Cave STG is closing down.

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Hydeux

Cave STG is closing down.

Post by Hydeux »

haven't seen anything about it here :
Cave-STG.com is closing down
2012.09.13 5:20:19 AM
This will be my last post on Cave-STG. I have decided to close down the site due to a lack of time, interest, and money to keep it running. The current site will be taken down in about a week. The forum is viewable to registered members, in case they want to archive any posts. All posting has been disabled, however. It will remain this way for a week or so, and then I will take it down. Thanks very much for your support over the years.
What a shame !
Thanks EOJ for everything !!!
DJ Incompetent

Re: Cave STG is closing down.

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Old Slugworth got some of his manuscripts, huh?

It sucks to see that go. EOJ is one of the greatest contributors to the arts and sciences. His skills are absolute and far more powerful than the bible or the moon.

...and that's the story on why to never honor strategy forum takedown requests.
Op Intensify

Post by Op Intensify »

Whew, it's just that fan site that's closing down. I was seriously worried after seeing the topic title.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

but why does he have to copy andriasang so much? can't he just copy icycalm instead?
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Op Intensify

Post by Op Intensify »

Icy has himself reposted content from Cave-STG (with permission).
njiska

Post by njiska »

Op Intensify wrote:Icy has himself reposted content from Cave-STG (with permission).
When did he ever get permission? I still remember EOJ being super pissed about him copying reviews without consent.
Look at our friendly members:
MX7 wrote:I'm not a fan of a racist, gun nut brony puking his odious and uninformed arguments over every thread that comes up.
Drum wrote:He's also a pederast. Presumably.
Op Intensify

Post by Op Intensify »

I heard that the author of the Bullet Soul review was like "whatever, man, just give me credit."
moh

Post by moh »

I was just about to join =[
GaijinPunch wrote:Ketsui with suction cup.
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

Oh well. It was a cool little site, but most of the info posted there was posted here and vice versa, so no huge loss. I wonder if eoj will start posting here again.
njiska

Post by njiska »

Op Intensify wrote:I heard that the author of the Bullet Soul review was like "whatever, man, just give me credit."
Ah so content, but not EOJ written stuff. That makes more sense.
Look at our friendly members:
MX7 wrote:I'm not a fan of a racist, gun nut brony puking his odious and uninformed arguments over every thread that comes up.
Drum wrote:He's also a pederast. Presumably.
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

Scared the crap outta me.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

That sucks. I really liked the 'individual style' high score section of the forum. That was a great idea.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Random Elevator Action 2 blimp spotted flying by, promising a "NEW SOCIETY"
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

I liked Cave-STG and I'm a little sad it goes away !
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

So is shmups forum going to take over the job of serious shmup discussion now?
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

My preference: Yes.
My forecast: No.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Hopefully someone registered on the forum there will save some of the strategy/system discussion for the games...
KAI

Post by KAI »

Mixed feelings.
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

BulletMagnet wrote:Hopefully someone registered on the forum there will save some of the strategy/system discussion for the games...
That's what I came here to see. There's actually a ton of good information there. Did he check to see if anybody was willing to take over for him? Either way, good luck to whomever can save some of the good stuff!
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

If anyone wants to, save the strategy threads or whatever and send them to sikraiken @ gmail . com . I'll put them up on cavestg.com (not cave-stg.com)
MX7

Post by MX7 »

Shame, I really liked the site. I didn't post much but it was great for news.
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

sikraiken wrote:If anyone wants to, save the strategy threads or whatever and send them to sikraiken @ gmail . com . I'll put them up on cavestg.com (not cave-stg.com)
I am saving the pages at the moment. I can send you the raw html stuff, or if you want sort out the posts and consolidate the text into something that makes more sense (without little comments that contribute nothing to the strategy), dunno how long that would take, since I am quite busy otherwise. I guess I will send you the raw stuff anyway.
Should not be too long.

EDIT: OK, saved pretty much every strat thread of significance. Sending them your way.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Probably a bit of effort, but consolidating each threads info into a single page would be so useful.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

It was a good forum for collecting info on Cave titles, but then with Cave co. Ltd perched on the doorstep of oblivion it's not like there would have been a great deal more to talk about.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

ptoing

Post by ptoing »

bcass wrote:Probably a bit of effort, but consolidating each threads info into a single page would be so useful.
Yeah, that would be nice. Anyway, I sent sikraiken the stuff, and I would be willing to help as well, it is not THAT many threads really. But I am quite busy atm. It wont run away though.
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Skykid wrote: with Cave co. Ltd perched on the doorstep of oblivion it's not like there would have been a great deal more to talk about.
Et tu, Brute?
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

CAVE-STG will be missed with it's "take no prisoners" ban policy. Sometimes you just want info and grown-up discussions without trolling, nagging or other pointless shit. Thank you for the last couple of years, EOJ. Though you probably won't be reading this.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Tyjet

Post by Tyjet »

If anyone is able to save the web pages, the "CAVE Games" section would also be a nice thing to have since it contains bit and pieces of valuable information for strategy.

Isn't there a program that can save the whole website "as is" for offline viewing?
My Youtube Channel | Xbox: Tyjet Poison | My Scores
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Teleport Pro and Offline Explorer would do the trick. I actually plan on mirroring the site tonight and, if successful, will upload a .7z of it to my Dropbox. Shouldn't take much space since text is easily compressed.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
jonah00

Post by jonah00 »

Dudes, this is ridiculous. You've thought of everything but the first thing you should have thought of. Why don't you just ask EOJ to give you the entire forum, or better yet the entire site, in a zipped file, and then I am sure a dozen people here will come forward to host it as is, for archival purposes. I can't imagine EOJ somehow wishing to wipe off the internet all that hard work he's put into amassing so much insight and discussion on Cave games, even if he has lost interest in the games.

And don't be dicks about him in here with your petty rivalries and resentments. He's put 10 times more effort into our hobby than all his detractors put together, and that alone is reason enough to accord him his due respect, whatever girly issues you may have with his "personality" or some shit.

Edit: I posted this a couple of posts earlier, but it was approved only now. moozooh's plan is great, so we should go with that.
Last edited by jonah00 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.