XIIZEAL & ΔZEAL (Shooting Love) / Triangle Service / Xbox360

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
PC Engine Fan X!

Re: XIIZEAL & ΔZEAL (Shooting Love) / Triangle Service / Xbo

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Tucker wrote:
Fudoh wrote:Given the low sales and the high costs for patches I wouldn't wait for one.

If you have a tate display, just add an external scanline box (MiniSLG, RetroVGA or SLG3000) and enjoy Deltazeal with perfect scanlines.
Yes i know they are expensive.

I would love to get a scanline box but can the slg3000 work over HDMI or VGA only?I've tried my xbox360 with VGA connection (microsoft own brand) but wasn't impressed with the results.I got bad anti-aliasing on backgrounds for some reason.I like the crispness of the hdmi (on lcd).
Out of all the vert shooters i own,this and Pink Sweets desperatlely need scan lines.
BTW I've been meaning to ask about this in the hardware section.
It works just fine with the official 360 VGA cable. You could try using a T-SLG with it's user adjustable settings.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

The first patch for a 360 game is always free.

Noticed another problem with the interface when playing with a friend today: you can't make separate button configurations for the 1P and 2P sides.
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

Pretas wrote:The first patch for a 360 game is always free.

Noticed another problem with the interface when playing with a friend today: you can't make separate button configurations for the 1P and 2P sides.
Correct. Also I could SWEAR the scoring system was acting up during a co-op game. As in I wasn't always scoring points when getting medals.
VixyNyan

Post by VixyNyan »

denpanosekai wrote:2) how exactly are extra credits unlocked? Do you have to play full games or time spent restarting level 1 because of a dumb death doesn't count? I find that I only received the "extra credit" message when entering my initials after a high score.
It unlocks in a timely fashion, with each hour or so.
A credit (as soon as you played at least an hour) will also unlock in Score Attack stages if you decide to exit back to the main menu.
Rebecca Loveheart - Love & Snuggles~ <3
[ TrueAchievements | PSN Profile | Youtube | LiveStreaming ]
Giest118: SDOJ is great and the port will also be great.
moh: play games. they're fun.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

The first patch for a 360 game is always free.
didn't know that. I just remember huge complaints from smaller devs about the release or hosting fees for patches to be so extremely high.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Thanks to this collection, I'm actively playing XIIStag again. I think using the auto side attack (mapped to "A" on my joystick button layout) has had some hand in that (saving major wear and tear on my stick and wrist). SO basically, playing the game now boils down to press A to 12. G-Stream/DeltaZeal is ok but I think Fujino-san outdid himself a little by trying to challenge Raiden Fighters Jet with the worst coloured high speed bullets (seriously, half the time I simply DO NOT see what hit me... everything's going fine and then that spontaneous pause a la Under Defeat followed by my ship exploding).
zakk

Post by zakk »

twelvetwelvetwelvetwelvetwelvetwelvetwelvetwelvetwelvetwelvetwelvettttttttttttttttttwelve

(then I get sniped by a tank. fuck you tank)
16bitFil

Post by 16bitFil »

I preordered this from CDJapan and then discovered that it came with a "pre-order bonus item" which turned out to be this pretty jazzy little customisable travel mug (it came with a second insert too but it's essentially the same, just with different text and minus the XIIZEAL & ΔZEAL logos).

Shooting Love 10th Tumblr by 16bitFil, on Flickr
Danny

Post by Danny »

zakk wrote:twelvetwelvetwelvetwelvetwelvetwelvetwelvetwelvetwelvetwelvetwelvettttttttttttttttttwelve

(then I get sniped by a tank. fuck you tank)
Ha that happened on my best run today, beat the first couple of levels then the very first tank on level 3 point blanks me while hiding in some trees! :lol:
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Kiken wrote:Thanks to this collection, I'm actively playing XIIStag again. I think using the auto side attack (mapped to "A" on my joystick button layout) has had some hand in that (saving major wear and tear on my stick and wrist). SO basically, playing the game now boils down to press A to 12. G-Stream/DeltaZeal is ok but I think Fujino-san outdid himself a little by trying to challenge Raiden Fighters Jet with the worst coloured high speed bullets (seriously, half the time I simply DO NOT see what hit me... everything's going fine and then that spontaneous pause a la Under Defeat followed by my ship exploding).
Remember that G-Stream came out before XII Stag (same year but G-Stream was March 17 IIRC). You could say Fujino learnt his lesson from G-Stream regarding the bullet visibility issues (which for me is only really bad in the Stage 2 train segment).

