It's over, CAVE is dead... or maybe not...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
pokemon123

Re: It's over, CAVE is dead... or maybe not...

Post by pokemon123 »

so for those who have it what is the game exactly? Is it SDOJ for iphone with a different scoring system or something?
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

"your device is not supported"
Iphone 4, 7.1.2.

:(
rugdoctor

Post by rugdoctor »

support for IOS6 and up?
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

I really don't understand why this game exists; what's my motivation as a player exactly? Is the goal to play for score? Why would score really matter if it's essentially dependent on ship upgrades? Is the goal to play through all the stages? Why are stages arbitrarily locked until you play through old stages a bunch of times?

I really don't understand the point of playing this.

Actually, why exactly did Cave make this? It just seems like a massive waste of money with no apparent payoff.
astroid

Post by astroid »

Can you help me with the stage's percent counter? What values it counts? :oops:
ImageImageImage
Remembrance

Post by Remembrance »

astroid wrote:Can you help me with the stage's percent counter? What values it counts? :oops:
It's the percentage of enemies destroyed. You will see a red negative number pop up every time an enemy escapes the screen.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to get 100%. Maybe if you upgrade the Type-C ship fully?
astroid

Post by astroid »

I'm fully upgrades all of my ships and percentage is still 78-80%. Visually I can't see that they escape.. And stage 3 still a dream..
ImageImageImage
rugdoctor

Post by rugdoctor »

astroid wrote:I'm fully upgrades all of my ships and percentage is still 78-80%. Visually I can't see that they escape.. And stage 3 still a dream..
did you fully upgrade your options too and increase the bombing time? I am etching towards the 85% on level 1 BUT I notice a sudden drop in % just before the boss encounter..
rugdoctor

Post by rugdoctor »

cave hermit wrote:I really don't understand why this game exists; what's my motivation as a player exactly? Is the goal to play for score? Why would score really matter if it's essentially dependent on ship upgrades? Is the goal to play through all the stages? Why are stages arbitrarily locked until you play through old stages a bunch of times?

Actually, why exactly did Cave make this? It just seems like a massive waste of money with no apparent payoff.
It is VERY advertisement intensive, maybe there is where they are getting some money back?
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Make me think about the recent South Park episodes lol.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Remembrance

Post by Remembrance »

rugdoctor wrote:
astroid wrote:I'm fully upgrades all of my ships and percentage is still 78-80%. Visually I can't see that they escape.. And stage 3 still a dream..
did you fully upgrade your options too and increase the bombing time? I am etching towards the 85% on level 1 BUT I notice a sudden drop in % just before the boss encounter..
Yeah, some enemies appear on screen and escape before the screen has scrolled up far enough to let you see them. Notice the small tanks in stage 1 - I can't figure out how to hit them consistently.

The boss counts for a large percentage. You will notice that your percentage goes back to 85% as soon as the boss dies.
rugdoctor

Post by rugdoctor »

I take out the boss's appendages before I shoot the core to milk some coins and I suppose up the % at the same time and those tanks are very quick and sneaky...

Just my recent run this morning while on the can...
Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

cave hermit wrote:I really don't understand why this game exists; what's my motivation as a player exactly? Is the goal to play for score? Why would score really matter if it's essentially dependent on ship upgrades? Is the goal to play through all the stages? Why are stages arbitrarily locked until you play through old stages a bunch of times?

Seems obvious they are hyping sdoj then releasing a steam port.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

I'm starting to get that this is supposed to be a caravan style game, but the upgrading system basically ruins it by arbitrarily limiting scoring potential regardless of skill until you grind long enough.
Spoiler
Kind of like a lot of the most popular arcade style games on iOS actually...
RHE

Post by RHE »

I dont like this game :x

Where's the laser and how can I bomb with button?

The double tap bomb is not always working for me.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

RHE wrote:I dont like this game :x

Where's the laser and how can I bomb with button?

The double tap bomb is not always working for me.
Yeah you have to bomb by tapping your ship..
It's a pretty half-assed game. It still feels very nice because SDOJ
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I desperately want to believe that the people involved in Cave's arcade releases have nothing to do with the quality of this shitty pay to win grindfest. I'm well aware this casual shit is what's profitable to the mass market of gullible imbeciles, but this is so... trashy.

Not all of their mobile games are bad mind you - Bug Panic was original enough that it worked well enough, and it didn't rely on pay to win elements. But this sort of blatant reuse of art assets too make such a poor game... I thought they learned that lesson when they sold Mushihimesama's assets to that korean developer for that short lived mobile game.
pokemon123

Post by pokemon123 »

yea unintalled it after around a day. just going to wait for the real thing. installing mahou otome now, wonder how it is.
ASK

Post by ASK »

Shot screen translation:

メインショットを強化
Strengthen main shot

メインショットを速くする
Faster main shot

メインショットを増やす
Increase main shot

オプションショットを強化
Strengthen option shot

オプションショットを速くする
Faster option shot

オプションショ ットを増やす
Increase option shot
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:I desperately want to believe that the people involved in Cave's arcade releases have nothing to do with the quality of this shitty pay to win grindfest. I'm well aware this casual shit is what's profitable to the mass market of gullible imbeciles, but this is so... trashy.

Not all of their mobile games are bad mind you - Bug Panic was original enough that it worked well enough, and it didn't rely on pay to win elements. But this sort of blatant reuse of art assets too make such a poor game... I thought they learned that lesson when they sold Mushihimesama's assets to that korean developer for that short lived mobile game.
Wtf, did you even play the game? The game doesn't even have online leaderboards. There's nothing to "win". And on top of that, it has been mentioned in this very thread (maybe even several times) that the game does NOT have any sort of microtransactions.
How is it pay to win? I want you to answer. There's literally nothing to pay for in the game.
It's like a small browser flash game.

This clearly didn't even take long to make, and is probably a small nice grindish game to promote Mahou Otome and maybe their upcoming steam SDOJ port? I don't know.

The way how people overreact to this is sad tbh. People think that this is what they've been working on for the last months and where all of their money went. :lol:
apatia77

Post by apatia77 »

Does anyone know how to unlock auto bomb (I now have 2 x 50 coins under Bombs to unlock but these are greyed out so I guess I must meet some criteria).

The only tip I can give is at the end watch the add video to the end as you then can get coin multilayer x 1, x 1.5 up to x 3, with this I managed to get 63 coins once :) , I am able to get 21 coins if I do 1-2 stage.
apatia77

Post by apatia77 »

After playing some more and spending like 1000 coins on upgrades I have unlocked a lot of different difficulties (easy, normal, hard, maniacs, god, red) and it seems there might be even more. Got 1 or 1-2 for all but red difficulty so far.

Still no Stage 3 to be seen :(

Anyone unlocked Stage 3 or anything past Red difficulty yet?
OlDirty

Post by OlDirty »

Anyone has an idea what they are talking about? I don't understand any f word :?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGmY22vId3g
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

It looks like they're just talking about the Transition event and what their presence there will be.
OlDirty

Post by OlDirty »

Thanks. I thougth there might be a little hint what's their next steam game :D
rugdoctor

Post by rugdoctor »

apatia77 wrote:After playing some more and spending like 1000 coins on upgrades I have unlocked a lot of different difficulties (easy, normal, hard, maniacs, god, red) and it seems there might be even more. Got 1 or 1-2 for all but red difficulty so far.

Still no Stage 3 to be seen :(

Anyone unlocked Stage 3 or anything past Red difficulty yet?
No extra stages for me yet as well, just working on getting the different ships powered up.

Got a buddy too...

apatia77

Post by apatia77 »

I'm starting to believe that stage 3 is all but a myth. :lol:
rtw

Post by rtw »

With the latest update the game is playable on my iPhone 4S, iOS version 8.4.1
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

Thanks for the update. I just checked and it's running on my 4S now too under ios 9.2.

I kinda dig this. The grinding stuff works fine for a free phone game. I've gotten a new upgrade after every game so far and just to see what the next upgrade looks and feels like is enough to make me want to keep playing it over and over. I hope there is a 3rd stage coming, it really feels like it's there but locked.

I don't like the bombing. It would be better to have a second finger on the screen set off a bomb. The remove finger double tapping isn't responsive enough for the timing you need for bombs.
apatia77

Post by apatia77 »

I've managed to unlock all upgrades for all ships. I've unlocked stage 1, 2 and 1-2 for all difficulties except the Red difficulty where I have 1, 2 , stage 1-2 is visible but locked , not sure how to unlock it.

I've noticed that once you get 80%+ in any stage you then unlock the next difficulty for that stage. I've managed to get 90%+ in everything but stage 3 is still not there.