen this before.

Do I need to call Cave's office or would XBox Japan be better? I think it's bugged.

I would just pick up the game brand new, but I don't want a physical copy of it for obvious reasons. Also, I don't really like Cave's games but I really wanna get it now coz it's annoying me if anything.

I don't have Konnect, and the internet has failed me thus far.

Come on expert shumppers, you're my only hope!

rancor

Post by rancor »

JAPJAC wrote: Do I need to call Cave's office or would XBox Japan be better?

Neither would be much help - they have a strict "JAPANESE SPEAKERS ONLY" policy.
JAPJAC
Banned User

Post by JAPJAC »

When in Rome. I can speak Japanese so that's no problem. Thanks for your help man and welcome to the forum.

I really need to learn French, those guys know what they are doing properly. Is there a French equivalent of smhups' message board? Could ask there maybe, in my poor French, LOL!!!!!!

trap15

Post by trap15 »

@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
dcharlieJP

Post by dcharlieJP »

wasn't going to bother with this but seeing as Instant Brain was 500 yen in the local store i thought "sod it" and picked it up.

500 yen for a non-frills version of Dodonpachi seems fair enough
"It's really the only sensible thing to do, if its done safely. Therapeutically there's no danger involved."
JAPJAC
Banned User

Post by JAPJAC »

JAPJAC wrote:Is this "Instant Brain" available from any region's XBox 360 marketplace as a digital download?

And if so, does this technique work for this version?
Still no help?

I searched these keywords using Alta Vista:

"DoDonPachi"
"Instant Brain"
"Unlockable"
"Games On Demand"
"Japanese"
"XBox 360"
"Cave"
"Hardcore"
"Smhup"
"Simple Question"
"Don't hold your breath"
"Half arsed guide"
"Muppets"

And it bought me here.

JAPJAC
Banned User

Post by JAPJAC »

JAPJAC wrote:I'm in Japan, I used my Japanese account, I found the game (in Japanese) under the games on demand section (Japanese) and I can't buy it (with Japanese points). It really sucks and I have never seen this before.

Do I need to call Cave's office or would XBox Japan be better? I think it's bugged.

I would just pick up the game brand new, but I don't want a physical copy of it for obvious reasons. Also, I don't really like Cave's games but I really wanna get it now coz it's annoying me if anything.

I don't have Konnect, and the internet has failed me thus far.

Come on expert shumppers, you're my only hope!

Une mise à jour à ce sujet?

BIL

Post by BIL »

Yep, turns out you can download it from here. I'm quite glad, was never happy with the PS1 or Saturn versions but didn't want a hard copy of Instant Brain either.
JAPJAC
Banned User

Post by JAPJAC »

Merci. Magnifiques, de nombreux experts Danmaku ici.

Shin

Post by Shin »

JAPJAC wrote:
I really need to learn French, those guys know what they are doing properly. Is there a French equivalent of smhups' message board? Could ask there maybe, in my poor French, LOL!!!!!!
You mean shmupemall.com?

So you managed to get the GoD version of the game? Your Xbox is japanese or Asian right? If you have jp MSPs, when prompted to pay with a credit card in yen, press x (or is it y?) to switch currencies from jpy to Microsoft points.

Bon courage mec! ;)

Also, I wouldn't recommend this save hack method on a non-jtag/RGH system, even with another account(even though I guess only your account will get banned for this, not your system), if you can get 700G in 10mins of time, it's a definitely a method you'll get banned for one day or the other, just saying, save hacking has been easy to detect by Microsoft for quite a long time and it's pretty frowned upon according to xbl's term of use/access.
JAPJAC
Banned User

Post by JAPJAC »

Shin wrote:
JAPJAC wrote:
You mean shmupemall.com?

So you managed to get the GoD version of the game? Your Xbox is japanese or Asian right? If you have jp MSPs, when prompted to pay with a credit card in yen, press x (or is it y?) to switch currencies from jpy to Microsoft points.

Bon courage mec! ;)

Also, I wouldn't recommend this save hack method on a non-jtag/RGH system, even with another account(even though I guess only your account will get banned for this, not your system), if you can get 700G in 10mins of time, it's a definitely a method you'll get banned for one day or the other, just saying, save hacking has been easy to detect by Microsoft for quite a long time and it's pretty frowned upon according to xbl's term of use/access.
Que dites-vous? Je l'ai expliqué parfaitement en anglais et vous ne comprenez toujours pas?

Gordon Bennett, tant de fous ici.

dcharlieJP

Post by dcharlieJP »

if you can get 700G in 10mins of time, it's a definitely a method you'll get banned for one day or the other,
i assume they have some sort of bypass for Last Airbender and it's 1000 points in 2 minutes or so ;)

Has anyone actually been banned for this that we know of?
"It's really the only sensible thing to do, if its done safely. Therapeutically there's no danger involved."
bcass

Post by bcass »

I doubt many people have been banned but it's not worth the risk IMO.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

you said so. Create a secondary profile and stay offline - what's the problem ?
bcass

Post by bcass »

Does it have leaderboards?
dcharlieJP

Post by dcharlieJP »

Also - if you were playing a game completely offline surely all the achievements would unlock at the same time if you were to go online - i mean, MS might have time stamps on achievements but i can't really see them going through those to ban accounts unless there's some sort of habitual abuse surely?
bcass

Post by bcass »

It would be simple, and not unprecedented, for a full scan of all profiles on the HDD to take place during a future system update. Don't underestimate Microsoft's profiling abilities. Microsoft's data profiling is second to non. There's a reason why they're so closely linked to the NSA.
dcharlieJP

Post by dcharlieJP »

well, that would be counter productive for them - though then again, MS have been busy wiping their arses on gamers the last year or so anyways.

A better thing would have been for Cave to offer an ingame purchase to just unlock the damned thing.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Well, obviously yeah, that would be the ideal situation. It almost seems spiteful not to release it on its own as a cheap XBLA title.
dcharlieJP

Post by dcharlieJP »

well, i can't complain - IB is cheap as anything so i'll take it
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Out of curiosity since there isn't a button config, what are the button controls? Anything joystick friendly?
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
GateofThunderforceIII

Post by GateofThunderforceIII »

The trick didn't work for me. Are all the game data files (1-7) supposed to be 428kb big? I saved everything on the USB, but it's not registering when clicking load game. Obviously, special game or whatever is not available in the main menu screen. Please help! Frustrated here!!!
WTD
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

If you injected the files to the proper position (save game location on your USB stick) and they don't show, then something with the signing went wrong. You might have missed copying your console and user ID to all the files.
GateofThunderforceIII

Post by GateofThunderforceIII »

The files are visible and can be transferred from the USB to the hard drive under system configuration, but when loading and continuing a game, they are not visible. It's weird. Hopefully the downloaded save files are not corrupt.
WTD