∀kashicverse -Malicious Wake

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

I've just got a glympse of a shmup that will be released supossedly on this comiket that reminds me a lot Hellsinker (and Radiozonde too)... even in it's Music @_@

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMl9rImTWIo
Observer

Re: ∀kashicverse -Malicious Wake

Post by Observer »

Nope, it's a trial so far. I asked the author and all. By April they are planning to release another web trial.

The Alternative Arguments version floating around is a much much harder and crazier version of the regular game.

Personally, I loved how the developer took the commentary of increasing the size of the bosses and offering a much clearer way of explaining the mechanics. There is an extensive tutorial that lets you practice all the moves.

That video is old, the latest version plays much better and showcases the brutal omake boss:

http://youtu.be/NL0iDSG0dtE

The Alternative Arguments version, aka, the "on LSD/crystal meth" version:
http://youtu.be/GYr1M9kHCVw

Totally Hellsinker/Radio Zonde tribute. And I love it because of that. I really like how the spherical enemies on stage two fire at the pace of the sounds. Or how the background gets all "dude, look at those colours". Now, triggering special moves is tricky and, with that much action, can get truly convulsed (sp?) and chaotic.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
O. Van Bruce

Post by O. Van Bruce »

It seems they'll be releasing a trial on the comiket... will it be the same as the first video you showed me?
Observer

Post by Observer »

O. Van Bruce wrote:It seems they'll be releasing a trial on the comiket... will it be the same as the first video you showed me?
Apparently, they were working on adding a proper Stage 3. Alternative Arguments version has a stage 3 but I think it's incomplete. The bosses are both the Omake and the stage 1 mid-boss fighting you at once. It's merciless.

I would wait for the free web trial because they seem to add and polish things much more than the Comiket trials, which feel a bit rushed. But I'm really looking forward to see what these guys are adding. The artist keeps showing up sprites and stuff.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
O. Van Bruce

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Observer wrote:
O. Van Bruce wrote:It seems they'll be releasing a trial on the comiket... will it be the same as the first video you showed me?
Apparently, they were working on adding a proper Stage 3. Alternative Arguments version has a stage 3 but I think it's incomplete. The bosses are both the Omake and the stage 1 mid-boss fighting you at once. It's merciless.

I would wait for the free web trial because they seem to add and polish things much more than the Comiket trials, which feel a bit rushed. But I'm really looking forward to see what these guys are adding. The artist keeps showing up sprites and stuff.
Where can I keep following the development of this shmup? (sorry to ask too much thinks, but i'm pretty bad for lurking japanese things).
Observer

Post by Observer »

O. Van Bruce wrote:
Observer wrote:

Where can I keep following the development of this shmup? (sorry to ask too much thinks, but i'm pretty bad for lurking japanese things).
This is the site. The blog brings most of the updates.

http://endless-shirafu.yourenge.com/

The devs are LuCK and Nicolai. Or at least those are the two who post in the blog. Nicolai is the guy doing all the sprite work. You can see more in their other game, a VN, called Alone. His art is very Hellsinkerish. So, if Ranyon (the creator of Hellsinker) is now making RPGs I don't mind these guys taking the lead and continuing the awesomeness, heh.
Last edited by Observer on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
O. Van Bruce

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Observer wrote:
O. Van Bruce wrote:
Observer wrote: Apparently, they were working on adding a proper Stage 3. Alternative Arguments version has a stage 3 but I think it's incomplete. The bosses are both the Omake and the stage 1 mid-boss fighting you at once. It's merciless.

This is the site. The blog brings most of the updates.

http://endless-shirafu.yourenge.com/

The devs are LuCK and Nicolai. Or at leas those are the two who post in the blog. Nicolai is the guy doing all the sprite work. You can see more in their other game, a VN, called Alone. His art is very Hellsinkerish. So, if Ranyon (the creator of Hellsinker) is now making RPGs I don't mind these guys taking the lead and continuing the awesomeness, heh.
Ooops... Sorry then... and thank you Observer-sama...
ShmupSamurai

Post by ShmupSamurai »

Considering how much I enjoyed Radio Zonde, this will DEFINATELY be something I''m keeping my eye on... 8)

Alternate Arguements looks ludicrisously brutal too. :lol:
Use Shumpman's advice!

"USE A BOMB!"
cuttingagent

Post by cuttingagent »

The new web trail got put up a week ago. :mrgreen:
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

I like how they changed the stage 3 boss in this web trial. Much like with the stage 1 boss in older trials, in the C81 trial, the stage 3 boss was just a plain loli that wasn't very interesting; in the current web trial, it's a loli that pilots a big ship that haunts you on its own throughout the stage. The other neat addition to this trial is that you, as a player, can pilot a really big ship as well. :lol:

I really hope that they figure out how to get the music to loop seamlessly.

http://endless-shirafu.com/akashicverse ... e_web.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie-E0ycrs9Q
Observer

Post by Observer »

It seems they've been adding a lot of stuff because the games feels a bit less optimised in this version than the previous. Had some noticeable framerate drops here and there when recording so I ended up not recording my run on Stage 3 because it simply desyncs and that sucks when half the events on screen are synchronised to the music!

