Blast Wind

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
benstylus

Post by benstylus »

Nemo wrote:A cool thing about the Blast Wind disc is that if you look on the shiny side, the ship design is etched on both sides of it. You have to shine it under light to see it.
That is pretty cool. I wonder if it was intentional or if it's just bleeding through from the other side?
You're arguing for a universe with fewer waffles in it. I'm prepared to call that cowardice.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

TWITCHDOCTOR wrote:As much as I love Ebay, I hate it too!
Everyone will (and does) compare prices to what things are selling for on the Bay.
Now everyone else may follow the the trend in pricing on this particular game.
It happend with Radiant Silvergun, it happend with Dracula X, etc,etc.
If this happends, expect the game/import shops to match those prices...even exceeding them.

I can see it now....(on Ebay)

BLAST WIND SPINE CARD Buy it Now $20.00

Tecnosoft's Blast Wind for the Sega Saturn. Must be able to play Japanese software. PLease note that this auction is for the Spine Card only.
Thanks for looking at my "rippoff" auction.
Shipping and handling: $10.00 Priority Mail :roll:
But game prices drop too. Just check out DBZ Shin Butohden, for a time an $80 game now reduced back to about $30. So many games have lowered prices that it's hard to blame Ebay when only about 5-10% of the games cost more than they did at retail.

As for your spinecard example, I daresay that's not a strange occurrence at all. Certain games with spine cards sell for over $20 more than without. Anyway, here's an interesting auction I noticed:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW
For the same price as Hyper Duel, you get a piece of paper. Oh, and it's $8 shipping too.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

So where's the best place to look for Blast Wind? Should I just keep checking Ebay, or are there any import stores that have it for a reasonable price?

Someone on Gametz.com might be willing to trade for it; I'll have to see.
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
Neon

Post by Neon »

http://forum.shmups.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=717

Just thought I'd spam and hijack this thread for my own personal benefit. Thanks. :P

I decided to let go of it, it's decent enough but there's other games I want to concentrate on, so it'd be criminal of me to keep hoarding it considering its rarity.