Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
sven666

Re: Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

Post by sven666 »

chempop wrote:Blue goop :shock:
its all the rage these days..

the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

I guess she's an element doll who REALLY enjoys her job >.>
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Formless God wrote:

Code: Select all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3FUBL9kxWs
Holy shit, this is not even Expert
I rofled at the stage 3...
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

NTSC-J wrote:As a matter of fact, at the location test last weekend they showed some images of the new Hibachi TLB. It looked a lot like the DDP one except it had a g-string bottom and nipple pasties.
Speaking of Hibachi I did this doodle a few days back, But I refrained from posting it as I didnt want to show up the other picture posters with my awesome digital paint skills 8)

Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

rancor wrote:This is the pamphlet that came with all orders from the latest CAVE matsuri sale. Depending on my work schedule I should have that interview translated and up in a separate thread tomorrow afternoon. :wink:

Front

Inside

Back
Any update on when this translation might be coming?
rancor

Post by rancor »

Muchi Muchi Spork wrote: Any update on when this translation might be coming?
Any day now - coming soon, I promise! I've been swamped with work and orders. I haven't forgotten about it, and I was honestly just working on it about an hour ago. :wink:
Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

Thanks man, can't wait. I'm a total nerd for Cave interviews, been checking the board several times a day for it.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

I don't mind so much if Expert is ass-pipingly hard since that's supposed to be the damn point, but a part of me wishes Shot at the least is not going to be as stupid hard as DFK 1.5 sans auto-bomb and Strong Style.
Special World

Post by Special World »

Yeah, hopefully the game really does have clear differences in difficulty between shot types. I think it's kind of dumb to limit what shot types players can use, but it's even dumber not to provide difficulty levels that cater to new, intermediate, and expert players.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I think they should make this game hard as fuck. Not as hard as DOJ or whatever(not that I'd protest), but back to their usual levels. I'm tired of all this easy crap, they've been putting out.

Not that I really care about this game anyway. The visuals remind me too much of the last game....and I really didn't like it at all.
Formless God

Post by Formless God »

Seconding the hard as fuck notion. There is no excuse to not make an STG balls hard; difficulty is what an STG needs if it wants to last more than two months.
I heard sinmoon almost got his ass handed over to him in the last loc test (with Shot mode, even), which is a good sign.
RegalSin wrote:Then again sex is no diffrent then sticking a stick down some hole to make a female womenly or girl scream or make noise.
Naut

Post by Naut »

third_strike wrote:Peoples want an hard game:

Ultra Mode
Reco

## | NAME               |    SCORE           |    STAGE           |    TYPE            
---+--------------------+--------------------+--------------------+--------------------
1  | Ravid              |   *1,551,613,546   |    Stage 5 (Boss)  |    Normal          
2  | MHK                |     *556,082,849   |    Stage 3         |    Normal          
3  | HUU                |      142,974,150   |    Stage 2 (Boss)  |    Normal          
4  | SPZ                |     *123,441,201   |    Stage 2         |    Normal          
5  | jpj                |       49,083,127   |    Stage 2         |    Normal          
6  | antares            |      *37,139,685   |    Stage 2         |    Normal          
7  | moozooh            |      *11,887,954   |    Stage 2         |    Normal   
Ultra Mode
Palm

## | NAME               |    SCORE           |    STAGE           |    TYPE            
---+--------------------+--------------------+--------------------+--------------------
1  | GUS                |   *3,083,210,176   |    Stage 5 (Boss)  |    Abnormal        
2  | maxmultiplier      |    2,262,723,881   |    Stage 5 (Boss)  |    Abnormal        
3  | CRI                |   *1,249,906,313   |    Stage 5         |    Abnormal        
4  | DKU-KAB            |      100,480,424   |    Stage 3         |    Abnormal        
5  | moozooh            |      *32,917,717   |    Stage 2         |    Abnormal        
6  | jpj                |       23,747,685   |    Stage 2         |    Abnormal 
DFKBL Strong

---TYPE A/STRONG---
##  Name               Score               Stage      Auto-bomb
WR  しめじ獅子心      -  1,381,831,615,619 - ALL EX2  - OFF