Yeah, it's like time and time again they heard my complaints (and probably from others) that the bosses were so small it was very hard to fire at them. Noticed how they drastically took action on that? I love these guys and the way the game is shaping up.

I noticed it has 5 stages but the screen space is so big... They definitely have to add more stages and Extras, at least two and we got ourselevs the spiritual successor of Hellsinker. Also, I'm glad there is no filler and such, it's in the FAQ ("WTF is this game about", the answer is "please wait" or something along those lines) so my impression is that it might be explained on a doujin book or something, pretty much like what RebRank and Siter Skain did, which is good, the guys did a VN previously so the storyline might be quite solid (or very on-acid!).

The requirements to get the Omake boss have been tightened too: rate no only has to ver over 200 but you also have to pretty much speed-kill the boss to get it so that's where the Eliminator Method comes into play. Pwn spidey like a boss!

I like how both stage 2 and 3 bosses have some shots that stop-and-go following the music. Pretty neat and crazy.
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

I remember in the C80 trial, under Channeling/Stage Select, there was an "...And More?" entry that didn't do anything. Despite not being there in the current web trial, it still makes me think that there will be extra stages and other things. Personally I hope they also add ∀lternative ∀rguments as an arrange mode - I really like what they did with the music and colors in it but they might have to add something else to the gameplay other than just increasing the difficulty.

The only bad thing about having to speedkill the second stage boss to meet the omake boss is that you miss out on the stop-and-go part and the spotlights that follow, which are the best parts. Well, I haven't tried it myself yet so maybe not :?
LtC

Post by LtC »

I tried earlier stage 2 unlocking the omake boss by speedkilling the boss but it didn't appear. I believe my rate and score should've been rather high since I spent more than half of the stage in wing mode.

I've really gotten to liking the scoring in the game. It's rather simple but incredibly risky to try and stay in the wing mode because you die in one shot. The stages also seem to be similar to hellsinker when it comes to speedkilling stages to make more enemies appear.

I also did a score run attempt on the third stage. Could've done a lot better at points but still I ended up having 660 rate in the end. Has anyone managed to kill all the three barriers before the boss in st3?
LtC

Post by LtC »

Aisha wrote:The only bad thing about having to speedkill the second stage boss to meet the omake boss is that you miss out on the stop-and-go part and the spotlights that follow, which are the best parts. Well, I haven't tried it myself yet so maybe not :?
Okay I can confirm you don't have to speedkill the first phase of the second boss to face the omake boss. The first phase actually timed out for me and when it moved to the stop and go part I just popped in eliminator method and instakilled the boss. I was at bit over 136M score and 390 rate. I didn't even want to face him and got totally destroyed.

When you set the game to ask if you want to continue instead of autocontinue/restart you'll see a percentage which looks like depends on your score. 100% should be around 110M, I wonder if that's the condition.
Observer

Post by Observer »

Well, I asked the devs this. Indeed, you don't have to speed kill the first forms. It's when the background switches and those bullets that synchronise with the music come.

The indicator that you are going to face the boss is that the mech starts exploding and falling off the screen. If you didn't meet the requirements, it'll stay in position and go boom.

And that Omake boss is the epitome of on-acid STG action, heh. If you have a second Eliminator saved you can pretty much destroy it quite fast before it does any serious damage to your score. But I think that way you miss out on a lot of score potential so I like how they balanced such an overpowered weapon. (Limited uses, only to be triggered at key moments.)

RE-BORN INDISCRIMINATE INSTINCT, YEAH!

Engrish here is starting to get very epic.

Continuing will discount the percentage showed on the screen off your score. Like the engrish warning says: repeated use of the continue will destroy your score pretty violently.

So the entire game revolves around this risk/reward system where you truly are risking a lot by not just dying but game overing in one hit for bigger score boosts or play it safe and keep the shield up and only open it strategically when stuff is coming.

The mechanic that triggers when you have your wings open is called "Photosynthesis" in-game. Yup, this loli is a mecha-plant that gets Gauge Energy off the bullets the wings graze, heh. So when a bunch of bullets are around you can quickly open the shield to rechage the gauge and have it ready to start comboing moves.

Apparently, when I asked about the trials they replied me the game could be ready for C83... so this could be technically the last trial. I hope so, but I would rather have the guys polish this up as much as they can and get one last trial prior to release.

Agreed on Alternative Arguments: that should come as an omake or an arrange mode from the main game, I love what they did there by going heavy on-acid trance and having this ultra-mega-brutal difficulty.
LtC

Post by LtC »

Observer wrote:Well, I asked the devs this. Indeed, you don't have to speed kill the first forms. It's when the background switches and those bullets that synchronise with the music come.

