Cave (Shooter?) on Android

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Quantium

Re: Cave (Shooter?) on Android

Post by Quantium »

Both work fine on my Acer Iconia A500. Had to install them from a seperate .apk, but after using lucky patcher, then uninstalling, both work like a charm. Doesn't make sense since both are listed as "incompatible" on the Google Play store.
Tetsuo

Post by Tetsuo »

Just bought my 1st tablet (Eepad-transformer) excuse my stupidness but i cant find the cave shooters anywhere in the play store, can anyone help please? :oops: :oops:
Waitng for the ultimate shooter.
Matskat

Post by Matskat »

I've tested the US market versions of both 'galuda 2 and Dodonpachi on three devices: Kindle Fire, Galaxy Nexus, and a Nexus 7.

Both work flawlessly on the KF and the G-Nex, but I got the "This app is incompatible with your device" when trying to install it on the Nexus 7.

Easy fix to play on "incompatible" device:

1.Pay for and install the game on a compatible device (in this case my Galaxy Nexus)
2.Use a backup app like Titanium or Gemini to backup the .apk's for the G-gee installer(s)
3.Save the .apk's EITHER to your Google Drive, Dropbox, Box.com, or local SD card.
4a. (optional) Move the backed-up .apk to your target device and install
4b. (optional) On your target device, navigate to your Google Drive, Dropbox, local storage or whatever and install the .apk
5. Launch the game and allow it to pull down it's data files

The above method worked frawlessry on my Nexus 7.

I hope that we eventually get the same Cave games available on iOS....Mushi HD, Bug Panic, DOJ HD, etc....
See ing DOJ and Mushi on my buddy's iPad is pretty impressive....the Android ports look a bit shit in comparison....but I'm not complaining!

I've paid twice for each of these games, now. I originally bought them both when they launched on the Japanese market and it was a PAIN IN THE ASS to get them to work, so it's nice to have them available outside the Asian markets.

ALSO, If anybody needs help in Android, feel free to PM me - I'm glad to help out....
Mat$kaT
http://matskatcustoms.wordpress.com
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32709
"This is not similation. Get ready to destoroy the enemy. Target for the weak points of f**kin' machine. Do your best you have ever done."
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

Oh snap I didn't know these were available outside Japan now ... installing the DDP Lite to check it out ...

Good tip on side-loading the APK for other devices. I have an HP Touchpad with Android as well as my HTC Evo 3D, but Google play won't let me install to the Touchpad.
Amano Jacu

Post by Amano Jacu »

Matskat wrote: 1.Pay for and install the game on a compatible device (in this case my Galaxy Nexus)
2.Use a backup app like Titanium or Gemini to backup the .apk's for the G-gee installer(s)
3.Save the .apk's EITHER to your Google Drive, Dropbox, Box.com, or local SD card.
4a. (optional) Move the backed-up .apk to your target device and install
4b. (optional) On your target device, navigate to your Google Drive, Dropbox, local storage or whatever and install the .apk
5. Launch the game and allow it to pull down it's data files
I have bought ESPgaluda II from the google play in my Samsung Galaxy S, and I also bought Dodonpachi some months ago from the Samsung HUB (paying through Paypal). I also have a EEEPad ASUS transformer, and the lite version of ESPgaluda II works fine, but the full version says it's not compatible... And since I didn't buy dodonpachi in the play store, I can't install it outside my samsung phone. I think I'll try this.

Can you asy something more about those apps? Do they require rooted device (mines aren't)? I'm installing Gemini Appmanager now.

EDIT: Just followed the steps and both games work like charm in my tablet! Thanks!
Matskat

Post by Matskat »

Glad that I could provide some useful advice!

It's awesome that you guys were able to use my method to get these games working!

:)
Mat$kaT
"This is not similation. Get ready to destoroy the enemy. Target for the weak points of f**kin' machine. Do your best you have ever done."
Matskat

Post by Matskat »

I just acquired an HP TouchPad today, and got both Espgaluda II and DDP:R working by using my own method above.

They run WAAAY better on my Nexus 7, but still....they work.

