Under Defeat HD

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
PepsimanVsJoe

Re: Under Defeat HD

Post by PepsimanVsJoe »

Cool......I guess.
Estebang

Post by Estebang »

Region free or bust.

Time to start pestering G.Rev's Twitter, I guess!
kevenz

Post by kevenz »

Kingbuzzo wrote:
kevenz wrote:the original game is in 480p.

it's just going to be upconverted to 720p...... I don't think they're going to add more polygons and redo every textures one by one.
not with THAT attitudes.
Don't take it too seriously ! I just hate developpers putting "HD" at the end of every re-release of old games.

If you have an 1080p tv, then everything you see on screen is already upconverted to 1080p by the processor inside your tv.

Just play it on dreamcast and it'll be the same as the ps3 version. Have a good day :)
MR_Soren

Post by MR_Soren »

If the LE is region free, I'll definitely buy a copy. Seems like they really should be doing a double-pack though.
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

To the above poster, that is incorrect. The hardware would upscale (Ps3, 360) if the original code was used such as Ps1 classics for example. The new HD games that appear in the marketplace are ports and support higher resolutions except for some that are just emulations running a blitter with a higher resolution.
Iron Maiden: "It was dead, but alive at the same time."
IDruggedShamu

-

Post by IDruggedShamu »

-
Last edited by IDruggedShamu on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Excellent, I was hoping they'd go with a disc release. Long since owned the DC port, but will most definitely pick this up on 360 assuming all goes well with the conversion. Same goes for a potential Border Down release.
-SD-

Post by -SD- »

Awesome news, I'll definitely be getting the PlayStation version. Hopefully it'll sell really well on PS3 and Strania will also get released.

Contemplating what to do with my DC Ltd Edition now...
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

Elixir wrote:http://jin115.com/archives/51821262.html

Spring 2012, packaged LE w/ bonuses, remix mode (widescreen), tate support, date unfixed.
I didn't think G.rev had the resources to do a simultaneous 360/PS3 retail release. It having a full widescreen mode isn't surprising though, I guess Sony still hasn't changed some of their policies. It would be nice if the 360 version is region free, though it doesn't affect me personally. But even if it isn't, I could see them licensing the 360 version overseas. Under Defeat is at least somewhat well-regarded, has full 3D graphics, and has a "serious" art style, all things what would make it easy to sell outside of Japan.
Last edited by Cuilan on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
:lol:
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

IDruggedShamu wrote:This sucks. I just bought a mint DC copy from someone in Austin, TX... 119$ lol. Now I'm stuck with it.
You're stuck with presently only and potentially best version? Yeah, that's sucks alright. I don't know about the price but I don't see the problem if you plan to play the Dreamcast copy, it's more than satisfactory despite not being true modern HD.

All the same, this is interesting news especially since it's going to be on PS3. I don't own either system but it's good to have variety.
I also agree with sentiments that this could've been a double-pack with Border Down but maybe if this does well enough BD will see some action too.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

I got alot of love for this game, great news its coming out on XBLA and PSN. Also as a note this game emulates really well on NullDC with a well equipped PC.
Iron Maiden: "It was dead, but alive at the same time."
Casper<3

Re:

Post by Casper<3 »

Limbrooke wrote:
IDruggedShamu wrote:This sucks. I just bought a mint DC copy from someone in Austin, TX... 119$ lol. Now I'm stuck with it.
You're stuck with presently only and potentially best version? Yeah, that's sucks alright. I don't know about the price but I don't see the problem if you plan to play the Dreamcast copy, it's more than satisfactory despite not being true modern HD.

All the same, this is interesting news especially since it's going to be on PS3. I don't own either system but it's good to have variety.
I also agree with sentiments that this could've been a double-pack with Border Down but maybe if this does well enough BD will see some action too.
Don't complain, the game is awesome. You could spend 119$ on a lot worst things.
IDruggedShamu

-

Post by IDruggedShamu »

-
Last edited by IDruggedShamu on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emphatic

Re: Re:

Post by emphatic »

IDruggedShamu wrote:I don't collect games... I buy them to play. The older I get, the more I tend to shy away from these games. After getting married my interests have swayed dramatically back to Autocross, so in my mind, that 119$ could have gone to my engine rebuild. But I had the chance to buy the LE so I went for it so I could break out the old DC. But if I would have known this news, I probably would have passed.

I'm not complaining. Just expressing mild frustration.
Then sell it here to someone who IS a collector? Just because a new port is coming this LE of yours should give you money back for other stuff?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

Elixir wrote:http://jin115.com/archives/51821262.html

Spring 2012, packaged LE w/ bonuses, remix mode (widescreen), tate support, date unfixed.
Packaged? So does this mean it's coming as a disc release?
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Yeah... I'm confused if this is a retail release or not also.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Isn't it pretty obvious that it is? :)
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

oops I missed Elixer's post about it been boxed. So its a import job then, fingers crossed on region free for 360

For PS3 owners a real vert with TATE is a big thing
Last_Dancer

Post by Last_Dancer »

So its a import job then, fingers crossed on region free for 360
Senko DUO was region-locked, Mamoru too, 99% chance of region-lock for Under Defeat confirmed :wink:
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

Sumez wrote:Isn't it pretty obvious that it is? :)
Not really. If they want to bring it to the west - and I know they do - a digital release is the only way to go. Imo, it might turn out to be both - limited disc release, followed by premium priced digital one.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I don't think they'd made a simultaneous release like that, I've never heard of that happening.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

Sumez wrote:I don't think they'd made a simultaneous release like that, I've never heard of that happening.
"Followed", not simultaneous.
I find it hard to believe that after introducing the world to Strania via xbla they suddenly go disc only. Especially because they just posted the news in English on their facebook page which they wouldn't do if the release wouldn't also be aimed at their western customers. It will either be codefree or digital after all...just my opinion.
Casper<3

Post by Casper<3 »

Region free would make a lot of sense but I have JP 360 so I don't care either way.

I'm just excited this is happening, and on disc none the less!
MR_Soren

Post by MR_Soren »

G.rev has posted on their facebook page (In English) that this will be a package release for 360 and PS3.

I can only hope they will do the sensible thing and make it region-free.

Also, details on the LE contents will be announced on the 8th.
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

MR_Soren wrote:G.rev has posted on their facebook page (In English) that this will be a package release for 360 and PS3.

I can only hope they will do the sensible thing and make it region-free.

Also, details on the LE contents will be announced on the 8th.
Since they stated that on their English Facebook page, I think there's a good chance that it'll either be region-free or licensed.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Cuilan wrote:Since they stated that on their English Facebook page, I think there's a good chance that it'll either be region-free or licensed.
Region free for PS3! :lol:
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
IDruggedShamu

-

Post by IDruggedShamu »

-
Last edited by IDruggedShamu on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emphatic

Re: Re:

Post by emphatic »

IDruggedShamu wrote:I'm merely expressing frustration. How would you feel if you just paid a larger than average sum on something that you just found you already had per say? It's just aggravating is all. No need to walk on egg shells about it. I post in peace. Rowdy bunch this group is :)
I was merely giving you advice, I didn't realize it sounded harsh. :lol:
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

emphatic wrote:Region free for PS3! :lol:
Indeed, but if Microsoft was willing to grant a region-free exception for a game like Eschatos, I don't see why they wouldn't grant one for a game like Under Defeat (unless the 360 version is being licensed).
krokodil_final

Post by krokodil_final »

Bulletsoul was also region-free, I don't see a problem here.