Under Defeat HD

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Kollision

Re: Under Defeat HD

Post by Kollision »

Sweeet... :D
who would guess such a thing was even remotely possible?
IDruggedShamu

-

Post by IDruggedShamu »

-
Last edited by IDruggedShamu on Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

I cant see any 3rd party localising an old DC game remade to 720p, so it would make sense to make it RF, I dont think it would cost them anything to change the disks to RF anyway.

Does anyone have an idea of what the RRP of a remake like this is likely to be in Japan?
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Necronom wrote:
Elixir wrote:http://jin115.com/archives/51821262.html

Spring 2012, packaged LE w/ bonuses, remix mode (widescreen), tate support, date unfixed.
Packaged? So does this mean it's coming as a disc release?
Like I've said twice now, yes, it's a physical limited edition with bonuses. Pretty sure virtual limited editions don't exist.

LE details drop on the 8th.

I don't think people should worry too much about the regions here, considering the PS3 version is region-free by proxy.

Hoping for an OST and not some silly poster or drama CD like they did with Senko DUO (ugh).
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Casper<3

Post by Casper<3 »

Elixir wrote: Hoping for an OST and not some silly poster or drama CD like they did with Senko DUO (ugh).
Me too, this.

G.Rev always excels in the soundtrack department. I love all 3 Senko soundtracks.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Casper<3 wrote:I love all 3 Senko soundtracks.
Four now actually. Some of Yack's best, love it. Though I think the SnR1 sound tracks are a little better the DUO ones are different enough to listen to and the fullflat soundtrack tries a lot of interesting stuff.

Hoping for a bundled OST/arrange as well :)
Bee Cool

Post by Bee Cool »

I wonder how they will add lolis in this release.
RIP in peaces mjclark and Estebang
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Easy, just invent a loli pilot $$$ Cha-ching

All shmups have lolis and the lolis in deathsmiles 2 have miniature lolis in their heads.

Also the Ace Combat planes have the muchi pork lolis peddling their bikes behind the pilots
Bee Cool

Post by Bee Cool »

I like the way you think!
RIP in peaces mjclark and Estebang
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

I like how people think most shmups these days have lolis when very few actually have them. girl drawn in anime artstyle != loli.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Casper<3

Post by Casper<3 »

Seseri is a loli.
Deca

Post by Deca »

Seems foolish to not jump on this LE. I've always meant to get around to playing this game and this will probably end up pretty collectable to boot. Only issue is figuring out what console to buy it for if the 360 version is revealed to be regionless :I
1CC List To miss is human; to rank control, divine.
“Fly to live and shoot ‘em all!” – Manabu Namiki
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

AntiFritz wrote:I like how people think most shmups these days have lolis when very few actually have them. girl drawn in anime artstyle != loli.
Yeah I get ya, I was just using the term for comic effect
burgerkingdiamond

Re: Re:

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

I don't collect games... I buy them to play. The older I get, the more I tend to shy away from these games. After getting married my interests have swayed dramatically back to Autocross, so in my mind, that 119$ could have gone to my engine rebuild. But I had the chance to buy the LE so I went for it so I could break out the old DC. But if I would have known this news, I probably would have passed.

I'm not complaining. Just expressing mild frustration.
If all you wanted to do was play the game, why on Earth not just download and burn it? I mean, we're talking about a DREAMCAST game here. It's only the easiest system ever to play copies on.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Because only game collectors care about owning the games legitimately.
If you're anyone else, the common laws of our society don't apply.
burgerkingdiamond

Sumez wrote:Because only game collectors care about owning the games legitimately.
If you're anyone else, the common laws of our society don't apply.
Whatever man. I totally didn't know that you were gonna have something to say.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I don't wanna spend time arguing about different opinions, because I don't care that you feel differently nad for all I care, you can do whatever you want. But actually encouraging people, who care about buying their games legally, to pursue software piracy, or insinuating that they are stupid for paying for something they can get "for free", is completely uncalled for.
burgerkingdiamond

Sumez wrote:I don't wanna spend time arguing about different opinions, because I don't care that you feel differently nad for all I care, you can do whatever you want. But actually encouraging people, who care about buying their games legally, to pursue software piracy, or insinuating that they are stupid for paying for something they can get "for free", is completely uncalled for.
I do both. I pay inflated prices for CAVE 360 games just to have for the collection even though I already have them stored on my Jtag. I buy Doujin games even though you can download them for free very easily. On the other hand I have a bunch of burnt ps2 CAVE games because I can't justify paying over $150 for Ibara, which I'll probably spend 15 minutes playing before it pisses me off so much that I'll want to throw it across the street like a frisbee.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
Deca

Post by Deca »

I'll always buy a new copy of a game given a chance, but with something like Border Down I'm not going to feel bad burning it vs paying a private seller 150 or whatever it's going for these days. I'm all about supporting the companies but once the game is no longer available new it sort of becomes a moot point.