Remember also that the spawning of items is influenced by your main shot. I have autofire at A/RT and auto side attack at X/LT myself.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

BPzeBanshee wrote:Remember that G-Stream came out before XII Stag (same year but G-Stream was March 17 IIRC). You could say Fujino learnt his lesson from G-Stream regarding the bullet visibility issues (which for me is only really bad in the Stage 2 train segment).

Remember also that the spawning of items is influenced by your main shot. I have autofire at A/RT and auto side attack at X/LT myself.
Ah, so G-Stream actually pre-dates XIIStag, huh? I guess that would explain things. And yeah, I have Rensha set to Y and am constantly holding that down. Also, I'm now right below you in the rankings for XIIStag. Roundeyes represent in the top 10! ;)
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Nice! I've been trying to get a better score, but the one time I did this weekend I wasn't connected to LIVE. Fucking 4.5mil at stage 5 too. D:
Danny

Post by Danny »

Man I would be happy just to survive the game let alone get a score like that... :(
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Man, I'm having an absolute blast with Deltazeal. Been playing it quite a bit. Gonna finish the last stage at some point, I love/hate that they implemented the "restart on continue" thing for the last stage.
05pro

Post by 05pro »

Anyone else having issues with the Score Attack leaderboard replays for XIIZeal? I've set the world record for SA1 on about 5 occasions today and each time it uploads the game clip and when I go into the leaderboards it's there and can be viewed :D After a while it disappears but my score is still there.

I had a WR score up from about 11am today whose replay vanished but came back a few hours later. I've since beaten that score and same thing again. Replay goes up and then vanishes shortly afterwards. My SA2 WR has been up all day and that replay's still available though. Well annoying :(

I also wish you could download other peoples replays. I hate games where you can't do that. At least its better than the old Shooting Love 200X scoreboards that replaced your score with your most recent one irrespective of whether you beat your old one or not.
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

You sure that you're going into the all-time ranking instead of the weekly leaderboards?
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

I've noticed that oddity within the leaderboards as well, and it occurs regardless of game/mode/weekly/all time. Not sure what's happening here.
05pro

Post by 05pro »

Skyline wrote:You sure that you're going into the all-time ranking instead of the weekly leaderboards?
Yep - I'm top in both all time and weekly at present and when the replay disappears from one it disappears from the other too. Most of the top 10 replays are missing from Score Attack st.1 now :(

It's a real shame as there's virtually no good replays / info out there for XIIStag and I can already destroy the INH DVD scores for the 1st 2 stages (not entirely comparing like with like as you can play Score Attack slightly differently due to bomb management concerns not having to carry over from one stage to the next. I can still beat them in Arcade mode but it doesn't count for much when I can't beast on the remaining stages yet)

This issue doesn't seem to be affecting Delta Zeal but I did notice that ALOEsans stage 2 score attack replay is a de-sync'd mess.

Oi, Traingle Service - give us some replay love please.
05pro

Post by 05pro »

Right, I've figured out how to make the replays disappear from the leaderboards and in turn, how to make sure they stay up.

When you set a new record the game automatically uploads your replay and score to the board. Any future game you play where you end up with a lower score than your best will automatically delete your existing replay if you finish the stage and get to the 'connect now' screen. Your best score will still be up but its related replay will be gone.

Basically I've set another Score Attack stage 1 WR tonight (315xxx) so any score I had at the end of a run under 315k I'd hit select and exit to the menu to save time. For an hour or so the replay was there with no problems. Then I hit another 315K score. I didn't know if it was greater than my previous 315K score so I let the game end naturally. I got the 'connecting now' screen but it didn't upload a new clip as the score was slightly lower than my existing record. Suffice to say my WR replay is no longer on the board :(

I tested this on my stage 4 score too. That replay had been up for ages as I've not been practicing it much so I hopped on, suicided my ships, connecting now, existing replay vanishes. Boo

If you want to keep your replays up then take a mental note of your high score. If you don't beat it then exit back to the menu before the connecting now screen eats your existing replay.
Danny

Post by Danny »

05pro wrote:Right, I've figured out how to make the replays disappear from the leaderboards and in turn, how to make sure they stay up.

