Radirgy Noa Massive Windows Port?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
M.Knight

Re: Radirgy Noa Massive Windows Port?

Post by M.Knight »

KAI wrote:Haven't played the 360 port, but this looks like massive with less modes and options
Spoiler
spray wrote:Can you share any details regarding hardware, driver versions, etc?
Win XP sp3 (jap system locale), Dual core processor, Radeon HD 4600 series GPU, fully updated DirectX stuff (Visual C++, Net Frameworks and all that shit).
Thanks KAI! I see it only has the modes that are also there in the Wii version. That means Classic, Death and Massive are absent and still exclusive to the X360. I hoped that version would have been a way to play those modes on PC.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

Worked right after setup for me. I use Win7 Professional 64bit, Intel i5-3570K, Geforce GTX770 and latest drivers for most stuff.
The only problem I came across was that I had to go to Nvidia settings and change monitor from 144hz to 60hz otherwise the game runs at x10 speed.
clippa

Post by clippa »

Same for me, had to cap the framerate of the game to 60 with dxtory to stop it running at sillyspeed.
Other than that, it's working perfectly so far. Thanks spray!
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Gave it another try and also managed to make it work!
It seems to be a mix between the Wii and the 360 versions : it only has the Wii modes, but the ranking menu and the in-game graphics in general are those of the 360 version.
I kinda prefer the Wii ones because all the enemies look much less colorful and bright here than in their original Radirgy and Radirgy Noa Wii incarnations.

You can see the difference between the two :
Radirgy Noa Wii : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwTfBhxVjns
Radirgy Noa Massive : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTB1ozRi9As

The backgrounds, enemies and the player mechs in this PC version are as dark as in the second video.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

I recently bought this and getting it installed on Windows 10 was a *pain*, but it works perfectly once you do. Sorry for the bump, but figured it'd be useful to document how to actually get it installed.
  • Make sure you have LocaleEmulator installed.
  • Copy the installer off the CD onto your hard drive into a temporary folder. Something in Windows 10 broke running it straight off the CD.
  • Right-click the installer and run it in Japanese mode.
  • When it quits, it'll have dumped a million files into the temp directory. Right-click the "install.exe" file and run it in Japanese mode.
After that it should work fine. The game itself doesn't need to run in Locale Emulator, but it helps if you want the title bar to read correctly.