Fair competitive practice and shoot'em ups

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
VixyNyan

Fair competitive practice and shoot'em ups

Post by VixyNyan »

Last edited by VixyNyan on Thu May 21, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rebecca Loveheart - Love & Snuggles~ <3
[ TrueAchievements | PSN Profile | Youtube | LiveStreaming ]
Giest118: SDOJ is great and the port will also be great.
moh: play games. they're fun.
Gus

Re: Mushihimesama Futari Ver1.5 & Black Label

Post by Gus »

Holy shit, nice!
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Gus wrote:Holy shit, nice!
+1 *clap*
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Congrats on the TLB clear Vixy. There's some crazy dodging going on in that replay, especially during stage 5. :shock:
VixyNyan

Post by VixyNyan »

Last edited by VixyNyan on Thu May 21, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TLB

Post by TLB »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA OH FUCKIN' WOW
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

this shit makes wrestling look real
KAI

Post by KAI »

I think I'm in love.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

KAI wrote:I think I'm in love.
she would probably cheat on you
ChainsawGuitarSP

Post by ChainsawGuitarSP »

So one day a bored god decided to buy Mushihimesama and played it not for the satisfaction of beating the game, but to laugh at our bewildered reactions.
Innovations in Recreational Electronic Media
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Bananamatic wrote:this shit makes wrestling look real
Bananamatic wrote:she would probably cheat on you
When I was watching it I was thinking that the dodging was way too ridiculous to be real, but is it actually possible to cheat in the 360 games? It's on the leaderboards, and I've never seen a replay or score on there that looked suspect.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
Gus

Post by Gus »

I'm guessing it's been a very long time since you guys played Futari. Your hitbox is ridiculously small, it's 2x4 pixels in 1.5 Maniac/Ultra and while I don't have an exact number for BL I'd guess it's either that or a little smaller. On top of that most of the bullets in both 1.5 and BL are designed to only really count if you hit their center and there's this area around that you're free to hit. The stage 4 boss's 2nd phase was even designed with that in mind.

Anyway after watching some of the replay nothing really seemed suspect to me. There were a few times where it seemed like the player might have screwed up or just had no idea how to handle a section and just sort of lucked but nothing really out of the ordinary. Fuck, I'd say ZAP's meticulously planned superplay involved a lot more of those "How the fuck did he get through that" type dodges.

That said, there are still awesome moments in there. My favorite is 30:35.
Zengeku3
Banned User

Post by Zengeku3 »

Wow, i'd wish I were that good. Without cheating that is.

I'm sorry to say this to you Vixy but it's not very convincing.
VixyNyan

Post by VixyNyan »

Last edited by VixyNyan on Thu May 21, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Why must you turn my forum into a house of lies?
Gus wrote:I'm guessing it's been a very long time since you guys played Futari. Your hitbox is ridiculously small...Fuck, I'd say ZAP's meticulously planned superplay involved a lot more of those "How the fuck did he get through that" type dodges.

That said, there are still awesome moments in there.
Gus, brother, I think maybe the thought of a Betty posting a Spiritual Larsa clear is fogging your better judgement. ZAP's crazy dodges are crazy but show a master of the craft at the height of his powers. This video has one gnarly flail after another. I'll grant anyone a couple of holy shit moments in a run, but not this many. When you learn the game well enough to get to Spiritual Larsa, you don't take needless risks like she does. btw, her youtube account has hundreds of TAS videos.

I'm honestly more curious about how she did it.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

This video is as real as my V-V score.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

NTSC-J wrote:This video has one gnarly flail after another. I'll grant anyone a couple of holy shit moments in a run, but not this many. When you learn the game well enough to get to Spiritual Larsa, you don't take needless risks like she does. btw, her youtube account has hundreds of TAS videos.

I'm honestly more curious about how she did it.
I'm curious about this too. You could turn this video into a drinking game and see how many 'fluke' dodges were made (my fave is this one).