Granted there are exceptions, I had no issue shelling out 130 for Garegga. I dunno it's a pretty case by case thing overall I guess. I used to pirate a lot of stuff when I didn't really have the money to buy it, but anymore I just don't like doing that because in general I'd rather own legit copies and have a nice proper collection.
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

Not sure if this has been posted or not but eh

http://andriasang.com/comyur/
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Zeron wrote:Not sure if this has been posted or not but eh

http://andriasang.com/comyur/
I hope there's an option for standard wallpaper cause watching a stretched out version of the gameplay behind the play area is gonna be hella annoying.

Aside from that... the game looks pretty much the same as the DC rev... except some of the textures look a bit more detailed and the shell-casings falling from the chopper are much larger.

*edit*

Looking more closely, I wonder if there's an option to adjust the placement of the HUD elements, cause the Option Pod Timer should not be over-lapping the bomb icons. Also, in the image fighting the stage 3 boss, the timer digits are way too spaced out and they should be above (not intersecting) the boss health meter. Player extend icons should be located beneath the player's score, not off to the left. Finally, the CREDITS text should not be flush with the bottom of the screen... it should be raised slightly.

Ok.. ending my anal dissection of 4 early photos.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

burgerkingdiamond wrote:
Sumez wrote:I don't wanna spend time arguing about different opinions, because I don't care that you feel differently nad for all I care, you can do whatever you want. But actually encouraging people, who care about buying their games legally, to pursue software piracy, or insinuating that they are stupid for paying for something they can get "for free", is completely uncalled for.
I do both. I pay inflated prices for CAVE 360 games just to have for the collection even though I already have them stored on my Jtag. I buy Doujin games even though you can download them for free very easily. On the other hand I have a bunch of burnt ps2 CAVE games because I can't justify paying over $150 for Ibara, which I'll probably spend 15 minutes playing before it pisses me off so much that I'll want to throw it across the street like a frisbee.
It's probably not a good idea to announce your lack of class or unemployment on this forum. Start liking My Little Pony and you're basically another plastic-wrapped njiska.

By the way, Cave 360 shmups are not overpriced. If anything, they are underpriced. I'm not really sure why people are paying $100+ for their limited editions. It might have made sense back on release, but not now. Besides MMP/PS, none of the limited editions enter that range.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Elixir wrote:
burgerkingdiamond wrote:
It's probably not a good idea to announce your lack of class or unemployment on this forum. Start liking My Little Pony and you're basically another plastic-wrapped njiska.

By the way, Cave 360 shmups are not overpriced. If anything, they are underpriced. I'm not really sure why people are paying $100+ for their limited editions. It might have made sense back on release, but not now. Besides MMP/PS, none of the limited editions enter that range.
Well, for me, the US $ is worth a lot less than most money in the world, so it ends up being pricier than a normal 360 game + shipping would normally be.

However, I've only paid over $100 on one 360 game, and that was MMP/PS LE, the day it was released. Most LE's can be had much cheaper now, even brand new.
Deca

Post by Deca »

JP prices are weird lately, Gundam Extreme VS is 100+ and its not even an LE or anything.
burgerkingdiamond

Elixir
you got me pegged man.
Last edited by burgerkingdiamond on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

Deca wrote:JP prices are weird lately, Gundam Extreme VS is 100+ and its not even an LE or anything.
That's a result of the weak dollar + the strong yen. I haven't imported many games lately because of that.
:lol:
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I hope we get more information on what they actually did to the graphics soon. I can't really tell from the small ass screen shots we have gotten.

I would like an Ikaruga style update, but I'm worried it's gonna just be filtered or something.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

I hope there's an option for standard wallpaper cause watching a stretched out version of the gameplay behind the play area is gonna be hella annoying.
Absolutely. This must be the worst wallpaper idea I've ever seen applied to a vert shmup.
Besides that, looks ok...let's wait and see what they do to the graphics and already epic explosions.
Chacranajxy

Post by Chacranajxy »

Cuilan wrote:
Deca wrote:JP prices are weird lately, Gundam Extreme VS is 100+ and its not even an LE or anything.
That's a result of the weak dollar + the strong yen. I haven't imported many games lately because of that.
Yeah, we're really seeing the effects of the shit dollar now. The conversion rate is seriously close to half of what it was 10 years ago, which is a little disgusting.

Though I think it rebounded slightly in the last few days. It was at 75.something yen to the dollar for a bit, which was troubling.
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

evil_ash_xero wrote:...but I'm worried it's gonna just be filtered or something.
I don't think you need to worry about that.

At worst : the game will be re-rendered at 720p and have AA added.

At best : all that + 3D models with higher polygon counts + shader effects + touched up textures.

I think comparing Senko no Ronde arcade with Senko no Ronde Rev.X would give a good idea of what's the minimum we can expect.
:lol: