Unlocking DoDonPachi in Instant Brain (Cave, XBox360, 2011)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Fudoh

Re: Unlocking DoDonPachi in Instant Brain (Cave, XBox360, 20

Post by Fudoh »

If they're are visible, but don't show up in the game, you messed up the signing.

The game can't confirm that the save files are bound to your profile, so it doesn't load them.
98PaceCar

Post by 98PaceCar »

I finally got a copy of Instant Brain to play some Dodonpachi, but it appears the file needed in the original post is no longer available. Does anybody know of an alternate site where I can get it?

Thanks!
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

I re-upped the files and put a new link on the opening post. Hope I didn't forget anything. Savegames, USBXTAFGUI and the save game editor.... Give it a try.
98PaceCar

Post by 98PaceCar »

Fudoh wrote:I re-upped the files and put a new link on the opening post. Hope I didn't forget anything. Savegames, USBXTAFGUI and the save game editor.... Give it a try.
Thanks much! I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
98PaceCar

Post by 98PaceCar »

I gave this a shot and while it appears that editing the save worked, nothing is unlocked. It did change where I am in the game, but it's not after any unlocks. I noticed that a couple of the new save files didn't require the key vault, but they did seem to work ok.

Any suggestions?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

no, sorry. I did it a few times by now - on two setups of mine and one two friends' systems and I always EXACTLY followed the steps outlined here in the opening post. Work flawlessly every time.
98PaceCar

Post by 98PaceCar »

Shoot. I'll give it another shot from the beginning then. Must have missed something along the way.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

give it a another try. it's so easy to miss something. On my very first try (when writing the tutorial) I think I carried over the save games a dozen times until it worked.
nuskool

Post by nuskool »

Any chance someone could reupload the file please.

Thanks
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

I updated the download link(s).
nuskool

Post by nuskool »

wow, so quick :) Much appreciated.
d3vak

Post by d3vak »

So, has anyone got banned so far? :mrgreen:
HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN !!
Stay Loaded

Post by Stay Loaded »

This is awesome, thank u.
RuffNEC

Post by RuffNEC »

d3vak wrote:So, has anyone got banned so far? :mrgreen:
Id like to know too :)

but anyway with no tate mode it's hard to even motivate me to try this!
BIL

Post by BIL »

Yes. BAAAHAHAHAHA
d3vak

Post by d3vak »

BIL wrote:
Yes. BAAAHAHAHAHA
Dear lord...what did he do? :?

Anyway, I opted to follow the gamefaqs guide (Yes, there's only one). Just because I was curious about the whole game itself, I don't regret it.
HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN !!
trap15

Post by trap15 »

^ Same. I went through it for Nin2-Brain (totally worth it), and didn't mind the actual game much. Some lols were had, some dongers were raised, and in the end I got to play a good version of a good game and a bad version of a bad game.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
BIL

Post by BIL »

d3vak wrote:Dear lord...what did he do? :?
The pressure of being the English-speaking authority on the Capcom CPS CHANGER drove him insane.
trap15 wrote:bad version of a bad game.
:3

Is the DDP emulation bad? Still half-thinking of picking this up sometime. edit: actually, fuck, might as well for Nin2brain.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

It's fine, but it has basically no config options and the defaults are pretty lacking so... might as well just play it in MAME.

But if you enjoyed the hell out of nin2-jump, I think you'd appreciate the stages in nin2-brain.
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
d3vak

Post by d3vak »

trap15 wrote:It's fine, but it has basically no config options and the defaults are pretty lacking so...
Yeah, it's fine. I have no experience with the MAME one but I have played the PS1 version quite a lot and it wasn't as good as the Instant Brain one.
Besides I bought it for $12 in PlayAsia by the end of last year...3 Cave games for 12$? Yes please.
HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN !!
2dvertical

Post by 2dvertical »

Any updates on this? I tried the links and route from the OP. The GUI pops up in windows but cant see my usb stick, and when I select my player files manually to open I get an error.

Anyway, its been awhile, have there been any cheats or codes found or is it still usb stick save trick or walkthrough?