When you set a new record the game automatically uploads your replay and score to the board. Any future game you play where you end up with a lower score than your best will automatically delete your existing replay if you finish the stage and get to the 'connect now' screen. Your best score will still be up but its related replay will be gone.

Basically I've set another Score Attack stage 1 WR tonight (315xxx) so any score I had at the end of a run under 315k I'd hit select and exit to the menu to save time. For an hour or so the replay was there with no problems. Then I hit another 315K score. I didn't know if it was greater than my previous 315K score so I let the game end naturally. I got the 'connecting now' screen but it didn't upload a new clip as the score was slightly lower than my existing record. Suffice to say my WR replay is no longer on the board :(

I tested this on my stage 4 score too. That replay had been up for ages as I've not been practicing it much so I hopped on, suicided my ships, connecting now, existing replay vanishes. Boo

If you want to keep your replays up then take a mental note of your high score. If you don't beat it then exit back to the menu before the connecting now screen eats your existing replay.
Wow that is really poor design, they should fix that! :(
ciox

Post by ciox »

Yeah you need to report that somehow, it's half the work to know what triggers the bug.
05pro

Post by 05pro »

ciox wrote:Yeah you need to report that somehow, it's half the work to know what triggers the bug.
I did a Google translation of my post and emailed it to Triangle Service last night. I doubt they'll change anything seeing as the boards are still better than the ones they used for Shooting Love 200x but you never know.

At least the score rankings are 100% legit unlike the glitched mess that is SDOJ. How hard is it to make leaderboards that work and have replays that you can download and save :roll:
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Agreed.

I honestly thought some of these leaderboard positions just had people being dicks, seems that's not the case. Thank fuck for small mercies though: it's the only "important" bug that's really noticeable apart from Stage 3-B's truck secret only awarding points to 1P side (anyone else notice this before me?).
jandrogo

Post by jandrogo »

I am really enjoying AZeal, I have received it this week together with SDOJ and Caladrius and both are taking dust in a shelf while Triangle Service compilation gets all the attention.
Last edited by jandrogo on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Working in the japanese language achievement
Vortecks

Post by Vortecks »

Just got my special edition copy today from AmiAmi, arrived a lot sooner than I thought it would.

Excited to check it out. It'll be nice to have a little break from Cave stuff.

After glancing at the pdf that came with it, I really wish I could read Japanese, it looks like 38 pages of awesome. Oh well, maybe in time. Does anyone have a general idea what all it talks about?

Sorry if it was asked earlier. :\
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Got really close to the SCC in XIIZeal just a few moments ago. No missed up to the stage 7 boss and just kinda flubbed my way past him losing both extends in stock. Had one bomb and rolled into stage 8 and was not quite ready for the rank rise from just playing the stage in score attack. Managed to pull 3rd on the leaderboards with 7.2 million though.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Nice!

I've had no luck getting anywhere with XIIZeal lately. Feels like I've hit a wall. I have noticed the competition get really tight though: someone pulled some 7.6 mil for DeltaZeal!

EDIT: I PMed NTSC-J, from what he sees in Arcadia the current WRs for the games are 14,327,060 for XII Stag and 9,154,630 for G-Stream G2020. DeltaZeal is in some ways a different beast from G-Stream G2020 but the score is quite comparable from the most part, so at the most 9 million should be reachable by high-tier players.
Aleksei

Post by Aleksei »

Holy crap, I just unlocked an achievement on stage 1 which triggered and alternate route, can anyone tell me what triggered it?
Image Image
[Cabinet 007]
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

BPzeBanshee wrote:EDIT: I PMed NTSC-J, from what he sees in Arcadia the current WRs for the games are 14,327,060 for XII Stag...
It should be noted that this was done using some crazy 7 button set up that has 4 additional auto-fire macros. It's described in the booklet that came with the INH DVD. I guess the trade off is that the WR was done with strictly manual side attacks (all ridiculous joystick wiggling).
Aleksei wrote:Holy crap, I just unlocked an achievement on stage 1 which triggered and alternate route, can anyone tell me what triggered it?
Which game.. there are secret path achievements in both XIIZeal and DeltaZeal for their first stages.