01. Aliquantic      -   *121,053,103,467 - 4 Boss   - OFF
02. gs68            -     *6,147,473,542 - 2 Boss   - OFF

---TYPE B/STRONG---
WR  S.S.AKICHAN     -  1,410,385,587,348 - ALL EX2  - OFF

---TYPE C/STRONG---
WR  RIS             -  1,006,761,708,339 - ALL EX?  - OFF

01. Bananamatic     -    131,015,541,068 - 5        - ON
I understand.
Just reposting this for no reason at all. Nope, none at all.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Formless God wrote:Seconding the hard as fuck notion. There is no excuse to not make an STG balls hard; difficulty is what an STG needs if it wants to last more than two months.
I heard sinmoon almost got his ass handed over to him in the last loc test (with Shot mode, even), which is a good sign.
Tell Gradius Gaiden, the most well-received game in the Gradius series (amongst those who have heard of it anyway), that I said hi.
joeboto

Post by joeboto »

might be the new TLB

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
It is to us a sufficient body in which, fairies and it is packed and can group of play.
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

I take it everyone complaining about difficulty has beaten Futari Ultra, 2-alled DFK etc.?

Sorry if this is news to anyone but there are plenty of hard shmups released by CAVE in the last 5 years and having an easier mode (Futari Black Label Original mode sort of level) is just a smart way of trying to hook newer players. Sorry but not everyone in this community can beat any shmup that isn't super hard, and for those people there is the rather tough looking bikini/expert mode.

Seriously people, look beyond just your own desires for a minute.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
Gus

Post by Gus »

evil_ash_xero wrote:I think they should make this game hard as fuck. Not as hard as DOJ or whatever(not that I'd protest), but back to their usual levels. I'm tired of all this easy crap, they've been putting out.

Not that I really care about this game anyway. The visuals remind me too much of the last game....and I really didn't like it at all.
So much fail in this post.
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

The die is cast: if anyone calling for higher difficulty in this thread can't beat Expert mode after they've had access to the PCB or port (whenever that comes out) for three months, they have to post pics of themselves in bikinis in this thread.
We are holding the secret power of shmups.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

adversity1 wrote:The die is cast: if anyone calling for higher difficulty in this thread can't beat Expert mode after they've had access to the PCB or port (whenever that comes out) for three months, they have to post pics of themselves in bikinis in this thread.
what, all the nudity from the "post your picture" thread isnt enough for you?
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Formless God

Post by Formless God »

Eh, wanting SDOJ to be difficult does not equal to saying there aren't enough hard games out there. I haven't cleared Ultra and I won't be able to in the next four years, but that's what I wanted; the harder the game, the longer it lasts. How long did Akai Katana Arcade last ?
RegalSin wrote:Then again sex is no diffrent then sticking a stick down some hole to make a female womenly or girl scream or make noise.
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

evil_ash_xero wrote:I think they should make this game hard as fuck. Not as hard as DOJ or whatever(not that I'd protest), but back to their usual levels. I'm tired of all this easy crap, they've been putting out.
Please not this again.

Take a look at this post I wrote here a while ago. Tell me what's wrong in it. Before AK (which was easyish) was DFKBL, and Strong style is clearly a lot harder than the first loop of DOJ. Furthermore I can't see how DOJ is any different from the usual Cave level.
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

adversity1 wrote:sig
I second the motion...
Special World

Post by Special World »

"We should have varied difficulty levels. Look at Mushi Futari, there's something there for everyone, from some of Cave's easiest to some of Cav'e hardest."

"No, I want the entire game to be hard. Fuck appealing to more than one section of the STG population."

Lame.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

sven666 wrote:what, all the nudity from the "post your picture" thread isnt enough for you?
It's NEVER enough.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

-
Last edited by Cagar on Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Uh-huh. Scammers taking an interest in shmups, that's nothing new.

Carry on.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Fu

Post by Fu »

So, there's no crazy janese guy going against the Cave laws who recorded some gameplay of this game at the location test? I remember that for the previous ones there were always someone to do it, like Gaijinpunch for DDP DFK.
rancor

Post by rancor »

Videos start on page 10 of this thread.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Perhaps it would be a good habit of this forum for someone to index the vids posted in any thread in the original post, or in a comprehensive separate thread of some kind.
STV
Banned User

Post by STV »

release date confirmed for 20 April :)
Formless God

Post by Formless God »

Isn't it the 13th ?