Shoot 'em up guitar tab

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Leeram

Shoot 'em up guitar tab

Post by Leeram »

Does anyone know if there are any guitar tab sites that have video game tabs, in particular Dodonpachi and all the tunes from Winds of Thunder.

Has anybody here tabbed them and can post them?

I've tried to tab them but I just can't seem to suss the tunes out. No suprise being as I can barely play the guitar!

Cheers

Lee
Guardians Knight

Post by Guardians Knight »

if i were you i'd stick to ordinary stuff until you get good mate, its hard enough to play ordinary stuff that is tabbed without trying something that needs to be converted to guitar
Leeram

Post by Leeram »

Winds of Thunder is already guitar based :-)

Cheers

Leeram
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I tabbed out a Strikers 1945 II song a while back. It's pretty simple to figure it out on your own, but I was bored. You can find the tab here if you want.

The rest of the Strikers soundtrack is pretty similar if you want something simple to figure out before Dodonpachi and others.

Edit: Found a Strikers 1999 Boss music tab I apparently started but never finished. No idea if it's accurate or not. I stuck it up at the same url as above.
Neon

Post by Neon »

If anyone knows of any good software for this purpose, I could make some tabs. Typing out all the little '-'s and getting everything lined up in a .txt file is hell. But I'm decent at figuring things out by ear.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I was messing around this evening and figured out a bit of DDP, mainly the boss music and the first bit of stage 2. I can probably find time this weekend to tab out what I've managed so far. My ears aren't trained enough to pick out harmonies or proper chord voicings, but it might help you figure out how to play some of the songs.

If anyone else has knows how to play any other shmup stuff, I'd love to see tabs. As for non shmup tabs, I have the tabs that used to be on the Generic website for download here. For those who don't know of Generic, they were a NES cover band that has broken up/changed members/reformed as The Advantage. Good stuff for anyone who likes NES tunes.
Leeram

Post by Leeram »

Cheers kevin, much appreciated.

Cheers

Leeram
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

DoDonPachi - Target of Attack is finished.

http://www.defaced.net/kevin/shmup/

Sorry the file is so long, but I never know how wide to make my tabs. It's also spaced out more than necessary because I tried to keep things spaced according to their timing. Let me know what you think.

Complete tabs of the other songs might be beyond my ability, but I'd like to learn them as well, so I'll give 'em a shot.