And if so, Does it really take 20 hours to complete the game with the walkthrough and fast-forward feature? I want to unlock this and this is stupid..
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

I've certainly walked 20+ people through this. Worked great every single time.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Took me maybe 2 or 3 hours to go through the game with a walkthrough. Decent fun if you like anime titty.
2dvertical

Post by 2dvertical »

Well, I didnt get far enough to even really make a mistake. I put my info on usb from my xbox. Its when I put usb stick in pc and run the USBXTAGFGUI_v44.exe. I chose file then open device selector, window opens but doesnt detect my usb stick. So I try File then open usb manually. I choose the content file in instructions (the one with #s and letters) and cant open that, or its subfolders (00000001 etc.). when I select it and click open it says "unhandled exception has occured" "could not find part of the path" then gives you the option to continue or quit. Choosing either does nothing and Program just sits there open. I tried this before and after updating to new version when prompted.
d3vak

Post by d3vak »

Just follow the gamefaqs walkthrough, man...You'll kind of enjoy it. I promise.
HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN !!
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

I tried this out forever ago and got the saves to work, but the file just seemed like some random point within the game, and nothing was unlocked. Didn't know what to do from there so I just gave up. Been sitting on my shelf ever since.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

2dvertical wrote:Well, I didnt get far enough to even really make a mistake. I put my info on usb from my xbox. Its when I put usb stick in pc and run the USBXTAGFGUI_v44.exe. I chose file then open device selector, window opens but doesnt detect my usb stick. So I try File then open usb manually. I choose the content file in instructions (the one with #s and letters) and cant open that, or its subfolders (00000001 etc.). when I select it and click open it says "unhandled exception has occured" "could not find part of the path" then gives you the option to continue or quit. Choosing either does nothing and Program just sits there open. I tried this before and after updating to new version when prompted.
I'm in the same boat as you stuck at

7) start USB XTAF, Click on FILE > OPEN DEVICE SELECTOR, choose your USB Stick and click OPEN DRIVE

I've tried using Windows 7 and the latest version of Windows I think Windows 10 and the program does not seem to detect the USB drive or even want to update.

Any help would be great :D
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Given the varying quality of USB drives try another brand/size/spec/port. At the time I had no problems with a "Kingston DataTraveler G3 8GB USB 2.0" under Windows 7. No idea if Windows 10 would be an issue and there are some applications where USB 3.0 flash drives don't work as reliably on some USB ports (good USB 2.0 drive on a USB 2.0 port seems to be the most "reliable") - don't know if this is one of those cases.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Just zip through it and gawk at some nicely drawn boobies for a couple hours.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

I ended up trying to compromise things and alter. Here are the results.

- First I did not format my USB drive on the Xbox 360. I just inserted a brand new USB drive and was able to already start saving immediately without formatting the USB on my Xbox 360

- At this point I was able to view the USB files on my PC

- I ended up skipping Step 7 and went directly to Step 10
10) open the XBox Save Editor, open the file you just extracted. Click on SAVE ID Defaults (in the middle of the window).

- I was able to proceed and complete to step 12

- I ended up deleting existing files in the 00000001 folder manually and copying over the new files manually

- Re-inserted the USB into my Xbox 360 and found 7 different save files at the lady section these save files were not my own and were saved at different times.

- Nothing unlocked.

- Then I formatted the USB stick on my Xbox 360 to see if I was able to use USBXTAF

- Could not even read any files besides a notepad file on the USB unlike before when I could without formatting

- I've updated USBXTAF the program to Version 45 and found this " Upon future investigation, it looks like the last update for the Xbox 360 changed the way external drives work significantly, the files are now stored directly on the USB and can be edited by an editing program without the need for a transfer tool like USB XTAF explorer. As such, there will not be any future updates to USB XTAF Explorer since new systems can no longer use it at all. The download page and server will still be maintained for legacy USB backups that need to be modified.

Thanks for choosing USB XTAF Explorer for all these years.
Posted on: July 30th, 2015
"

- I assume this program no longer works

I don't know I'm a bit confused... serves me right to do this years after lol

I'd love to play through the story but there's no point if I can't understand :(