Shikigami no Shiro III news topic!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Super Laydock

Shikigami no Shiro III news topic!

Post by Super Laydock »

Just read that Shikigami III will indeed come out and will be presented by Alpha System on the AOU next month (18-19.02.05). As often Gamefront is the source of the news.

Oh and to prevent a widespread of new news topics I named this thread as it is. So all the news about this game can be found in 1 handy topic as of now (hopefully :)).
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

Oh yeah? Awesomeness... Any news article reporting this information? I'd love to know which system they'll be porting it to, and what hardware they're using this time and such...
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

AOU next month? More like next week. :D First screenshots, ahoy!

Here's hoping this part of the Shikigami saga gets a PS2 port like its predecessors.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Fighter17
Banned User

Post by Fighter17 »

That was quick. I though it would take a year, but next month, wow!
M0nk3y

Post by M0nk3y »

Is there even the slightest hope of seeing this on the Dreamcast?

Wouldn't be a bad start to the year to have Trizeal and SnS3 announced for the supposedly dead console.....

Hurrah for Dreamcast.
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Ghegs wrote:AOU next month? More like next week. :D First screenshots, ahoy!
:oops: , as Malc would say "Ï can't hear you, I am living in the past" :wink:
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I've only thus far played the demos of the first 2 games, but liked 'em enough to be on the lookout to purchase them...the gameplay of the first 2, IIRC, was fairly similar, though it worked well both times...I wonder if they'll try to do something different this time around, or "pull a Cave" and stick with the "if it ain't broke" mantra?

Though methinks that we shmuppers' biggest concern ought to be whether, if the game ever gets a US release, that XS games continues in its noble progress away from the Mobile Light Force era.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

I wouldn't count the DC out considering that it's still getting shmup ports, and that it got the last shmup in this series.
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
Neon

Post by Neon »

"pull a Cave" and stick with the "if it ain't broke" mantra?
cave games aren't rehashes, name a single one that's the exact same in terms of scoring etc. :wink: Those who aren't collectors who play their games for more than ten minutes should be unable.

back to shiki3 :wink:
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Jesus, I'm still messin' around with Shiki 2...somehow it seems early for Shiki 3; but I guess just keep 'em coming out.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
chtimi-CLA

Post by chtimi-CLA »

i think it's on type-x so a port would be on PS2?
TVG

Post by TVG »

i heard from a reliable source that the next MLF game is going to be tetris.
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

chtimi wrote:i think it's on type-x so a port would be on PS2?
Knowing Alfa System, it'll be on all three consoles and the PC. :D
highlandcattle

Post by highlandcattle »

why does everybody think that a PS2 port is guaranteed if a game is on the typeX.with shiki2 Alfa held a poll asking what would be the favorite platform for porting,users voted GC.So that is what they got but later on the game was ported to all systems including it's native one DC.

My best bet is that a port will appear next gen.Like they did with shiki one
system11

Post by system11 »

Neon wrote:
"pull a Cave" and stick with the "if it ain't broke" mantra?
cave games aren't rehashes, name a single one that's the exact same in terms of scoring etc. :wink: Those who aren't collectors who play their games for more than ten minutes should be unable.

back to shiki3 :wink:
Scoring is a triviality when deciding if a game is a rehash. The gameplay in almost all Caves games, is extremely similar. I don't think the original poster was even saying this was necessarily a bad thing.
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

highlandcattle wrote:
why does everybody think that a PS2 port is guaranteed if a game is on the typeX.
This is probably due to a statement made by Taito concerning the development of a kit that would allow fairly simple porting from TypeX to PS2. I guess Gigawing Generations will be the first example on exactly how failthful TypeX ports can be.

Add in the fact that companies which can afford to, and have the resources to pull off a PS2 port will do so, because the established user base, and the percentage of the said user base that likes the genre.
Last edited by Skyline on Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Neon

Post by Neon »

Scoring is a triviality when deciding if a game is a rehash. The gameplay in almost all Caves games, is extremely similar. I don't think the original poster was even saying this was necessarily a bad thing.
but that's the point :wink: take Progear. the scoring system completely changes the way you have to play the game.

Wasn't shiki 3 supposed to be a cell phone RPG or something like that?
highlandcattle

Post by highlandcattle »

Skyline wrote: This is probably due to a statement made by Taito concerning the development of a kit that would allow fairly simple porting from TypeX to PS2.
My bad didn't know that.
Skyline wrote:Add in the fact that companies which can afford to, and have the resources to pull off a PS2 port will do so, because the established user base, and the percentage of the said user base that likes the genre.
Well Alfa seems to be different they port to the system the fans want and after that they port to every othe system :wink:
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Any screenshots of this one yet?
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"