How long did it take you to get your 1 CC's?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Squire Grooktook

Re: How long did it take you to get your 1 CC's?

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Kollision wrote:I can only say one thing, guys
this thread makes me feel like shit
I'm actually uplifted seeing the depth of improvement and skill displayed here.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

The silliest thing here is that people picked the 8 hours for the first loop of Ketsui as the hard to believe time, even though that one is rather normal. That's still over 20 attempts with creditfeeding and it's not something particularly difficult.
Paradigm
Banned User

Post by Paradigm »

Erppo wrote:The silliest thing here is that people picked the 8 hours for the first loop of Ketsui as the hard to believe time, even though that one is rather normal. That's still over 20 attempts with creditfeeding and it's not something particularly difficult.
My post was referring to everything but that.
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

Paradigm wrote:
Erppo wrote:The silliest thing here is that people picked the 8 hours for the first loop of Ketsui as the hard to believe time, even though that one is rather normal. That's still over 20 attempts with creditfeeding and it's not something particularly difficult.
My post was referring to everything but that.
I didn't mean you, some people explicitly quoted that bit.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

I don't think 8 solid hrs at Ketsui sounds unreasonable, although I think I'd need longer than that.
Muchi Muchi Spork wrote:It took me way longer than most of what is posted here to get my clears. I'm a bit confused too. Skykid is saying he cleared DOJ in 15 hours but I thought he made a post when he first cleared it and said he had been trying for years?
Not at all. You're referring to this thread?

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 7&p=737397

I had played the game off and on for a long time, but cycling it between countless other titles. It wasn't until Paradigm insulted and incensed me in off topic that I dug the board out and decided it was staying put until I got the clear. I'm very grateful to him for the motivation.
15 hrs later and it fell. Could have even been less, not really sure.

Dodonpachi on 6 or 7 credits I consider my shmupping peak, where everything I had picked up thus far had me in the zone. I've never been able to clear the game on the odd repeat try though. Power has diminished. :(
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

My god, I've finally done it: my first 1cc, Triggerheart Excelica. I guess it took me 5 years of off and on play, and about 1 month of concentrated determination. That was quite possibly the most satisfying game experience of my entire life. I'm going to make sure the next one doesn't take as long. I can't even explain how happy I feel right now.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

I though I 1cc'd Deathsmiles, until people pointed out my board wasn't on default settings. Didn't realize there was the extra settings for damage, etc. and not just difficulty=normal.

I was so embarrassed, especially after swearing up and down it was set to Normal and that they were all full of shit. :oops:

I've cleared the first loop of Batsugun Special..... :|

I suck at games is what I am trying to say. Mind you, I'm generally intoxicated when I play. :lol:

I can 1cc Neo Drift Out all day long though. 8)
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

Skykid wrote:I don't think 8 solid hrs at Ketsui sounds unreasonable, although I think I'd need longer than that.
uh huh.. do you think Futari original in 3 credits sounds reasonable? assuming that means 3 credits having never played it before, otherwise it's not actually 3 credits is it?

This thread is filled with questionable stats, but that one has to be one of the best.
To go "full-Plank" - colloquial - To experience disproportionate levels of frustration as a result of resistance to completing a task. Those who go "full-Plank" very rarely recover.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

To clarify, it wasn't the "7-8 hours" thing that seemed funny to me; it was the 7-8 hours figure plus the claim that it was the first STG he ever played. (Still possible in that case, but I think we'd all agree that'd be a pretty phenomenal rate of improvement. ;))
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Behold! shmups farm in just 3 pages. :P
trap15

Post by trap15 »

People who actively contribute to making this forum 'shmups farm' should hardly be calling it that.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

till now I just thought shmups farm was a silly way of naming the forum.
DragonInstall

Post by DragonInstall »

Deathsmiles 1 hour

EspgaludaII 100+ hours lol
Espgaluda III needs to happen.
TheSyllogist

Post by TheSyllogist »

Whooo!

Just got the 1 CC for Mushihimesama Futari Original.

This is the estimated effort it took to clear:

These are all approximations. I did not record my sessions.

30-50 attempts via Score Attack (Did not Credit Feed as I wanted to upload to the xbox leaderboards).
2 Credit Feed Attempts
10 Practice Sessions for Stage 2 boss (Criss-cross pattern (2nd attack in 2nd phase) was giving me some trouble)
5 Practice Sessions for Stage 3 (2nd half really tough. Still haven't nailed it down without using a bomb)
20 Practice Sessions for Stage 3 boss (1st patterns of phase 1 and 2 gave me trouble).
10 Practice Sessions for Stage 4
5 Practice Sessions for Stage 4 boss
15 Practice Sessions for Stage 5
30 Practice Sessions for Stage 5 boss (Used about 30,000 counter. I'd end up getting there with about a 20k+ counter).

