Redux (DUX 2) (DC/iOS/Steam), Trailer up - PC Demo out

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
eatdogs

Re: Redux (DUX 2) (DC/iOS/Steam), Trailer up - PC Demo out

Post by eatdogs »

Well...after all my whining the game actually came in today. Since the reviews you've all given haven't been that great, I'm trying to not get myself hyped up too much. I just hope the gameplay is good. I liked Dux's gameplay.
eatdogs

Post by eatdogs »

Well I finally got to play it for a bit tonight. It's not terrible by any means. It's pretty much a copy of dux1.5. The fuzziness didn't bother me too much. After a while I stopped noticing it.

This all just makes me more excited for ghost blade and neo xyx. I guess if I had to pick a game from all these new dreamcast shmups I'd pick them in this order from least to greatest:

Last hope
Re:dux
Dux 1.5
Fast striker
Gun Lord
Sturmwind

I really hope these last two new ones will be awesome. Ghost blade looks like a Dodonpachi type shooter. Neo looks like an awesome missing Toaplan game.
Genesis Knight

Post by Genesis Knight »

Anyone in the USA still waiting to get screwed, uh, I mean still waiting on the Steelbook version?
bidinou

Post by bidinou »

I received the LE version 10 days ago or so (in France). I had none of the Dux series so I'm not that frustrated. I bought the first Dux at the same time. I'm pretty sad of the gfx regression, it could have been the definitive Dux version otherwise (nice gameplay, gfx, an easy and a difficult mode, a new level, new music...). I really hope Hucast can forget this whole embarrassing story and focus on Ghost Blade !
Meharis

Post by Meharis »

I received the LE version 10 days ago or so (in France). I had none of the Dux series so I'm not that frustrated. I bought the first Dux at the same time. I'm pretty sad of the gfx regression, it could have been the definitive Dux version otherwise (nice gameplay, gfx, an easy and a difficult mode, a new level, new music...)
i don`t get it either, why everyone is so upset with this release :roll: besides the fuzzy gfx (to which you get used to after playing a bit...) the game has nice gameplay. it has a normal and veteran mode selection and the veteran mode plays totally different and the the ost is fantastic. bought the flac version of it on bandcamp on saturday and it sounds outstanding.

not the greatest game out there but still pretty decent imho 8)
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Got mine today. Shipped in a padded mailer and the tin case is dented all to hell along with the soundtrack's case cracked and broken as well.

Anyone have an email address that I can contact them at? Or anyone have a scan of the non tin case's insert?
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

They didn't use a cardboard box at least? O_o
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Nope... pretty pissed about it.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Meharis

Post by Meharis »

I am sorry for you guys, that your cases are broken but i don`t think they will send replacement cases from germany to the us. my copy was sent out in a bubble case so i don`t know what went wrong there.

I contacted them via this :
shop@ngdevteam.com
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

I regret going for the steel book case now...wish I'd just gone for the standard edition...At least you get a decent case and art work.I should be grateful it arrived in good condition.I'm sorry for you guys with dented and cracked cases,it just adds insult to injury!
"Just fire and forget" 1cc List
DQuick

Post by DQuick »

I bought the ost and the norml redux with 1.5 and it was packed nicely in bubblewrap and a box posted to Australia. Maybe they figure the tin case is impervious to damage...
Meharis

Post by Meharis »

I regret going for the steel book case now...wish I'd just gone for the standard edition...At least you get a decent case and art work
isn`t that the reason to buy the ce instead of the re ?
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

I went for the steel bookcase ed,as it was ltd ed.generally the packaging is more fancy and a few extras thrown in,soundtrack is all good but the steel bookcase is crap.it's generic with a bland sticker on it,poor inside design that dosn't hold the disks properly...It's the worst LE of anything I've ever bought.I did enjoy the game though,short though it was.
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

wait, so inside the steelcase there are are no proper CD jewelcases? :shock:
Meharis

Post by Meharis »

