Under Defeat HD

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Cuilan

Re: Under Defeat HD

Post by Cuilan »

DrTrouserPlank wrote:I can't see it having much of a market and it doesn't make much sense business-wise to me.
Well, it wouldn't be the first poor business decision that G.rev has made.
:lol:
Last_Dancer

Post by Last_Dancer »

You can legitimise the 360 disc releases
Haha, funny, Xbox360 is dead in Japan, Xbox360-shooters DDP DOJ, DDP DOJ Black Label or Akai Katana sold horrible, 360-only in Japan is suicide, choose PS3 if you actually want to sell games.
This won't be a disc release with it being on both PS3 and xbox360.
Yeah, sure :roll: I think some call it "multiplatform release", happens all the time, only the most unsuccesfull genres in this Generation, J-RPG and Shmups went Xbox360 only, well, it was not a good decision, dontcha think?
Forced 16:9 is a very real possibility since this is getting a PS3 release
Just a myth by 360-Fanboys, Arcana Heart 3 got 4:3 ratio, "outdated" 2-D Sprites, basically everything evil Sony "hates", and guess what, it still got a Disc-release, Miracle??
Well, it wouldn't be the first poor business decision that G.rev has made.
Xbox360-only was a poor business decision :wink:
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

Jesus fucking christ how many times must the above mentioned chap be proven wrong?
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Last_Dancer wrote: Haha, funny, Xbox360 is dead in Japan, Xbox360-shooters DDP DOJ, DDP DOJ Black Label or Akai Katana sold horrible, 360-only in Japan is suicide, choose PS3 if you actually want to sell games.
Way to only point out the games that didn't go platinum, and on top of that, DOJ and DOJ BL were on the same disc.

Keep on with the hate that you so strongly provide support for.
Casper<3

Post by Casper<3 »

Disc release! that would be awesome.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Last_dancer seems to have some sort of grudge against X360? Why bother, really?
antares

Post by antares »

Cool news, day one purchase for me (IF it supports 3:4 Tate) though I would have preferred a 16:9 remake of Border Down or even a completely new game.

So it seems Strania made G.Rev some profit after all, otherwise they wouldn't release a second game on XBLA?
WTB: Arkanoid II Revenge Of Doh PCB, Outzone PCB, Fixeight PCB
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

if this is actually going to get a disc based release, I hope its not Japan only, but I doubt it will be. Still UD in full HD is worth picking up day one. One of the best shooters. Sure it doesn't look as pretty as Border Down, but that's only because its a military themed shump. Still if it is a disc based release, I bet they'd stick another game of theirs on there, most likely Border Down, or if just the one game, enough extra stuff to make it be worth the single game.
Van_Artic

Post by Van_Artic »

disc release?
gallery mode and sound test please.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Totally stumped on why this would be a disk release. Maybe DDP-campaign or Mushi Matsuri 1.5 will be unlockable.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Paradigm
Banned User

Post by Paradigm »

Last_Dancer wrote:shit post
Nobody's interested in a console war dickhead, so take your Blu-ray player and fuck off.

There's no chance of Under Defeat alone being put out on disc, it would have to be a bundled with Border Down or something but even then, XBLA makes more sense. I'll bet my house right now that it won't have a 4:3 mode, at least initially. Still a day one purchase though, hopefully it does well and Border Down follows suit.
rancor

Post by rancor »

Paradigm wrote: Nobody's interested in a console war dickhead, so take your Blu-ray player and fuck off.
Agreed. Someone show that fool the door. He can fight with the other squeaky voiced 12-year-olds over here.
xgunnBlaze

Post by xgunnBlaze »

DrTrouserPlank wrote:
t0yrobo wrote:Here's hoping it's a multigame disc or something, I'd be genuinely surprised if they did a disc release for just UD.
So would I. A disc release of only UD for both PS3 and xbox seems bizarre. I can't see it having much of a market and it doesn't make much sense business-wise to me. It's not even as if it's a big cult title like radiant silvergun or the like. You can legitimise the 360 disc releases as trying to appeal to a xbox-adverse japanese market, but a dual format release of an old shooter that many people won't have heard of seems strange.

The price will be interesting if it is to be released on disc. Surely it's not going to cost us $60-70. That won't shift many copies, even less so if it's region locked and/or only released in Asia.
I don't think the fact that it's a multi-platform release is what makes it strange. A 360-only disc release for this game would also be as weird IMO. Not to hate on this game - I love Under Defeat and I have it on my DC - but it's kind of old and not as popular as other disc releases.
I'm still looking forward to it. I wonder what will be in the LE? Maybe it will be bundled with some other games?
chempop wrote:Totally stumped on why this would be a disk release. Maybe DDP-campaign or Mushi Matsuri 1.5 will be unlockable.
Only after reading a bundled visual novel.
Estebang

Post by Estebang »

If this is going to be a disc release, they better completely redo the graphics to justify that HD subtitle.
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

Estebang wrote:If this is going to be a disc release, they better completely redo the graphics to justify that HD subtitle.
I could see them doing this without too much effort. Their core game engine has come a long way since Under Defeat was released.
:lol:
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

Nice to seem UD get some recognition. I never liked the straight up 'shoot stuff' approach of the game, but it's so very much a pickup-and-play game that I seem to play it more than some of the DC games I give more respect to. Here's to hoping they release this to all regions as I think it has potential to create new shmup fans in a way we haven't seen since Ikaruga.
=/
alberto1225

Post by alberto1225 »

Good news that G.rev ports the Under defeat HD on PS3 and Xbox360. It's been a long time that there is no new shmups title on these two consoles 8) And thanks G.rev always bring great shooter to shmups Fans.
G-DARIUS Ver.2
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Awesome game so great news !
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

Everything I am reading online about this says that it's going to be a digital release in Japan on January 19th, with no news of a western release.

That sounds about right.
To go "full-Plank" - colloquial - To experience disproportionate levels of frustration as a result of resistance to completing a task. Those who go "full-Plank" very rarely recover.
Estebang

Post by Estebang »

Surprised that G.Rev's trying the PS3 again after the colossal failure of Mamoru-kun on the system.
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

Estebang wrote:Surprised that G.Rev's trying the PS3 again after the colossal failure of Mamoru-kun on the system.

Well they already got the devkits and the rights to make games for the system I would say its more of a "What the hell we might aswell do it" kind of scenario.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Estebang wrote:Surprised that G.Rev's trying the PS3 again after the colossal failure of Mamoru-kun on the system.
If Sega are, in fact, publishing the game (as was hinted at earlier), that would certainly explain it (they prefer doing multi-platform releases).
kevenz

Post by kevenz »

Like the cave shooters..... this isn't going to be true hd...... just upscaled resolution.
t0yrobo

Post by t0yrobo »

Why wouldn't it be in HD? Maybe the textures won't be redone, but it's 3d...
XBL - CountryGolden
kevenz

Post by kevenz »

the original game is in 480p.

it's just going to be upconverted to 720p...... I don't think they're going to add more polygons and redo every textures one by one.
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

kevenz wrote:the original game is in 480p.

it's just going to be upconverted to 720p...... I don't think they're going to add more polygons and redo every textures one by one.
not with THAT attitudes.
=/
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I hate they way folks use the word upscaled now. It's not even used properly now.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

http://jin115.com/archives/51821262.html

Spring 2012, packaged LE w/ bonuses, remix mode (widescreen), tate support, date unfixed.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Raytrace

Post by Raytrace »

Strider77 wrote:I hate they way folks use the word upscaled now. It's not even used properly now.
yeah I think it's meaning is getting lost in the ether due to the many tricks both consoles do at final post process stage to pretend they're 'real' 720p or 1080p...
stryc9

Post by stryc9 »

Elixir wrote:http://jin115.com/archives/51821262.html

Spring 2012, packaged LE w/ bonuses, remix mode (widescreen), tate support, date unfixed.
That is all excellent news. Thanks Elixir :wink:
Facebook is for handbag users.
XBox Live Name: Katbizkitz