Shmup Related Questions That Don't Deserve a Thread

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BareKnuckleRoo

Re: Shmup Related Questions That Don't Deserve a Thread

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Seahawk wrote:I have a US 360 and a PAL copy of Dodonpachi Resurrection. Is there any way for me to purchase the Black Label DLC? In the DLC menu ingame the only tab available is "more information", there are no purchasing options available.
Basically, make an account, but set the region to Europe, you should see it pop up in the store. Then it should be playable even on your normal account. The downside is that the DLC isn't tied to your normal account so if you ever have to switch systems or whatever, it's an extra pain to deal with.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

I'm not sure if this deserves it's own thread, or if it's not shmup related enough, but I'm thinking of ordering a Saturn pad. Is this thing any good, or do you really need a bona-fied Saturn pad + usb adapater?
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Has anyone actually 1cc'd Pink sweets (not 1.01 or arrange) without abusing infinite lives? I keep seeing posts about how brutal the game is, and I can't find any 1cc runs on youtube without infinite lives.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

There's a few low rank nonscoring ones and maybe a few somewhat scoring on the game's leaderboard.

But the scoring can never be as good without the infinite lives, since you can't do a lot of deaths to get graze points with invulnerability on some patterns.
KAI

Post by KAI »

here
Avoid scoring, that's the key.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Speaking of which, the 360 version doesn't have the infinite lives bug at all, right?
KAI

Post by KAI »

nope.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

So it does have the bug?
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

It's been said that a scoring clear of Pink Sweets is comparable to a DOJ 2-ALL. I imagine it's been done, but last I checked there were no replays available... we'll just have to wait for Plasmo to do it, I guess.

The port does not have the infinite lives bug.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

CStarFlare wrote:It's been said that a scoring clear of Pink Sweets is comparable to a DOJ 2-ALL. I imagine it's been done, but last I checked there were no replays available... we'll just have to wait for Plasmo to do it, I guess.

DOJBL no scoring 2-all or WL?

scoring is pretty much always much harder in any game and BL 2-ALL without scoring isn't all that bad
then again there are only 3 people on this forum who actually bothered to play the game properly because it blows ass, so it's kinda hard to say
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

WL, and I thought the comparison was Mushi 1 Ultra.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

For Batsugun and Batsugun Special, what are the differences between region settings via the dip switches? I assume the high score version uses the Japanese one, but is there any gameplay/difficulty/rank difference? Or is it just the between-stage text translations?
Master O

Post by Master O »

Has anyone heard about this?

New 2014 Seimitsu Joysticks on the Horizon
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Bananamatic wrote:
CStarFlare wrote:It's been said that a scoring clear of Pink Sweets is comparable to a DOJ 2-ALL. I imagine it's been done, but last I checked there were no replays available... we'll just have to wait for Plasmo to do it, I guess.

DOJBL no scoring 2-all or WL?

scoring is pretty much always much harder in any game and BL 2-ALL without scoring isn't all that bad
then again there are only 3 people on this forum who actually bothered to play the game properly because it blows ass, so it's kinda hard to say
But those 3 people have tried very hard, trust me.

Speaking of which, I believe in Icarus. He could be the first to clear this monster. He's still far away though. :|

PS 1.00 without infinite lives is one of the harder Cave clears out there. It's no Futari Ultra, but easily comparable to DOJ 2-ALL indeed.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Master O wrote:Has anyone heard about this?

New 2014 Seimitsu Joysticks on the Horizon
Interesting stuff...has anybody reviewed the Hayabusa lever / Fighting Edge complete joystick for shmups yet?
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

I was just playing pink sweets, and the online leaderboard overwrote my top shasta score with the one I just got, which happened to have one less digit! It also seems to be displaying that score as my best overall despite the fact I have much better scores with other characters; does the leaderboard use some other factor besides score for ranking, or did it screw up on me?

