DoDonPachi Saidaioujou coming to Xbox 360 (REGION-FREE!)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
professor ganson

Re: DoDonPachi Saidaioujou coming to Xbox 360 (Spring 2013)

Post by professor ganson »

I'm glad to be able to try this game out, but I didn't care so much for the last installment in the series or its BL version. Not my thing. Hopefully they will change things up a bit.
Op Intensify

Post by Op Intensify »

professor ganson wrote:I'm glad to be able to try this game out, but I didn't care so much for the last installment in the series or its BL version. Not my thing. Hopefully they will change things up a bit.
There's no bullet canceling, brah. Rejoice.
MSZ

Post by MSZ »

Op Intensify

Post by Op Intensify »

So I guess an iOS port down the road is inevitable now? Not that I care.
Shin

Post by Shin »

Op Intensify wrote:
Second part seems legit, but just to make sure you're not honouring your bad habit of construing hearsay again, I believe you're referring to something G.Rev mentioned about it on Facebook?
I am, and as you saw, G-Rev said region free 360 games in Japan are now "strongly discouraged" (Japanese honor-speak for "you can't do it").
every capcom game but BayoCV+4 (disc) is region free. (1st example that came to mind, but I could give much more)

iOS port is obvious, yeah.

do you guys think they'll make a black label for the arcade(Nesica?) ?

so am I the only one thinking dangun/esprade/galuda1 will be VN/random new game types bonus material like DDP was for Instant Brain ? (it's kinda inplied in cave-stg news)

Trailer on youtube> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfWXtACGy1g
KAI

Post by KAI »

むずかしい, むずかしい.
Asada doesn't play shmups, right?
ChainsawGuitarSP

Post by ChainsawGuitarSP »

I only have one wish for this port and that is for the slowdown to be OPTIONAL. I also hope Type-D is an original shot type and not just recycled from one of their other games, but that's not such a biggie.
Innovations in Recreational Electronic Media
Op Intensify

Post by Op Intensify »

I think the most imperative thing is for them to fix the game-breaking score bug.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

If they do, they need to make it optional. Otherwise you end up with a Pink Sweets situation...
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

trap15 wrote:I don't really like it because it's extremely generic and it all sounds basically the same (with the exception of the TLB theme, which is probably the only song I can actually say I like).
As I said on another post the soundtrack isn't quite bad but Namiki has simply go down too much making a soundtrack with so little work from his part... if it were from another composer I would condone it but I seriously hoped for something more developed and complex from Manabu Namiki.

That said... it seems I'm the only one who appreciates the 3rd stage song in this forum... I'll recognize that it doesn't suit much people's tastes but I'd ask you to pay more attention to the long and steady crescendo of the song and the care Namiki puts on the rythim rather than the melody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb41shIeDCA

But, even if the soundtrack is decent, I demand from Manabu Namiki a sooundtrack in which he shows all of the talent of the Espgaluda II soundtrack and the DFK and DFK BL ones.

PD: Why did you had to die Umemoto!?
Last edited by O. Van Bruce on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

The game has credits? I guess the console aspects arent there yet as I didn't see an OPTIONS item on the title screen.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
bcass

Post by bcass »

O. Van Bruce wrote:That said... it seems I'm the only one who appreciates the 3rd stage song in this forum...
I love that track too. Easily the best on the OST.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

emphatic wrote:The game has credits? I guess the console aspects arent there yet as I didn't see an OPTIONS item on the title screen.
I noticed this too. I also noticed a lack of slowdown in the first boss entrance which appeared in PCB footage.
mdsfx

Post by mdsfx »

Oh my goodness.
It's never too early. Let RSG know you want it!: http://www.risingstargames.com/forum/vi ... 9&t=164065
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

O. Van Bruce wrote:That said... it seems I'm the only one who appreciates the 3rd stage song in this forum... I'll recognize that it doesn't suit much people's tastes but I'd ask you to pay more attention to the long and steady crescendo of the song and the care Namiki puts on the rythim rather than the melody.
Listened to it again and it actually is a nice song by itself but I feel as if it doesn't belong in a manic shooter like SDOJ, especially after we've been graced by the amazing DFKBL soundtrack.
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
ciox

Post by ciox »

That song sounds great to me, fits no-missing a stage perfectly, I assume you didn't like say, the st4 music in Futari either?
MSZ

Post by MSZ »

O. Van Bruce wrote:
trap15 wrote:I don't really like it because it's extremely generic and it all sounds basically the same (with the exception of the TLB theme, which is probably the only song I can actually say I like).
As I said on another post the soundtrack isn't quite bad but Namiki has simply go down too much making a soundtrack with so little work from his part... if it were from another composer I would condone it but I seriously hoped for something more developed and complex from Manabu Namiki.

