Incoming Cave Games on Demand deluge

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
bcass

Re: Incoming Cave Games on Demand deluge

Post by bcass »

Elixir wrote:Pretty sure it's during the encounter with Sakura, and meeting with Jitterbug.
Yep, those are the sections, I just checked now. Were these voices originally in the arcade version and they made them DLC only for the port or were they made exclusively for the 360 release?
foxyg wrote:Can you buy from Japanese market and still associate the game to your US gamer profile?
You can play any Japanese game using any region profile.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

bcass wrote:
Elixir wrote:Pretty sure it's during the encounter with Sakura, and meeting with Jitterbug.
Yep, those are the sections, I just checked now. Were these voices originally in the arcade version and they made them DLC only for the port or were they made exclusively for the 360 release?
foxyg wrote:Can you buy from Japanese market and still associate the game to your US gamer profile?
You can play any Japanese game using any region profile.
Their not in the arcade version at all, and for no aparently reason (unless its extra licensing costs) aren't in the na/pal releases at all either. I don't see the point of them recording new voices, and then making them preorder only dlc.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

bcass wrote:
It's pretty much just an exclusive for 360. Can you send me those details? I'll do it now.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

When I asked about the size of the download, I meant the size of the entire game (GoD), not the size of the full voice pack. ^^;

And yes, voices are only added to the Sakura encounter, the pre-final stage fireside chat, the Jitterbug encounters, and the endings. I thought it was a pretty neat extra, though it's pretty silly during the first Jitterbug encounter where you have both the original screams overlaid with the new voice work on top of it.

On MBL - maybe the presence of the voice pack is messing it up?
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

As of January 2011, these are the sizes of installed 360 shmups, from smallest to largest (under construction):

Raiden IV: 377 MB
Raiden Fighters Aces: 477 MB
ESPGaluda II: 657 MB
Ketsui Kizunajigokutachi Extra: 846 MB
Mushihimesama Futari: 815 MB
DeathSmiles II X: 1200 MB
Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta: 1390 MB
Shikigami no Shiro III: 1400 MB
Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label Extra: 2300 MB
Shooting Love 200X: 3000 MB
DeathSmiles: 2000 MB
Otomedius G: 3300 MB
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu: 750MB

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 01&start=0

Deathsmiles is 3.1GB with MBL, MBL Arrange and the Full Voice pack.

Thanks bcass, I'm grabbing Futari and RFA. Maybe Shooting Love 200X too.

People on 2ch have been speculating that, because the DFK Platinum release is next month, it will be simultaneous with the GoD release. But, at least so far, the games released have been in order, which means Galuda II should be next.
Last edited by Elixir on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
bcass

Post by bcass »

StarCreator wrote:When I asked about the size of the download, I meant the size of the entire game (GoD), not the size of the full voice pack. ^^;
The GoD file size is 2GB (just the game, not including any DLC, as per Elixir's post above). It's one of the larger Cave installs as this is the only (Cave developed) release that has lossless music.
StarCreator wrote:On MBL - maybe the presence of the voice pack is messing it up?
I got it working again now but I had to redownload my previously purchased MBL DLC.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Elixir wrote:People on 2ch have been speculating that, because the DFK Platinum release is next month, it will be simultaneous with the GoD release. But, at least so far, the games released have been in order, which means Galuda II should be next.
Has Deathsmiles IIX been released on the Japanese GoD yet? If not, then the release schedule will probably look something like this (assuming one game per month):

Jan: Deathsmiles
Feb: Mushihimesama Futari ver 1.5
Mar: Espgaluda 2 Black Label
Apr: Deathsmiles IIX
May: Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu ver 1.5
Jun: Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label
Jul: Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets
Aug: Akai Katana Shin

MMP and AKS weren't big sellers were they? So maybe they won't see Platinum releases? I'm pretty certain that Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label won't get a Platinum release. The Platinum release of Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu ver 1.5 has been confirmed for May hasn't it, so maybe that will coincide with the GoD release as well.

If the 360 really is dead at retail in Japan now, then I can't see why they'd drag their heels and not release one game per month.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

II X isn't on the JP store.

DFK Platinum is scheduled for March 8th, hence my comment about simultaneous speculation. They all seem to linger around the same date, Futari was Feb 7th, Deathsmiles was Jan 10th.

StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I don't suppose if anyone knows if this is stuff is available on the Taiwan marketplace as well?
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Deathsmiles Pal is only 1.4gb to install.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Estebang

Post by Estebang »

Not Cave, but Eschatos is amazingly small to install, something like 90 MB.
FMK

Post by FMK »

Espgaluda II cover already present in the "New Releases" section of the japanese marketplace. Cannot be downloaded yet, though.
HEY POOR PLAYER!
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Can games downloaded via Games on Demand be played offline (as in you download the game like a standard XBLA game) or are you forced to play them signed in and with an internet connection? I'm guessing you need an internet connection, which sort of makes it silly in that you basically can't play a game you bought online if you're playing your XBox and the internet's down.
FMK

Post by FMK »

Yes, you can play them offline!
HEY POOR PLAYER!
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

And yet no one has an answer yet if Mushi-Futari can be played by using a VPN, and yes bcass, I know I already answered this in another thread.

Also wondering if this will be the same (most likely), on ESP-2.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
FMK

Post by FMK »

What you mean by "playing using a VPN"? I downloaded it from the HK store using a VPN and play just like any other on demand game.
HEY POOR PLAYER!
bcass

Post by bcass »

Yep, you don't need a VPN to play the IP locked games, you just need a VPN to download them. It's a one-off task per game.
Thjodbjorn

Post by Thjodbjorn »

I bought a month's access at widevpn, but seem to be unable to connect to any of the Jp IPs they supply.

I'm using OSX Snow Leopard, and followed the directions as best I could, if anyone has any ideas...
FMK

Post by FMK »

Seems Espgaluda 2 is now ready to be purchased in the Japanese Marketplace, but not yet in the HK.
HEY POOR PLAYER!
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Do these GOD versions come with the pre-order DLC included? If so I might get MMP & PS if I can for my PAL 360
maxmultiplier

Post by maxmultiplier »

FMK wrote:Seems Espgaluda 2 is now ready to be purchased in the Japanese Marketplace, but not yet in the HK.

It's not showing up for me on xbox.com.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/ja-JP/Produ ... 02435a07d8

Is it on the Dashboard?
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:Do these GOD versions come with the pre-order DLC included? If so I might get MMP & PS if I can for my PAL 360
No.
nZero

Post by nZero »

StarCreator wrote:
TrevHead (TVR) wrote:Do these GOD versions come with the pre-order DLC included? If so I might get MMP & PS if I can for my PAL 360
No.
Of course, if you want to buy an unused DLC code from someone who actually did pre-order the original disc release, you can still use that code with the GOD version.
bcass

Post by bcass »

FMK wrote:Seems Espgaluda 2 is now ready to be purchased in the Japanese Marketplace, but not yet in the HK.
It's not available yet. It's just a placeholder in the New Releases section at the moment, which has been there since last week. It'll probably become available for sale at some point this week on both JPN and Asian Marketplaces.
maxmultiplier

Post by maxmultiplier »

ESPGALUDA2 = IP Locked
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

maxmultiplier wrote:ESPGALUDA2 = IP Locked
Bloody hell.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Yep, both versions (JPN & Asian) are IP locked. I can only imagine they've done this to the last two releases because they intend to release them outside Japan/Asia. Maybe RSG will be handling the GoD releases of those titles?
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

OK, I'm totally clueless about this....I can use a VPN to download IP blocked games? There's a number of games I'd like to download off of the GOD from Japan, but never can.

Can someone either PM me, or give me a link to a "HOW TO USE A VPN"? Also, I'd appreciate recommending a good VPN.
FMK

Post by FMK »

evil_ash_xero wrote:OK, I'm totally clueless about this....I can use a VPN to download IP blocked games? There's a number of games I'd like to download off of the GOD from Japan, but never can.

Can someone either PM me, or give me a link to a "HOW TO USE A VPN"? Also, I'd appreciate recommending a good VPN.
I'm downloading Espgaluda 2 right now from the HK store using wePN, a free HK VPN. I posted a guide in the previous page on how to use it without the need of 2 lan cards, using a VM.

Also in the previous page, there's a guide on using widevpn (wich includes japanese IPs) with a notebook as a bridge, if I'm not mistaken.
HEY POOR PLAYER!
Thjodbjorn

Post by Thjodbjorn »

I'm still unable to connect to WideVPN, and haven't heard back from them yet... I'd be wary of them.