Incoming Cave Games on Demand deluge

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
bcass

Re: Incoming Cave Games on Demand deluge

Post by bcass »

I've been using wideVPN for the last 12 months or so, without a single problem. Your problems probably stem from your setup/configuration/using a mac.
Thjodbjorn

Post by Thjodbjorn »

Haha, wouldn't surprise me. It doesn't help that I haven't rec'd any help on their end. :/

Too bad my PC isn't wireless...
bcass

Post by bcass »

To be fair, I could never get it working via my main PC either, using it as a bridge. The only way I could get it working was via my wireless laptop as the process seemed less convoluted.
bcass

Post by bcass »

For anyone interested, it seems you can buy ESPGALUDA II using a linked PayPal a/c. Wouldn't work on Deathsmiles or Futari but works fine for this.
Thjodbjorn

Post by Thjodbjorn »

After trading some e-mails (there seems to be a small language barrier), I have been set up with a proper Japanese VPN. Now to Download some games.

So kudos to WideVPN!

Edit: I would appreciate some help here... I can set up and connect to the VPN with my MacBook. I have an ethernet cable attached from my 360 to my MB. But I cannot seem to connect to the network through my 360.

Could someone tell me how to configure the ethernet settings on Snow Leopard? I would greatly appreciate any help.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Thjodbjorn

Post by Thjodbjorn »

I probably wasn't clear. I can connect to the VPN on my MacBook. That took a bit, as those instructions are based on an older version of OSX.

My problem now is setting up the Ethernet connection between my MacBook and the 360. All of the directions I can find for setting up that LAN are for the PC, and you'd think that I'd be able to use the general info from that to set it up, but the 360 isn't connecting. That's where baby is messing up now. :)

Thank you, though.
deexor

Post by deexor »

Enable Internet Sharing: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html ... /8156.html

Then, your Mac and 360 need to be in the same network, and you need to configure the 360 to use the Mac as the router. You can probably apply the existing guides for this by now.
GAME OVER
Thjodbjorn

Post by Thjodbjorn »

Ah! Thanks a ton! I will try that this evening. :D
bcass

Post by bcass »

Make sure you have your 360 IP and DNS settings set to Automatic too. You won't lose your Manual settings when you need to change back after using the VPN, they'll automatically reappear when you set it back to Manual.
Thjodbjorn

Post by Thjodbjorn »

That part was drilled into me during all of my reading over the PC guides. ;)

I always use the auto settings anyhow, so at least that's one less thing for me to misunderstand.

EDIT: ESCHATOS GET!!!

Thanks bcass, and deexor for helping me get this all sorted out.

And if I can manage this, it's something anyone can do. :D
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

So what's with this? Absolutely nothing in April? I thought they were releasing these once a month.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Elixir wrote:So what's with this? Absolutely nothing in April? I thought they were releasing these once a month.
I thought you mean this month as well, since there's nothing on demand for another Cave title, at least they still have their sale...
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
bcass

Post by bcass »

Bumping this thread as I have sold my remaining physical Cave X360 games and will download them via VPN from the Japanese store. Before I go rummaging through my loft to find my old laptop that has everything setup for this, does anyone know if the following titles are IP-locked?

Akai Katana
DoDonpachi SaiDaiOuJou
Muchi Muchi Pork!/Pink Sweets
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

This thread seems to include information on games on demand titles that are region locked. If I'm reading it right, MMP and SDOJ are not IP locked. It doesn't include any information about the JP version of Akai Katana, but the NA version is available to download. Hopefully this list isn't outdated.
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score
bcass

Post by bcass »

Thanks for the info. I just checked the UK and US stores, and Akai Katana is no longer available as a download from either. It's still on the Japanese store though.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Also, anyone have any tips on how to find the shmup section on the Japanese store front (using an actual 360)?
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

bcass wrote:Thanks for the info. I just checked the UK and US stores, and Akai Katana is no longer available as a download from either. It's still on the Japanese store though.
Aww, that's a shame. How does this work vis a vis credit cards, btw? Does the JP store care what kind of card you're using?
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score
bcass

Post by bcass »

Don't use a credit card, just buy Japanese Xbox Live Points cards.
bcass

Post by bcass »

OK, I managed to purchase Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets, DodonPachi Saidaioujou and Akai Katana from my Japanese account via the 360. Non of them are IP locked thank God, meaning I don't have to faff about with VPN and a laptop acting as a server. I also discovered a neat trick to easily locate them on the Japanese store. First, sign-in to your non-JPN account, then navigate to the Shooters section in the store. Press the guide button then X to sign-out. Then sign back in to your JPN account. You will then be taken directly to the shooters section of the JPN store.
Sir Ilpalazzo

Post by Sir Ilpalazzo »

From which website did you buy Japanese XBLA cards from? I have doubts about the ones listed in the NTSC-J Xbox thread based on some posts in there and can't find any on my own that look wholly trustworthy.
bcass

Post by bcass »

https://cardscodes.com/index.html?prod_ ... &search=ok

They sent the codes within about 30 mins.
Sir Ilpalazzo

Post by Sir Ilpalazzo »

Hmm, I bought a code from them (the 5000 yen code, for the record), and though I received it within twenty minutes, it was invalid, so I'm not sure they're legitimate.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Were you signed-in to you JPN account? If yes, then contact them about it. I bought three different codes (1 x 5,000 and 2 x 2,000) and all three worked.
Sir Ilpalazzo

Post by Sir Ilpalazzo »

Yeah, I'll ask them before trying to force a refund through Paypal or something, I suppose. I'm definitely signed into my Japanese account, and it is a proper Japanese account (it can access the Japanese Games on Demand segment) - the code is just flagged as "not valid" after I've entered it. Annoying.

EDIT: In case this helps anyone, for some reason the code was treated as invalid when entered on my 360 but was accepted when input through my PC, so it helps to do some of the process on PC instead. Can vouch for cardscode as valid in this case.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

I can vouch for that cardscodes site being legit. Just bought 1 2000 jpy and 1 1000 jpy code. Redeemed on xbox site.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Sir Ilpalazzo wrote:EDIT: In case this helps anyone, for some reason the code was treated as invalid when entered on my 360 but was accepted when input through my PC, so it helps to do some of the process on PC instead. Can vouch for cardscode as valid in this case.
Glad you got it sorted. I forgot to mention that's how I redeemed my codes too. I wonder if there is an IP check on the console when redeeming codes? I noticed that once you redeem the codes, you can't buy the games on the website, you have to buy them on the console.

On a slightly different note, does anyone know if the IP checks are still in place for IP-locked games if you buy them, download them (via VPN), delete them, then re-download them?

I wish Microsoft would pull their finger out and get these Cave titles working on the Xbox One/Series S/X. The process requires no extra work from the publisher / developer, so it's not like it would cost Cave anything.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Cave or the publisher in question have to give the OK. It would appear Cave hasn't been inclined to do so, for whatever esoteric reason they may have, and at this point some of the titles may have fallen into licensing hell due to not being Cave-published. So this probably isn't on Microsoft.