That said... it seems I'm the only one who appreciates the 3rd stage song in this forum... I'll recognize that it doesn't suit much people's tastes but I'd ask you to pay more attention to the long and steady crescendo of the song and the care Namiki puts on the rythim rather than the melody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb41shIeDCA

But, even if the soundtrack is decent, I demand from Manabu Namiki a sooundtrack in which he shows all of the talent of the Espgaluda II soundtrack and the DFK and DFK BL ones.

PD: Why did you had to die Umemoto!?
I think SDOJ is Namiki's best work since ESPGaluda II. Considering how little he did in both DFK/DFKBL.(He did stage 1/5 in those games, thats it. Not even the boss themes)

BTW, I like stage 3's theme too.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

ciox wrote:That song sounds great to me, fits no-missing a stage perfectly, I assume you didn't like say, the st4 music in Futari either?
I enjoyed Futari's Stage 4 music. SDOJ's stage 3 track just sounds like something I could listen to and zone out.
MSZ wrote:I think SDOJ is Namiki's best work since ESPGaluda II. Considering how little he did in both DFK/DFKBL.(He did stage 1/5 in those games, thats it. Not even the boss themes
News to me. I guess I give Namiki too much credit. :lol:
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
hoopy

Post by hoopy »

I'm really enjoying Akai Katana & Dodonpachi Resurrection at the moment, but it's nice to know another quality Cave shooter will hopefully be hitting the shelves next year, just in time to feed my shmup addiction. :wink:

I would've been surprised if DoDonPachi Saidaioujou didn't get a port, as they've already got the tools to do it. What does surprise me is Cave not porting their games to the PS3, as it's a more popular console in Japan.

I just hope Rising Star picks this one up for a retail release, as they've done an excellent job so far.
Nothing beats cracking the seal on a new Cave shooter, with full colour manual and a bonus disc or two. :wink:
Why can't all companies put as much love into their releases. :x
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

The reason Cave doesn't port to PS3 is because the shmup niche crowd is on 360 in Japan, also the fact that Sony is uptight about having ports of games that don't fill the screen entirely for some reason (thus why Under Defeat HD has the New Order mode and Mamoru-Kun on PS3 is a complete widescreen vertizontal game).
bcass

Post by bcass »

In addition to that, the tools they use for 360 development (originally developed by M2 I believe) don't exist for the PS3. No doubt other 2D tools do exist, but it would still mean a substantial rewrite when making the PS3 versions.
Op Intensify

Post by Op Intensify »

also the fact that Sony is uptight about having ports of games that don't fill the screen entirely for some reason
My guess is it has to do with Sony being afraid to tarnish the perceived value of Blu-ray and the system's HD capabilities.
mdsfx

Post by mdsfx »

360 Announcement video (slightly better quality than above):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... wjAi027Zno
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

lolAsada
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
Esupanitix

Post by Esupanitix »

And now let's see them keep Mushihimesama Futari and Espgaluda II the only two region free games on the 360. :V
[05:13] <vcz> MaZe really wants to be here to argue but can't, so he desperately F5's the logs and pretends he's arguing with us as he yells at his monitor.
YouTube Channel, mainly Cave shmups and 2hu if I start caring again. | Strm | Streamer list
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Esupanitix wrote:And now let's see them keep Mushihimesama Futari and Espgaluda II the only two region free games on the 360. :V
Wat? Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets' like to have a word. Unless you mean other than CAVE games, because there's plenty.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Esupanitix

Post by Esupanitix »

emphatic wrote:
Esupanitix wrote:And now let's see them keep Mushihimesama Futari and Espgaluda II the only two region free games on the 360. :V
Wat? Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets' like to have a word. Unless you mean other than CAVE games, because there's plenty.
Yeah, my mistake, I meant other Cave games. I know there are others that are region-free, I meant Cave shmups.
[05:13] <vcz> MaZe really wants to be here to argue but can't, so he desperately F5's the logs and pretends he's arguing with us as he yells at his monitor.
YouTube Channel, mainly Cave shmups and 2hu if I start caring again. | Strm | Streamer list
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

If they region-lock it, it would be a very good indication that the SDOJ port has been licensed.
:lol:
mdsfx

Post by mdsfx »

Cuilan wrote:
If they region-lock it, it would be a very good indication that the SDOJ port has been licensed.
Seems to me that's wishful thinking (i'm optimistic too). I'm guessing it would be region-locked regardless.