*EDIT*
I was just playing muchi muchi pork when my local high score table just suddenly wiped itself; seriously, does anyone know what's happening here with the online and local leaderboards?
Last edited by cave hermit on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Ed Oscuro wrote:Interesting stuff...has anybody reviewed the Hayabusa lever / Fighting Edge complete joystick for shmups yet?
From the impressions over at SRK Tech Talk, it sounds like the second coming of Christ. It's like the improved love child of the LS-56 and the JLF. Too bad HORI won't ship outside of the US or Japan, or I'd gotten one by now. Compatible with JLF mounting plates, springs, shaft covers and dust washers. SANWA and Seimitsu need to step their game up.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

emphatic I think you can get it from Webhallen. What Ive read about it I want to test it :D

http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/spel/xbo ... rch:result
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

z0mbie90 wrote:emphatic I think you can get it from Webhallen. What Ive read about it I want to test it :D

http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/spel/xbo ... rch:result
Yes, I know. But I just want the lever, not a complete arcade stick.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

emphatic wrote:
Ed Oscuro wrote:Interesting stuff...has anybody reviewed the Hayabusa lever / Fighting Edge complete joystick for shmups yet?
From the impressions over at SRK Tech Talk, it sounds like the second coming of Christ. It's like the improved love child of the LS-56 and the JLF. Too bad HORI won't ship outside of the US or Japan, or I'd gotten one by now. Compatible with JLF mounting plates, springs, shaft covers and dust washers. SANWA and Seimitsu need to step their game up.
I'll take a look at that, thanks! Maybe it's just as well that I haven't gone out of my way to drop a lot of money on a stick yet.
Krooze L-Roy

Post by Krooze L-Roy »

In Mushi Pork, what do the Japanese characters on the explosions mean (I'm guessing it's just "bang" and "boom" and whatnot)? Also, the bubbles that come off your character (I'm assuming the equivalent of "huff" and "puff")?
KAI

Post by KAI »

The bubbles that come from the characters are キコキコ (kikokiko), that's a screeching sound.
The rest are obvious, DOKAAAAAAAAAN, DODODODODODON, those are explosion onomatopoeias.
Krooze L-Roy

Post by Krooze L-Roy »

KAI wrote:The bubbles that come from the characters are キコキコ (kikokiko), that's a screeching sound.
The rest are obvious, DOKAAAAAAAAAN, DODODODODODON, those are explosion onomatopoeias.
Ah, okay.
Lordgalvar-II

Post by Lordgalvar-II »

KAI wrote:The bubbles that come from the characters are キコキコ (kikokiko), that's a screeching sound.
Dang, I told my friend it was the sound of rubbing thighs.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Lordgalvar-II wrote:Dang, I told my friend it was the sound of rubbing thighs.
"Squeaking" would still work for that, right? Though I don't speak Japanese and have no idea if the sound effect in question might be interpreted as such (and would be kinda bummed if it couldn't).
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

How much space in terms of MB/GB do the iOS versions of Cave's games take up? I need a new cell phone and I'm wondering how much space I'd really need if I bought a phone for the sake of at least playing 'em. (I'd rather not go with an Apple phone, but it's what's got Mushi and Futari...)
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Another question: have the backgrounds for the Xbox 360 port of Futari been dumped and uploaded anywhere? I remember seeing Espgaluda II and Deathsmiles had their background art dumped into jpg form, but I'd like to see the backgrounds in Futari available too. :3
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

BareknuckleRoo wrote:Another question: have the backgrounds for the Xbox 360 port of Futari been dumped and uploaded anywhere? I remember seeing Espgaluda II and Deathsmiles had their background art dumped into jpg form, but I'd like to see the backgrounds in Futari available too. :3
Yeah I ripped them and uploaded them here http://imgur.com/a/AXrBj#0
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I love you. I didn't notice you ripped the AK and Futari ones.
CKR

Post by CKR »

BareknuckleRoo wrote:How much space in terms of MB/GB do the iOS versions of Cave's games take up? I need a new cell phone and I'm wondering how much space I'd really need if I bought a phone for the sake of at least playing 'em. (I'd rather not go with an Apple phone, but it's what's got Mushi and Futari...)
I did a quick search and it appears to be in the 150-350 MB range.