Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BPzeBanshee

Re: Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

Post by BPzeBanshee »

NTSC-J wrote:
BPzeBanshee wrote:...so it could still be that the requirement may be 'no-miss until stage 5'.
Well, I know for sure that it isn't that alone since I no-missed to stage 5 today myself and beat the game, but no TLB. It could be one of a few requirements, though.
Yeah that was what I meant. I'm betting it's something like this:
- reach rank 20 and/or over by Stage 5 boss
- no more than x (1 or 2 etc) lives lost / No-miss until stage 5
- some percentage of bees collected (75% and over?)

This would make sense considering usage of bombs seem to have been proved irrelevant, and not all of the bees have been collected though a fair few of them did when Hibachi itself was triggered. Not many lives were lost except the one at the end of stage 5 which would support either not having a lives requirement or only having to no-miss until stage 5 starts, and previous TLBs (Evaccanneer Doom) had requirements of something similar to certain amount of lives lost. We've determined it's not really related to ship/shot type either so it must come down to at least one of these factors unless I've missed something.
Formless God

Post by Formless God »

Doesn't it sound a little like DFK ?
adverse wrote:Tsujou 2nd Loop
Fulfill one of: Collect 35 bee items, or clear the game having lost only one life or used only 2 bombs.
Also, did anyone attempt to 1-ALL the game without hyper? I know it makes zero sense scoring-wise, but from the picture earlier I suspect that's how you unlock the 陰 version.
EDIT: Although you could probably get a score like that by manually bombing everything (Auto OFF) too. I dunno.

Oh and screw whoever posted the three Steam Beta pictures on 2ch wwww
RegalSin wrote:Then again sex is no diffrent then sticking a stick down some hole to make a female womenly or girl scream or make noise.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

The rumor is that the two different TLBs are determined by autobomb being on or off.

Beating the game without hypers is doable, but it essentially means you can't bomb either (unless it's the autobomb). Plus the idea of having 10 hypers in stock and not using them sounds like torture.

I did try hypering every time I activated one to try to bring rank up faster, but it didn't go over so well.
Nereid

Post by Nereid »

I ripped some more of pikkorrro's streams - up here: http://moriya.ca/sdoj/

First one is a nice 13.3B clear; second is a 10.3B non-clear, but with a significantly higher score compared to the first ignoring the clear bonus. He did a few other streams but they weren't as good from this one it seems.

I haven't watched these completely but I did see that in both of them he has a very interesting approach to the boss 5-2 stinger attack, that makes it pretty easy.
Last edited by Nereid on Wed May 09, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

Wait, so there's 2 TLBs?

Anyone have any video of the other one? The only one I've seen is the "Hibachi's Greatest Hits" version.
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Obscura wrote:Wait, so there's 2 TLBs?

Anyone have any video of the other one? The only one I've seen is the "Hibachi's Greatest Hits" version.
lmao

As NSTC-J said, it's rumored to be depending on wether you choose autobomb or not that you trigger Yo-Hachi or *insert other TLB name* or a second loop with the True True Las Boss
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

Lolibachi and Lolizatsuza combine into 1 TLB if you don't use autobomb? :D
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

O. Van Bruce wrote:
Obscura wrote:Wait, so there's 2 TLBs?

lmao

As NSTC-J said, it's rumored to be depending on wether you choose autobomb or not that you trigger Yo-Hachi or *insert other TLB name* or a second loop with the True True Las Boss
No vids of the "other TLB"?

I think you meant "True True Lass Boss" :P
sven666

Post by sven666 »

Nereid wrote:I ripped some more of pikkorrro's streams - up here: http://moriya.ca/sdoj/

First one is a nice 13.3B clear; second is a 10.3B non-clear, but with a significantly higher score compared to the first ignoring the clear bonus. He did a few other streams but they weren't as good from this one it seems.

