Under Defeat HD

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Deca

Re: Under Defeat HD

Post by Deca »

Zaarock wrote:I doubt they would leave it out since strania had 4:3 patched because of demand
Wait really? Might be time to pick up Strania then.
1CC List To miss is human; to rank control, divine.
“Fly to live and shoot ‘em all!” – Manabu Namiki
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Deca wrote:
Zaarock wrote:I doubt they would leave it out since strania had 4:3 patched because of demand
Wait really? Might be time to pick up Strania then.
Check out the DLC as well, it's better than the main game. There are a couple threads about it that are fairly recent.
Elaphe

Post by Elaphe »

I would be much much more excited about a high res remake of Zero Gunner 2, since I never get used to the mechanics of Under Defeat, but I think I'll give it another chance now.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Elaphe wrote:I would be much much more excited about a high res remake of Zero Gunner 2, since I never get used to the mechanics of Under Defeat, but I think I'll give it another chance now.
The DC port of ZG2 already look amazing running DC on my 22" LCD, so not much to "fix" in the GFX department.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

10 or 15 dollars, it will be worth it. Hope a sequel will eventually come out.
Estebang

Post by Estebang »

I wouldn't be surprised if they added an arrange/remix mode to match Border Down's. Probably through DLC, like Side Vower.

Maybe we can expect a BD port if this sells okay enough? It's definitely a harder sell, though...I'm sure they went with Under Defeat because the scoring's less complicated, and helicopters + tanks + explosions is more easily understood by the masses.
Last edited by Estebang on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkseed

Post by Darkseed »

Will definitely buy on ps3 but I wish theyd release Border Down. Under Defeat is a little too bland imo but I'll take it.

Edit: hopefully they'd also include an option to change stage 2's music so I wouldn't have to hear those obnoxious few opening bars everytime I die.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I'll definitely get this, if it isn't squashed, like RayStorm.

Also, bring on Border Down!
Casper<3

Post by Casper<3 »

Getting this right away thanks to the 360 port. I love this game.

Now if only a miracle would happen and we could get a Battle Garegga port.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Casper<3 wrote:Getting this right away thanks to the 360 port. I love this game.

Garegga already has a port.

Batrider and/or Bakraid, now that would be a miracle!
Estebang

Post by Estebang »

Who owns the rights to Raizing's stuff now, anyway? Eighting's still around, but they haven't published a game in over a decade, and I'm not sure if they're even the same company as "8ing." And EA would still own Soukyugurentai.
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

Elixir wrote:So do Andriasang just like not bother linking to sources or something?

http://ameblo.jp/gameryou/entry-11055554796.html

https://twitter.com/#!/shmups/status/129089848790364160
Siliconera is saying that Sega is publishing it, but the blog post seems to imply that G.rev is publishing it themselves. Any confirmation on that?

Would be pretty interesting if they had to go through Sega in order to get this released.
BPzeBanshee wrote:This, and I'll also be pissed if it features RayStorm's "HD" squatted-edition graphics and forced 16:9 too.
Forced 16:9 is a very real possibility since this is getting a PS3 release, unless Sony has changed their policies (or the PSN version might be Japan-only).
:lol:
Casper<3

Post by Casper<3 »

dunpeal2064 wrote:
Casper<3 wrote:Getting this right away thanks to the 360 port. I love this game.

Garegga already has a port.

Batrider and/or Bakraid, now that would be a miracle!

I mean a 360 port. I have this foolish hope that all my favorite shooters could be playable on one console.
ZenErik

Post by ZenErik »

Can't wait! :D This will either sell me on the DC version or deter me from ever getting it.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Great news!
nZero

Post by nZero »

Kiken wrote:Very interested to see how this port turns out.
Oh I'll bet, looking forward to seeing you defend your title on the leaderboards :D
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Excellent news. I really enjoyed Strania and Side Vower. I am glad it's coming to Xbox 360 too :)
Gamertag: Alfred Saxon
Arcade: ENG
ex.machina

Post by ex.machina »

Great, hopefully it's a disc release. (Thursdays are usually disc releases in Japan)
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Cuilan wrote:
Elixir wrote:So do Andriasang just like not bother linking to sources or something?

http://ameblo.jp/gameryou/entry-11055554796.html

https://twitter.com/#!/shmups/status/129089848790364160
Siliconera is saying that Sega is publishing it, but the blog post seems to imply that G.rev is publishing it themselves. Any confirmation on that?

Would be pretty interesting if they had to go through Sega in order to get this released.
BPzeBanshee wrote:This, and I'll also be pissed if it features RayStorm's "HD" squatted-edition graphics and forced 16:9 too.
Forced 16:9 is a very real possibility since this is getting a PS3 release, unless Sony has changed their policies (or the PSN version might be Japan-only).
The blog entry is from a flying getter, and information from an upcoming Famitsu entry. I would trust it over Siliconera.

I'm not really sure why Sega would be involved, maybe it's outsourced for the PS3 version? G.rev have been releasing their previous stuff independently. Honestly, unless it's in cooperation with AM2 (which it wouldn't be as they almost exclusively deal with their own content), Sega can kindly get the fuck out.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

This won't be a disc release with it being on both PS3 and xbox360.

If it was just for the 360 then it would be possible.
To go "full-Plank" - colloquial - To experience disproportionate levels of frustration as a result of resistance to completing a task. Those who go "full-Plank" very rarely recover.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Oh and, it’s officially confirmed now

http://twitter.com/#!/hiro_maruyama/sta ... 2066460672
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

What is? I'm a moron who doesn't even understand Japanese.
Casper<3

Post by Casper<3 »

Does Elixir fail to understand the majority of people here don't read Japanese?

If you're going to link it, at least give us a translation of what it says.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

No, apple arcade, I don't.

Now that I've actually had a chance to look at the blog entry and not just the tweet, the game has been officially announced by G.rev's staff (rather than having a Siliconera article with no source, and a flying getter's blog to rely on). No date. It also says to look forward to next week's Famitsu.

It also says to look forward to an upcoming entry detailing the "limited edition".

Sumez

Post by Sumez »

If there's a limited edition, I guess online release is out of the question.
t0yrobo

Post by t0yrobo »

Here's hoping it's a multigame disc or something, I'd be genuinely surprised if they did a disc release for just UD.
XBL - CountryGolden
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

retail LE :shock:
now you've got me reaaaally interested
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

Elixir wrote:It also says to look forward to an upcoming entry detailing the "limited edition".
So a retail release for both the 360 and PS3 at the same time, eh? Will be very interesting to see what the sales split is between the two.
:lol:
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

t0yrobo wrote:Here's hoping it's a multigame disc or something, I'd be genuinely surprised if they did a disc release for just UD.
So would I. A disc release of only UD for both PS3 and xbox seems bizarre. I can't see it having much of a market and it doesn't make much sense business-wise to me. It's not even as if it's a big cult title like radiant silvergun or the like. You can legitimise the 360 disc releases as trying to appeal to a xbox-adverse japanese market, but a dual format release of an old shooter that many people won't have heard of seems strange.

The price will be interesting if it is to be released on disc. Surely it's not going to cost us $60-70. That won't shift many copies, even less so if it's region locked and/or only released in Asia.
To go "full-Plank" - colloquial - To experience disproportionate levels of frustration as a result of resistance to completing a task. Those who go "full-Plank" very rarely recover.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

If its $60-$70, it would still be cheaper than getting the DC version.

As long as its not gimped in any way from the original, I'd gladly get a copy for almost half the price.