All in all, about 40 Score Attack attempts and 100 Deliberate Practice Sessions.

Approximately 18-20 hours to 1CC my first shmup.

Photo here. Funny how the score I wanted to photograph was the blurry score and the default one the clear one. By the time I realized I could bring that screen up again later, I already turned off my xbox and Futari doesnt keep track after the system is shut off.

Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

I suppose the skip around options make console hours not comparable with pcb hours but congrats anyway.
TheSyllogist

Post by TheSyllogist »

I'm sure if I was playing on a pcb it would have taken a couple hours more. But I have the resource, so I'm gonna take advantage of it.
Special World

Post by Special World »

it took me months to clear futari black label original, lol
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

TheSyllogist wrote:I'm sure if I was playing on a pcb it would have taken a couple hours more. But I have the resource, so I'm gonna take advantage of it.
Without being able to practice stages these games would never be cleared unless you literally dedicated your life to doing so. Having to repeatedly play 15 minutes of stages so that you could get a fleeting glance at the stage that keeps killing you would result in the clear times increasingly massively, probably by a factor of at least 20.
To go "full-Plank" - colloquial - To experience disproportionate levels of frustration as a result of resistance to completing a task. Those who go "full-Plank" very rarely recover.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

DrTrouserPlank wrote:
TheSyllogist wrote:I'm sure if I was playing on a pcb it would have taken a couple hours more. But I have the resource, so I'm gonna take advantage of it.
Without being able to practice stages these games would never be cleared unless you literally dedicated your life to doing so. Having to repeatedly play 15 minutes of stages so that you could get a fleeting glance at the stage that keeps killing you would result in the clear times increasingly massively, probably by a factor of at least 20.
No one reply to this.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
hail good sir

Post by hail good sir »

my
Last edited by hail good sir on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

DrTrouserPlank wrote:Without being able to practice stages these games would never be cleared unless you literally dedicated your life to doing so. Having to repeatedly play 15 minutes of stages so that you could get a fleeting glance at the stage that keeps killing you would result in the clear times increasingly massively, probably by a factor of at least 20.
so if I had stage practice it would take me only 0,15 credits to clear futari original
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

AntiFritz wrote:
DrTrouserPlank wrote:
No one reply to this.
I'm sorry I have to -
I've never used a practice mode in any shmup -_-

according to my raptr counter, I've spent a total of 94 hours in futari which would include just f'ing around with friends co-oping, trying to learn the scoring system, and then my 1.5 original, bl original, bl maniac clears. then again, I don't think my estimated clear times were too unreasonable.
a creature... half solid half gas
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

Haha yeah, I hardly ever use practise either, and I cleared Futari BL Original on my 6th credit. I did play quite a bit of 1.5 before that, tho I have not yet cleared that one. DTP, stop being a troll, or if you are not, stop playing shmups. For your own sanity.
Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

Watch what you ask for. Who would be the board mascot if he quits? His sucking brings everyone else luck.
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

Maybe. Also, DTP, did you manage to 1CC anything so far yourself? Just wondering.
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

Muchi Muchi Spork wrote:Watch what you ask for. Who would be the board mascot if he quits? His sucking brings everyone else luck.
Indeed.

One has to wonder at whom all the nerd angst would be directed if I wasn't here. Just as a cooling rod keeps a nuclear reactor under control, I am the entity that stops all the retards from turning on each other and destroying the place.
ptoing wrote:Maybe. Also, DTP, did you manage to 1CC anything so far yourself? Just wondering.
No.
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

Didn't you manage to get to Stage 5 in Futari BL quite regularly? Why not push a bit further and get the 1CC.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Just reminder that I have played these games consistently for over 10 years before I was getting any 1CCs.
Maybe I'm a slow learner compared to some of you guys, but now I'm able to take down most games I set my target on. People who just get into the genre and expect to start clearing these games don't seem to realize the time that some of us have invested.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

Regarding practice modes:

I tend not to use them unless I'm going for a clear that's actually really fucking hard. In those cases, I'll basically practice the last two stages only, usually doing so before putting in a credit to the full game, if only to remind myself of what happens in the last two stages.

I did 1-all DonPachi and DoDonPachi, and I 1cc'd Espgaluda completely without practice mode/savestates, in case that's interesting.
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

I started playing shmups on MAME around 2002, mainly DDP and some other cave stuff. But I only 1CC'd DDP in 2008 I think. And I have not 1CC'd too many of them, but I can feel that I am getting better at them for sure. And I still love playing them. So it's win/win for me.