What also struck me as suspect is you have moments like this that are clearly attempts to score despite this comment Vixy had posted:
@chirpy13 I suck at scoring and point blanking, it gets tedious repeating the same run over and over trying to improve. I like to split my skills into many games instead of playing the same game over and over. Thats why I do survival rund[sic] instead so I have time to do other things when Im done. My job doesnt allow me much freetine [sic] ^^; -Rebecca (phone)
To be fair, you could theoretically get really, really lucky and get to Spiritual Larsa even with a ton of absurdly lucky dodges in the run, but the sheer luck involved would be enormous and is the sort of thing that would only happen once in millions of runs. Doesn't strike me as the sort of thing someone who plays a wide variety of games with a busy job would manage that quickly. Also, the flailing doesn't match the precision of some of the other dodges in the game, it's like watching two different players at points - I'd think most people who are good enough to play God Mode, let alone reach Spiritual Larsa, would know how to reliably trivialize some of those attacks that we're seeing flail dodging at.

edit: deleted the unfair & immature personal attacks, run's still bullshit though
Last edited by BareKnuckleRoo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

@third_strike
You can't be serious about adding VixyNyan's score to the scoreboards??

This video screams FAIL all over the place. How can you even die in a TAS?
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
ebarrett

Post by ebarrett »

NTSC-J wrote:I think maybe the thought of a Betty posting a Spiritual Larsa clear is fogging your better judgement
To be honest, that sig is even more suspicious than the run.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Run could have been done with this controller. If you pause Futari in the middle of a run the pauses aren't recorded in the replay as far as I'm aware, so it wouldn't be too hard to flail through a difficult segment, pause when you've no-missed it, save that macro and record another segment, pause, and so on. Then eventually put it all together and record the run for the leaderboards.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Look at the mushi arrange run too, Aki especially.

Easy tap dodged attacks are flailed through(and bombed on), the surrounding attack where even superplayers get hit was hilariously perfected including the part with the sudden speedup and the bomb trick against the final was completely ignored.
Chirpy13

Post by Chirpy13 »

Last edited by Chirpy13 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Chirpy13 wrote:Cmon guys, this is no less real than any of Sikraiken's scores. I think she deserves the position!
Call me skeptical, but I have a hard time believing someone can improve in a year's time from getting hit by easy stuff to managing a Spiritual Larsa run. Possible? Yes. How likely is it? Not very.

But really, the thing that's causing suspicion is how there's a ton of bullshit lucky dodging in parts that are actually pretty easy to handle when you know how. I suck quite a bit and even I can see some unnecessary wtf dodging on patterns with obvious gaps they didn't use (and miraculously didn't get hit by). The Mushi Arrange vid has some pretty eyebrow-raising bits too, as pointed out.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Chirpy13 wrote:Cmon guys, this is no less real than any of Sikraiken's scores. I think she deserves the position!
If it's going to be a TAS, I at least demand something much more entertaining.
edit: Just noticed the video had invincibility in it, but points for making it look like silly god-dodging.
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

ban this sick filth
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

Shame of Sweden!
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Zeron wrote:Shame of Sweden!
she was awake until 7:30 AM or so then!
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

I was hoping for a Palm replay that I could try to take tips from when I try to go back to this game. I am disappointed.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Sorry, but I can't write this big text in English
Realmente eu não sei o que fazer ou que pensar sobre isso.
Eu poderia esperar trapassas no MaMe, mas no Xbox, não. Se alguém pode trapacear no XBOX, então é possível trapacear em qualquer plataforma.
A tecnologia é uma coisa relativamente nova pra mim. A primeira vez que eu usei um computador foi em 2001 e meu primeiro PC eu comprei em 2007.
Eu sei nada sobre programação, mas nesse lugar tem muita gente que sabe (já ouvi até pessoas falando sobre "quebrar" código do jogo pra saber como ele funciona ou aber como ele vai reagir em determinadas situações, isso é coisa muito doida pra mim), por exemplo eu nunca ouvi falar sobre esse controle que grava as jogadas como o usuário acima postou.
Eu realmente não sei o que pensar, por sorte nós não temos scores surpreendentemente altos ou um monte de mushihimesamas futari ultra all chegando a todo o momento na comunidade, mas...
E agora peço desculpas pelo o que eu vou falar, mas nós temos aqui anualmente um mês muito suspeito, que algumas vezes contraria tudo o que eu sei sobre shmups.