:shock: ah ok... a steelcase with a sticker on it pretty much sucks. i thought the artwork was printed on it like the steelcase versions of triple A titles or blueray movies .
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Protip: Buy your games from a re-seller that knows how to package games.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

Kollision wrote:wait, so inside the steelcase there are are no proper CD jewelcases? :shock:

Nope! Just disks that don't fit properly (well one anyway) :?
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

Meharis wrote::shock: ah ok... a steelcase with a sticker on it pretty much sucks. i thought the artwork was printed on it like the steelcase versions of triple A titles or blueray movies .
I saw a picture of the steel bookcase when it was newly advertised and thought it might be an early work in progress kind of thing,but no.I wouldn't have minded if the case was embossed or something,but just a sticker? They obviously didn't have the money for anything that fancy but this ltd ed cost me about £90! I'm pretty jealous of the nice jewel case and soundtrack set that some people got,mine didn't even come with the flyers advertising ghost blade or the sticker...
Meharis

Post by Meharis »

hmmm... i posted the mail adress of the hucast shop earlier. i`d email them and tell them that u r disappointed. maybe they will do something good for you, at least send the sticker and the flyer...
i had contact with hucast because i was asking why my copy of redux hasn`t been sent yet and they almost replied directly and said that is because i preorderd ghostblade as well and they would normaly send them alltoghether but offered to dend it free of p&p if i would like to have redux earlier... so to me they seem to be pretty cool guys...
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

Meharis wrote:i preorderd ghostblade as well and they would normaly send them alltoghether
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Can any of you that have the limited or regular edition that came in a standard did case provide me with a high quality scan?
Meharis

Post by Meharis »

Can any of you that have the limited or regular edition that came in a standard did case provide me with a high quality scan?
cover or flyers ?
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

Meharis wrote:hmmm... i posted the mail adress of the hucast shop earlier. i`d email them and tell them that u r disappointed. maybe they will do something good for you, at least send the sticker and the flyer...
i had contact with hucast because i was asking why my copy of redux hasn`t been sent yet and they almost replied directly and said that is because i preorderd ghostblade as well and they would normaly send them alltoghether but offered to dend it free of p&p if i would like to have redux earlier... so to me they seem to be pretty cool guys...

Unfortunately,I didn't buy direct from hucast,so I'll just have to take it on the chin this time! For all the moaning about the game resolution,It didn't bother me that much and like I said,I did enjoy the game.
Meharis

Post by Meharis »

you sir, have mail :wink:
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

me too please! I was lucky enough to only have a small dent, but I would very much prefer a standard packaging to this "effort-free" LE packaging....
Meharis

Post by Meharis »

me too please! I was lucky enough to only have a small dent, but I would very much prefer a standard packaging to this "effort-free" LE packaging....
sent you a pm as well :wink:
DQuick

Post by DQuick »

Meharis wrote:i had contact with hucast because i was asking why my copy of redux hasn`t been sent yet and they almost replied directly and said that is because i preorderd ghostblade as well and they would normaly send them alltoghether but offered to dend it free of p&p if i would like to have redux earlier... so to me they seem to be pretty cool guys...
You got lucky. I decided to grab Dux when I pre-ordered Redux as I never got the original. I sent a message asking that Dux be sent separately and offering to pay any additional postage. After a few attempts to get that to happen and no response at all I gave up. Admittedly that was ages ago now, so maybe their customer service has improved :roll:

They did email me to tell me they had posted redux after I had already received it, so that's something.
Meharis

Post by Meharis »

They did email me to tell me they had posted redux after I had already received it, so that's something.
:P
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

redux landed untracked
I'm sad for the poor steelcase, but I guess I can say I'm half lucky because the 4-CD OST set wasn't harmed on its way down here. Two discs were loose inside the case but there were no cracks.
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

I can't believe how shitty and cheap those steel cases look, dents only add to the flavor :lol:

Thank God I ordered the regular version .