Under Defeat HD

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Tokyo-J

Re: Under Defeat HD

Post by Tokyo-J »

I emailed G.Rev about the patch.

This is the answer I have received.

Give us a few days to comment on this. The CEO was out of the office all
day. We know you and other fans have been waiting for a patch.

Best regards.

Hopefully we know something then.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

It's mind blowing when the CEO has to weigh in on a patch.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Tokyo-J wrote:I emailed G.Rev about the patch.

This is the answer I have received.

Give us a few days to comment on this. The CEO was out of the office all
day. We know you and other fans have been waiting for a patch.

Best regards.

Hopefully we know something then.
I am sure that they've slready got a patch but I guess they couldn't release it due to stupid MS policies as always. Now there is a chance so let's hope it happens.
rancor

Post by rancor »

brentsg wrote:It's mind blowing when the CEO has to weigh in on a patch.
Japanese work culture. Absolutely no one can make a decision about anything. All decision making regarding anything (regular, or decaf?) is immediately kicked upstairs. I know thats how everything works in a large to medium company, but it is a bit surprising for a studio the size of G.Rev.. What do they have there, 3 employees?
antares

Post by antares »

Thanks for the heads-up HydrogLox!
WTB: Arkanoid II Revenge Of Doh PCB, Outzone PCB, Fixeight PCB
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Another update on the patch.

Thanks for your patience on the patch/update issue for the Japanese
version of Under Defeat HD (XBox 360 & PS3).

As of June 27, we submitted the master for the patch (360) / update (PS3)
and it should be available in just a few more weeks. Please note again
that this is for the Japanese domestic version of the game (though I
believe you imported a copy of this version).

Though we will probably announce an official date on Facebook once we
have confirmation from the platforms, I can send you an e-mail if you
would like.

Thanks again for your patience.

Best regards,
G.rev
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Danny

Post by Danny »

Tokyo-J wrote:Another update on the patch.

Thanks for your patience on the patch/update issue for the Japanese
version of Under Defeat HD (XBox 360 & PS3).

As of June 27, we submitted the master for the patch (360) / update (PS3)
and it should be available in just a few more weeks. Please note again
that this is for the Japanese domestic version of the game (though I
believe you imported a copy of this version).

Though we will probably announce an official date on Facebook once we
have confirmation from the platforms, I can send you an e-mail if you
would like.

Thanks again for your patience.

Best regards,
G.rev
OK thats wonderful but what about the folks who own non-jap versions of the game?
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

Have we got any idea what is in the patch?

Is it going to stop enemies from firing when they offscreen?
To go "full-Plank" - colloquial - To experience disproportionate levels of frustration as a result of resistance to completing a task. Those who go "full-Plank" very rarely recover.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

DrTrouserPlank wrote:Have we got any idea what is in the patch?

Is it going to stop enemies from firing when they offscreen?
I will ask them and let everyone know.
nZero

Post by nZero »

Patch for 360 version scheduled for 7/17, with PS3 version following.

http://www.grev.co.jp/blog/archives/513
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

My version is the American PSN and suffers from terrible slowdowns.
G.Rev could provide an update to fix the problem ...
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Kobayashi wrote:My version is the American PSN and suffers from terrible slowdowns.
G.Rev could provide an update to fix the problem ...
It's a shmup? Or do you mean inaccurate slowdown?
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

AntiFritz wrote:It's a shmup? Or do you mean inaccurate slowdown?
Put another way, the game suffers from abnormal slowness when the action on the screen increases. I saw videos of the Dreamcast version and in this version the problem is minimized. In the Xbox 360 version, from what I could see, the problem is also smaller too.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

Not to delegitimize the fact that the game currently has performance problems, but UDHD should be treated as a separate game from the arcade/DC version that doesn't need to conform to an arcade standard. Furthermore, New Order with analog aiming should be considered the primary mode of the game, while the "arcade" mode is a reworking of New Order that merely brings it closer to the original version.
Darksakul

Post by Darksakul »

Pretas wrote:Not to delegitimize the fact that the game currently has performance problems, but UDHD should be treated as a separate game from the arcade/DC version that doesn't need to conform to an arcade standard. Furthermore, New Order with analog aiming should be considered the primary mode of the game, while the "arcade" mode is a reworking of New Order that merely brings it closer to the original version.
Analog aiming for a shmup seems "unkosher".

I should be able to use a normal arcade stick with a shmup for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
"WARNING NO REFUGE"
"BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS"

1: BE CARELESS
2: GO GO HEART
3: ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Darksakul wrote:I should be able to use a normal arcade stick with a shmup for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
And you can. The dual stick analog control is simply a concession to modern console controllers and the fact that many people are used to using them in other genres. But in contrast to the 16:9 playing field it is neither a necessary nor primary adaptation for the "New Order" version of Under Defeat HD.