The indicator that you are going to face the boss is that the mech starts exploding and falling off the screen. If you didn't meet the requirements, it'll stay in position and go boom.

And that Omake boss is the epitome of on-acid STG action, heh. If you have a second Eliminator saved you can pretty much destroy it quite fast before it does any serious damage to your score. But I think that way you miss out on a lot of score potential so I like how they balanced such an overpowered weapon. (Limited uses, only to be triggered at key moments.)

RE-BORN INDISCRIMINATE INSTINCT, YEAH!

Continuing will discount the percentage showed on the screen off your score. Like the engrish warning says: repeated use of the continue will destroy your score pretty violently.

So the entire game revolves around this risk/reward system where you truly are risking a lot by not just dying but game overing in one hit for bigger score boosts or play it safe and keep the shield up and only open it strategically when stuff is coming.

The mechanic that triggers when you have your wings open is called "Photosynthesis" in-game. Yup, this loli is a mecha-plant that gets Gauge Energy off the bullets the wings graze, heh. So when a bunch of bullets are around you can quickly open the shield to rechage the gauge and have it ready to start comboing moves.

Apparently, when I asked about the trials they replied me the game could be ready for C83... so this could be technically the last trial. I hope so, but I would rather have the guys polish this up as much as they can and get one last trial prior to release.

Agreed on Alternative Arguments: that should come as an omake or an arrange mode from the main game, I love what they did there by going heavy on-acid trance and having this ultra-mega-brutal difficulty.
For the omake boss I don't think you need anything else than enough score for it to appear. I tried it before and took my time and didn't really use anything too offensive and it still appeared. I still think the percentage you see at the continue screen is the amount you need to unlock it since at higher scores the number is above 100%. By the way how are you in contact with the devs? Do you have an email or do you leave message somewhere?

I'm really digging how the game plays and how the scoring works. There are some slight balance issues especially the Eliminator I hope they fix for the final version but I have to say this is probably the shmup I'm looking forward the most at the moment.

Did a full scoring run on the game and managed to get a no-miss&274M. The omake boss is crazy as hell during some patterns and has a ridiculous amount of health as well, I'd like to see someone take it down without using the eliminator. Too bad the boss isn't worth that much in score compared to the proper bosses. Also it seems you gain your third charge of eliminator at ~90M score.

Might even write a guide for this game once the full game is out if there's interest in the game.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Observer wrote:RE-BORN INDISCRIMINATE INSTINCT, YEAH!

oh for god's sake just stop already please

edit: *panchi panchi
Last edited by Despatche on Fri May 25, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

At least he avoided saying punchi punchi techno this time. :lol:
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

Captain

the keeping of one's dignity

Post by Captain »

He kept his dignity 8)
In search of great justice, sailing on a sea of stars.
Image Image
LtC

Post by LtC »

Okay here's 1 billion. I think that's it for now, even though more is certainly possible. The omake boss isn't really all that hard to take on without boss mode if you know the attacks and use proper method against them. It's just the last attack that's ridiculous and I have no idea what's going on even though I've seen in couple times.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

I tried downloading this and got something like 13.1 kb/s. :(

Is it always like this or can I hope for a better result later?
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

BPzeBanshee wrote:I tried downloading this and got something like 13.1 kb/s. :(

Is it always like this or can I hope for a better result later?
The speed was fine when I downloaded the trial last week so it will probably improve later, but in the meantime here is a temporary mirror:

removed
Last edited by Aisha on Sun May 27, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Excellent! Thanks a ton! :D

EDIT: Downloaded, there's no text showing when it wants to show dialog but I managed to figure out how2play thanks to the tutorial. If they get English text going with those this game will be ACE.
LtC

Post by LtC »

BPzeBanshee wrote:Excellent! Thanks a ton! :D

EDIT: Downloaded, there's no text showing when it wants to show dialog but I managed to figure out how2play thanks to the tutorial. If they get English text going with those this game will be ACE.
I could probably do a quick translation on the rules.html that explains all the mechanics.

Meanwhile, here's config translation:
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

Month Bump!

Initially when I downloaded it a month ago I thought this game could run on old computers (ala 2006 and below). On my old computer, they ran like a powerpoint presentation so I knew for sure this game was meant for any computer with at least a dual core and decent graphics card.

Any news or update on this game because the blog is gone.
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
shmups IRC wrote:wich linode wud u fuk
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

The blog is still there -- http://endless-shirafu.com/

The only recent news is that EndlessShirafu will be selling a new trial at Comiket 82 in August.
Rex Cavalier

Post by Rex Cavalier »

I think OMAKE appears either if you get to 3rd HP bar on first phase of boss, and/or if you destroy all legs on second phase of boss, not sure at the moment though ^_^; .
cfx

Post by cfx »

Full version will be released 12/31.
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

what does omake mean anyway?

also the game looks GREAT! I'll have to check it out.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.