I haven't watched these completely but I did see that in both of them he has a very interesting approach to the boss 5-2 stinger attack, that makes it pretty easy.
wow, this guy has some serious potential, bet he could hit upwards of 30bil if he nailed the strats in his no-clear vid, with some more well timed hypers his hit count would go thru the roof!!

id have to say it looks rather unbalanced from a scoring perspective, stage 5 seems to have waaaaaay more potential than the rest of the stages put together?
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
BarfHappy

Post by BarfHappy »

Illyrian wrote:Lolibachi and Lolizatsuza combine into 1 TLB if you don't use autobomb? :D
err... asymmetrical docking ? I might change my opinion then xD
st5ex0boss/st5ex0boss.cpp, st5ex0boss/st5ex0b_appear.cpp, st5ex0boss/st5ex0b_disp.cpp, st5ex0boss/st5ex0b_move.cpp, st5ex0boss/st5ex0b_anime.cpp, st5ex0boss/st5ex0b_check.cpp

And there shall be TTLB... <3 Muwohohoho
Fu

Post by Fu »

There is this video on nicodouga : http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17783050
Would anynone be interested in a translation of this ? My japanese level isn't that great so I may need a little bit of help. I would then upload it to youtube with CC (subtitles) on english.
Basically this video explains strategy on bosses. Very useful for the shmup players who don't speak japanese.
(of course credits would be written to anyone who helped)
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

Its hard for me to watch videos at work, but after I finish this Raizing interview I could possibly work on the japanese strategy wiki at: http://www55.atwiki.jp/saidaioujo/

It has strategies for each attack phase of every boss. Obviously less helpful than a narrated video, but still. I'll have to see how feasible it is though since I haven't played the game yet, which could make an accurate translation more difficult.
shmuplations.com - translated game developer interviews and more
support shmuplations on patreon!
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f115830127
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g109174828

I see resellers are being realistic (it's just the 4500 yen soundtrack).

Also, ※完全受注生産版です。 is implying that an inferior version exists and therefore the auction price of 42,000 yen is totally justified. Buy now!
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Formless God

Post by Formless God »

Got this off 2ch.

guha

So score is pretty much confirmed to have nothing to do with requirements. Also, the kanji's color is red in this picture, but blue in the other. 2ch users are starting to call fakes on it, though.
RegalSin wrote:Then again sex is no diffrent then sticking a stick down some hole to make a female womenly or girl scream or make noise.
burgerkingdiamond

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

I know zero Japanese.

How the hell do you watch something on Nicovideo?
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

burgerkingdiamond wrote:I know zero Japanese.

Register and sign in with your email and password.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

burgerkingdiamond wrote:I know zero Japanese.

You register, the registration form is even in english..
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
J_Taishu

Post by J_Taishu »

blackoak wrote:Its hard for me to watch videos at work, but after I finish this Raizing interview I could possibly work on the japanese strategy wiki at: http://www55.atwiki.jp/saidaioujo/

It has strategies for each attack phase of every boss. Obviously less helpful than a narrated video, but still. I'll have to see how feasible it is though since I haven't played the game yet, which could make an accurate translation more difficult.
Not going to get into the details about how to beat bosses with the type-c, but the beginning is about the aura attack. There were a few major points:

1) When you successfully attack with the aura, the hit counter goes up by 2s.

2) The center of the hit effects moves from the ship to the options when you attack with the aura.

3) The number of particles from the hit effect increases when you aura attack.

4) Damage from aura attacks on bosses is variable depending on where on the boss you try and attack. Some bosses have spots where they take 3 times normal damage, while some have spots where they don't take aura damage at all. Note that a "normal" Aura attack is still 1.5 times that of just attacking with the laser.
burgerkingdiamond

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

ok thanks. I kept trying to click on the damn thumbnail of the video. Then kept clicking any link I saw but to no avail.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
Fu

Post by Fu »

A player on nicodouga has uploaded an ALL with Hibachi. He got 13m + 陽. I didn't watch the whole run because he's not scoring high the entire game. It's interesting how he does against Hibachi.
http://youtu.be/3ds6ZlbwypY
His rank when he reaches the last boss is 16 with 5 lives left.
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

Am I the only person who actually really likes the sound design of the TLB?