Dual stick control makes perfect sense for multi-directional shooters like Geometry Wars Retro Evolved and possibly a remake of Zero Gunner 2 - especially when you have the full freedom of 360° rotation. Personally I feel that abandoning the traditional "Under Defeat" single stick control scheme in "Under Defeat HD" diminishes the overall "Under Defeat" flavor of the game. At first the single stick control scheme is a pain in the neck to get used to because it places additional constraints on a standard vertical STG control scheme; i.e. you can't shoot when changing orientation and you need to shoot to lock the orientation - but that is an intrinsic part of an "Under Defeat"-style game. It is simply a matter of patience but eventually the single stick control scheme will click. Initial preference may draw some people to the dual stick control option but in a sense they are playing a somewhat different flavor of the game*** - but that may be just what they need.

(*** which could also be said about playing with the VKL7.04(V)W or VKL6.02(A)P instead of the original VKL5.03(P) ship.)
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Patch was released this morning.

Enjoying playing this game in 4:3 the way it was meant to be played.

I'm glad I tipped them off that Microsoft is offering free patches to Xbox 360 games now. They were unaware until I emailed them.
ReSe2k

Post by ReSe2k »

Tokyo-J wrote:Patch was released this morning.

I'm glad I tipped them off that Microsoft is offering free patches to Xbox 360 games now. They were unaware until I emailed them.
Thanks to you Tokyo-J and G.rev! i too can now enjoy arcade mode in 4:3 tate :D
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Tokyo-J wrote:Patch was released this morning.

Holy fuck, that's great news! Good work, man! :D
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

£7 on Amazon. Might be worth a pick up now even though I have the DC original.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Just tried the J360 port again to see what the patch had addressed in regards to Arcade Mode.

As mentioned, 4:3 support is now correct. For those playing in tate, you no longer have to set the console to anamorphic widescreen and then set the background to Clear. Which also means proper overscan adjustment.
The stage 4 boss lock-on glitch has been fixed (the copter's shots now accurately target the smaller turrets).
Some odd instances of enemies being able to fire from off-screen have been fixed, but many still do this.
The bullet pattern density in some parts has been reduced to match the DC/NAOMI version better, but others areas remain unchanged from how HD Arcade was.
Slowdown still feels really awkward though.

Any other differences between the NAOMI/DC rev and the HD version are still in effect.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

So I noticed the latest update on 360 seems to have added New Order+, which I assume is the arcade version of New Order. Seems interesting, but does anyone know how the warning gauge works? Or any other gameplay differences? Noticed that the ship can now rotate a full 90 degrees as well in it.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

drunkninja24 wrote:So I noticed the latest update on 360 seems to have added New Order+, which I assume is the arcade version of New Order.
Arcade version means digital only controls, right?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

emphatic wrote:
drunkninja24 wrote:So I noticed the latest update on 360 seems to have added New Order+, which I assume is the arcade version of New Order.
Arcade version means digital only controls, right?
Yep.

Also played some more New Order+, I just dunno if I'm feeling it. I think it's mostly that I just don't understand the warning gauge. I can't figure out if there's a way I can control it, and stopping the entire stage progression for long enemy swarms just kinda interrupts the flow of the levels in a way I don't particularly like. Bullet speeds seem slower overall, and I like the increased rotation potential of the ship. I'll try to give it more time though. If anyone can shed some light on the new mechanics, it'd be greatly appreciated, I've had no real luck searching for them.
Weak Boson

Post by Weak Boson »

New Order+? Sounds cool. Is the patch available for the PAL version, 360 in particular?
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Weak Boson wrote:New Order+? Sounds cool. Is the patch available for the PAL version, 360 in particular?
Doesn't appear to have hit any of the western versions yet (my US PS3 version doesn't have it).
Mero

Post by Mero »

drunkninja24 wrote:So I noticed the latest update on 360 seems to have added New Order+, which I assume is the arcade version of New Order. Seems interesting, but does anyone know how the warning gauge works? Or any other gameplay differences? Noticed that the ship can now rotate a full 90 degrees as well in it.
Yeah came out in the arcades about 2 months ago and information on it seems to be almost non existant since then. Last I checked there's literally no videos of it on Youtube or Nico. What little information I was able to glean off 2ch seemed to suggest that it isn't very good, something about the controls being crap (at least in the arcade version).

I think this whole project must have been a bit of a flop for G.rev, they didn't even bother announcing New Order+ coming to 360 (first I heard of it was 2 minutes ago when I read your post).

EDIT:PS3 patch on the 6th of August.
superstarsiro

Post by superstarsiro »

Was the patch actually released on ps3? With my eu account it didn't show up yet. I tried to log with my us account but still no patch.
I was wondering if maybe eu and us versions are different so patch is not applied.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

superstarsiro wrote:Was the patch actually released on ps3? With my eu account it didn't show up yet. I tried to log with my us account but still no patch.
I was wondering if maybe eu and us versions are different so patch is not applied.
They told me the Patch is for Japanese versions only at this time.
superstarsiro

Post by superstarsiro »

Does anyone know if last boss' cannon return fire has a discernible pattern or is it random?
I cannot understand and it is the last obstacle between me and a sought after 1cc... :)