FTI - Brazing Star runs like a fuckin' champ on the HP....way better experience than the Nexus...it seems for shooters, a larget tablet is magnitudes better for play....IMHO
Mat$kaT
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I tried the ESPGaluda II demo on my new phone (my first-ever smart-phone), an HTC OneX.

I would have to say that the demo itself ran fine, with no noticeable slowdown, but the touch-controls for arcade mode were a little confusing (then again, I only played it once). However, I'll probably end up grabbing this, and Space Invaders Infinity Gene, for shmupping on the go.
yosai

Post by yosai »

DFK has been updated and now works on Android 4.2 with sound. \o/
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Is it possible to install/run the android versions of DDP-DFK and ESPgaluda on the Ouya gaming console just for fun (or better yet, shits and giggles)?

What steps would be necessary to get them both to run properly on an Ouya (a step by step tutorial would be nice)?

Of course, I do have the above Cave titles on the 360 and DDP-DFK 1.5 as a PCB but thought it'd be cool to see if the android versions of the above Cave shmups could run on the Ouya.

I see that there are two more Android Cave shmup titles by the name of Bug Princess and Deathsmiles as well. Hmmm, could these latter two titles run on the Ouya as well?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
nasty_wolverine

Post by nasty_wolverine »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:Is it possible to install/run the android versions of DDP-DFK and ESPgaluda on the Ouya gaming console just for fun (or better yet, shits and giggles)?

What steps would be necessary to get them both to run properly on an Ouya (a step by step tutorial would be nice)?

Of course, I do have the above Cave titles on the 360 and DDP-DFK 1.5 as a PCB but thought it'd be cool to see if the android versions of the above Cave shmups could run on the Ouya.

I see that there are two more Android Cave shmup titles by the name of Bug Princess and Deathsmiles as well. Hmmm, could these latter two titles run on the Ouya as well?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
I think it should, you might have to edit the buildprop. But i dont know much about OUYA.
Elysian Door - Naraka (my WIP PC STG) in development hell for the moment
majik989s

Post by majik989s »

I just got a new Droid Mini and unfortunately the G-Gee loader no longer works so I don't have access to any of the Cave titles. Such a shame because I really wanted to play bug panic on the go. :?
"Only entertains itself."- USA Today
doom_

Post by doom_ »

Are there still any playable cave games on android? It seems everything is gone :(
SapphireDensetsu

Post by SapphireDensetsu »

doom_ wrote:Are there still any playable cave games on android? It seems everything is gone :(
Mahou Otome. All the G-Gee ports have been delisted, and they're probably not going to be coming back.
Devdan

Post by Devdan »

Why were they delisted though, and why can't you play them if you bought them? Makes me glad I don't make a habit of buying smartphone garbage, but DDP was surprisingly playable. DS was ok too, albeit less optimized.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

CAVE outsourced the Android ports of DFK and Espgaluda to G-Gee and that company never updated the apps to be compatible with newer versions of Android. There's some online check the apps perform before launching and I think that's broken now.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Devdan

Post by Devdan »

But I was able to play DDP during my semester in Tokyo, and I was in airplane mode the whole time. Makes no sense. Smartphone games suck. PC games suck. Never had a console game randomly cease to function on me.
rocklite

Post by rocklite »

Please anyone with data files or info regarding these games contact me. Where there is a will there Is a way.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

rocklite wrote:Please anyone with data files or info regarding these games contact me. Where there is a will there Is a way.

These games are forever lost (on android). I searched for months and there are simply no backups on the internet sadly.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

el_rika wrote:
rocklite wrote:Please anyone with data files or info regarding these games contact me. Where there is a will there Is a way.

These games are forever lost (on android). I searched for months and there are simply no backups on the internet sadly.
Cave recently put out a survey on their mobile ports and it's on English as well. Perhaps we can ask for Espgaluda II, Deathsmiles, and DDP DFK to be updated to work on new devices: https://twitter.com/cavegames/status/11 ... 7115801600
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Oniros wrote:
el_rika wrote:

Cave recently put out a survey on their mobile ports and it's on English as well. Perhaps we can ask for Espgaluda II, Deathsmiles, and DDP DFK to be updated to work on new devices: https://twitter.com/cavegames/status/11 ... 7115801600
They should put out a survey for a new arcade game or do a kickstarter.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain