It's over, CAVE is dead... or maybe not...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Shepardus

Re: It's over, CAVE is dead... or maybe not...

Post by Shepardus »

Muchi Muchi Spork wrote:They've made silly videos like this for years and years.
Yeah it's not even as weird as the Muchi Muchi Pork and Pink Sweets PVs they did before. Though this one's not as... interesting... to watch.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Shepardus wrote:
Muchi Muchi Spork wrote:They've made silly videos like this for years and years.
Yeah it's not even as weird as the Muchi Muchi Pork and Pink Sweets PVs they did before. Though this one's not as... interesting... to watch.
Or the awful espgaluda 2 tv commercial.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Mr Halibut

Post by Mr Halibut »

OST albums are now up on Amazon UK MP3 store @ £7.99 each. I think this is all of them so far, don't know if they're planning on adding more.

Akai Katana
Dangun Feveron
Deathsmiles
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu
Dodonpachi Daioujou
Espgaluda II
Ibara
Ketsui
Mushihimesama
Mushihimesama Futari
Pink Sweets

edit: they now added:
Dodonpachi Saidaioujou
Muchi Muchi Pork
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

The app's now released for iOS.
Rated 12+ for the following:
Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Post by Furry Fox Jet Pilot »

Shepardus wrote:The app's now released for iOS.
Rated 12+ for the following:
Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
I just installed it and I get a pop up that prompts me to press ok and then the app crashes... Not cool :roll:
astroid

Post by astroid »

So, there are the live screens. Looks and sounds nice :D Keep playing... Ship is too weak from beginning. Upgrades for coins, coins from enemies and cards for ads videos. Upgrades menu translation strongly needed.
Image Image Image
ImageImageImage
astroid

Post by astroid »

Image Image
ImageImageImage
trap15

Post by trap15 »

pay2win sdoj lol
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

when's sdoj on steam
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
GSK

Post by GSK »

trap15 wrote:pay2win sdoj lol
I haven't played it yet but from the looks of things it's all free with no IAP, so you're not actually paying for any of this stuff, you're just expected to grind for it (but it's basically a caravan game so "grind" just means "play it a lot").
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Played it for a couple minutes, starts you out really underpowered and helpless feeling. Not going to deal with that even if it does get better. Seems to me they couldn't afford new assets so they said "hey make a game with all this art we already have".
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
astroid

Post by astroid »

There are no in-app purchases menu, only ads videos in the end of level.

Sooo, i'm leveled up :o
Image Image
Last edited by astroid on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
GSK

Post by GSK »

trap15 wrote:Played it for a couple minutes, starts you out really underpowered and helpless feeling. Not going to deal with that even if it does get better. Seems to me they couldn't afford new assets so they said "hey make a game with all this art we already have".
I imagine it's probably meant as a promo for a SDOJ PC port.
Mr Halibut

Post by Mr Halibut »

Worked for me on iPhone 6, got the crash after 'ok' on startup on iPad mini. I'll see if I need to upgrade the iOS version, maybe that'll help :roll:

You don't have to watch a video ad at the end of a run, but if you do you get an extra coin.

Does anyone now how to deploy a bomb? Or use laser? I guess maybe laser is going to be a shot upgrade and I assume autobomb will become available at some point, but I don't get why I can buy bomb upgrades / increase number of bombs and have no way to fire them :oops:
astroid

Post by astroid »

I'm playing it on iPad mini 2, ios 7.02, no crashes! No server checking, no network needed, no inapps, easy upgrades, coins getting well - this is NOT A PAY2WIN GAME, its really free :!: May be its really promo for something bigger :?: But why only in Japan Store?
ImageImageImage
Tatsuya79

Post by Tatsuya79 »

So... why the name Ichimen banchou?
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Probably because you need to play stage 1 over and over to get anywhere in the first place.

If this is to build hype for an SDOJ PC port, they sure are wasting an insane amount of money and effort on not the port :?
Mr Halibut

Post by Mr Halibut »

Also if they're not going to put in IAPs, they may as well have just made this a 'vanilla' port, it seems incredibly wasteful to turn it into this whole F2P grinding thing and then not actually monetize it properly.

edit: unless it is just to promote a PC version, then I suppose they don't really want to be giving away the exact same game. It's still all a bit weird though.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Am using an mini iPad 2 with retina display with 16gb of memory + ios 9.1 with this newfangled Ichimen banchou shmup. Proceeded to start up the game after hitting the ok button and it just simply returns to the main apps screen without booting it up.

Hmmm...I wonder if it has "non-booting issue" due to using the latest ios version setup?

Anyone else manage to get it to run without any problems on an mini iPad 2 with ios 9.1 setup?

After looking at the actual file size of Ichimen banchou on the mini iPad 2, it says that it takes up a mere 85.8mb of memory allocated to it. Tried deleting some valuable "real estate" memory space to see if it'd boot up properly and still no dice. I realize trying to make do with just a mere 16gb of internal memory (plus the fact that there's no proper way to add more additional memory whatsoever -- {aside from buying an ample larger-sized memory endowed iPad setup}, that is a real challenge unto itself {especially when running bloated & memory intensive ios game apps that end up taking a serious chunk of memory alone + auto d/l'ing of app/game updates, again, eats into precious memory}).

At least with 'em android powered tablets, a simple solution to remedy a small internal memory situation at hand, is to get a larger microSDHC card -- easy as pie. I know Apple still sells 'em mini iPad2s with the larger 32gb of memory size (and can be bought for $279.99 USD at Costco {which I saw over there at that attractive pricepoint just the other day}).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
astroid

Post by astroid »

Just unlock stage 2 and other ships PLUS Double play in main menu (AI helper)

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

It just exits after a Japan language notice screen for me on my old iPhone 4S. It's running ios 9.2 though. I wonder if it needs to be installed on a Japan language account to work. It showed up in the app store even when logged into my US account so I don't think it matters.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

WHENS SDOJ
Mr Halibut

Post by Mr Halibut »

I'm running on a UK account without doing any weird stuff to change app store location, and it runs on iphone 6 (but not ipad mini 1) for me. Currently updating iOS on the ipad, but not getting my hopes up :/

So, from that screenshot showing "stage 1-2" it looks like after grinding through stage 2, instead of unlocking stage 3 it gives you the ability to play stage 1 and then 2 in a single run? Ugh...
qmish

Post by qmish »

Able to run it on my iPad 3 (2012) with iOS7

Not sure, if it has low FPS or just ship is slow at start.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

Oh god, I'm such a CAVE slave.
All I need is bright bullets, shooting and dodging and I'm addicted. At first I thought that this was terrible, but I still kept playing it long enough for the game to brainwash me.
I'm ashamed of myself. :cry:
rtw

Post by rtw »

I get this:

When I hit OK the application exits, the app is still running in the background though.

Anyone care to translate the message shown ?

This is on an iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4.1.
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

I believe it says that your device isn't supported.
Strikers1945guy

Post by Strikers1945guy »

So no Android version?
Mister Midnight wrote:btw, cant trust them Koreans; remember Pearl Harbor
rugdoctor

Post by rugdoctor »

Mr Halibut wrote:Worked for me on iPhone 6, got the crash after 'ok' on startup on iPad mini. I'll see if I need to upgrade the iOS version, maybe that'll help :roll:

You don't have to watch a video ad at the end of a run, but if you do you get an extra coin.

Does anyone now how to deploy a bomb? Or use laser? I guess maybe laser is going to be a shot upgrade and I assume autobomb will become available at some point, but I don't get why I can buy bomb upgrades / increase number of bombs and have no way to fire them :oops:
Double tapping on the fighter released the bomb for me, not sure about laser or any other easier method of deploying the bomb?
astroid

Post by astroid »

Bombing works not always, i'm use slow double tap upper than ship or just use auto (at max upgrade). Opens all difficulties: normal, hard, maniacs, god. But HOW to unlock stage 3?! I know it is here :D
ImageImageImage