It was odd at first, but after watching a few times, it works really well. Why have a quiet TLB when you can have one that shrieks gibberish at you? The random giggling and DADADADADADADADAAAAAs make it feel more energetic, somehow.

Not that it matters for me; even if I ever did get to play it (which I won't), I'd never make it to her...
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

Obscura wrote:Am I the only person who actually really likes the sound design of the TLB?

It was odd at first, but after watching a few times, it works really well. Why have a quiet TLB when you can have one that shrieks gibberish at you? The random giggling and DADADADADADADADAAAAAs make it feel more energetic, somehow.

Not that it matters for me; even if I ever did get to play it (which I won't), I'd never make it to her...
I kind of agree, but kind of... no..
It's odd at first, and it still IS odd. Loli-girl after 5 stages of battleships & war.
It makes you feel very strange and confused though, those screems and the fact that the hardest enemy of the game is a laughing little girl is certainly not common.
But It could be way .. energier, if it was just angry bee with manly screams of fighting for his life, even a though sends me shivers :lol:
But now she's just laughing and... being cute... and all that.

I like operator's voice actor VERY much though. My heart skipped a few beats the first time I heard her panicking screams.
The same thing didn't happen on TLB though, she sounds like she's just playing around and not taking it seriously.
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

My heart tells me: YES! FUCKING LOLI AMAZING HIBACHI... long live to TEH LULZ.

But my head keeps trying to spoil the fun.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Cagar wrote: The same thing didn't happen on TLB though, she sounds like she's just playing around and not taking it seriously.
That's the point, shes mad and insane. Yandere loli
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

I hope she unleashes her true power for the TTLB (if their is one) and becomes one of the characters from cho aniki.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

ratikal wrote:
Cagar wrote: The same thing didn't happen on TLB though, she sounds like she's just playing around and not taking it seriously.
That's the point, shes mad and insane. Yandere loli
But it doesn't work, for me. Insane little girl is not scary.
man9child

Post by man9child »

-Deleted-
Last edited by man9child on Sun May 20, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

wow.. 1bil for the 1st form and 5 for the clear.
+ 1bil per life left and ~200mil per bomb makes the maximum TLB all clear bonus a whopping 13bil!! (max bomb stock is 5 right?)

ed: he also gets 2/3s of his stage score on stage 5 and half of that comes from the "gauntlet" right before the boss.. kinda shows where the scoring potential lies. :(

basically you can play like an ace althru the game and if you mess up one tiny detail in the last stage its ragequitting time, alternatively just play it safe and survive all the way to stage 5 and you can still get an amazing score..
Last edited by sven666 on Fri May 11, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Just realized Yagawa did work on this, and Ichimura too! Cave all-stars programmer team, heh.

Considering the different circumstances people are (not) reaching Hibachi with, it's most likely a combination of several criteria out of a larger list, like perhaps any two of the following:
— no-miss the game through Hachi;
— collect all bees;
— have rank xx (15? 20? 25?) at/after Hachi.

The midboss warp animation in mid-stage 5 concerns me a little. Perhaps you need to perfect them as (one of the) requirement(s).
sven666 wrote:+ 1bil per life left and ~200mil per bomb makes the maximum TLB all clear bonus a whopping 13bil!! (max bomb stock is 5 right?)
Max bomb stock with autobomb on is 2 for Laser and 3 for Shot.

The maximum autobomb clear bonus is:
1+5 billion for Hibachi;
6x1 billion for no-miss;
3x150 million for three bombs (most likely there's additional bonus for carrying max bomb bonus through the TLB, like in DOJ and DFK);
???x20000 for hit count (about 0.5–0.6 billion at most, but who knows what chains are possible on perfect stage 5!).
So yes, about 13 billion for an autobomb clear.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....