I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Jonst

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by Jonst »

Congrats harpuia, nice clear! 8)
"Just fire and forget" 1cc List
chempop

Post by chempop »

Congrats on clearing ESPrade! I hope you enjoyed that final boss, one of Joker Jun's great finales.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Harpuia wrote:Finally got my ESP Ra.De clear. This game is tougher than I thought it'd be, and the uneven hitbox (it's slightly below the neck, and not in the middle of the body like I thought for a while) is something that I'm still not completely comfortable with. My score is probably crap, but hey, I'm just happy to have this clear out of the way for now.

Congrats man. That's a tough clear.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Thanks all!
The Armchair General wrote:
Nice! Now try White label :evil:
Hmm.. nahhh.

Grats Harpuia, esp.rade gave me such a headache that I lost the fun, and gave it up.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Harpuia

Post by Harpuia »

Thanks guys! And yeah, ESP Ra.De isn't an easy clear, there were times I thought about giving up. I think it might be the toughest CAVE shooter I've cleared, with Guwange behind it, Daioujou BL 1-ALL as third, and the Dodonpachi 1-ALL being the easiest. Next up is Strikers 1999, and then probably a short break from CAVE and Psikyo with something else.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

I'm gonna try and do it again for a recording (maybe with Exy this time), then it's onwards to a tougher challenge.
I did it. But the inp file De-syncs ffs. =[

It seems to be because when I run the rom the cursor defaults to the second option: new version/black label. So I had no need to select it, just hit A.
However when playing back the inp, the cursor begins at old version.
So to record an inp you'd have to manually hit down every time?

Shit. Is there any way to save my first recording?

Edit: Man that's odd, i messed around with some settings, deleted nvram folder, still didn't work.
Tried again after arbitary fiddling and now it works. I still don't understand though.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Got 1CC on Batsugun (original) with Type B :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5n-GgoPVs8
Harpuia

Post by Harpuia »

Congrats on Batsugun! I've been thinking on going for either that or V-V for a first Toaplan clear.
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

I finally cleared Strikers 1945 Plus (both loops) after a few months of practice. Apparently I'm the first to do so on this forum, and thus by default I also now have the forum record lol.

Here's the video for those who are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKT2bKsfYC4
chempop

Post by chempop »

Been years since I played MMP and had only gotten to 2-2 in 1.01 before. Decided to go for the 1.00 1-all, it's MUCH more challenging than 1.01. Took a few days of practice and:

Then I tried 1.01 to compare and got to the 2-3 boss on my first go! with a new PB of 138million, not bad! :D
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Nice work Chem and Peggy :o
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Nice job guys!
pegboy wrote:I finally cleared Strikers 1945 Plus (both loops) after a few months of practice. Apparently I'm the first to do so on this forum, and thus by default I also now have the forum record lol.

Here's the video for those who are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKT2bKsfYC4
I watched the second loop of your video - impressive execution! Were the bombs mostly planned or are they reactionary?
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

Shepardus wrote:Nice job guys!
pegboy wrote:I finally cleared Strikers 1945 Plus (both loops) after a few months of practice. Apparently I'm the first to do so on this forum, and thus by default I also now have the forum record lol.

I watched the second loop of your video - impressive execution! Were the bombs mostly planned or are they reactionary?
All of the bombs were planned up front except for 2 panic bombs right before the stage 2-2 blimp boss. They actually didn't help me much because the kill shots I was worried had already passed me by the time I could react and the bomb went off lol, so they were essentially wasted bombs. The bomb I used on the 2-5 sub boss was probably unnecessary as well but at that point I just didn't want to fuck up and lose a life there.

The only bosses in the game where I'm not confident I could no-miss them consistently are the randomized mid bosses of stage 7, and the airplane boss first form. I used a lot of bombs on stuff just to be safe and preserve my lives, dying and losing bombs, especially early in loop 2, really sucks lol.
gimebe

Post by gimebe »

Judgement Silversword on Hard, with the default ship. It feels great to finally clear something after switching to stick.

Stream
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Amazing, congrats. You learned JSS in such a short time too. That final boss rush was beautiful
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Cleared Assault Plus finally.

https://www.twitch.tv/aquas_/v/62876839
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1AH_sNDG18 (not available in the US)
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
yudha990

Post by yudha990 »

1cc xevious 3d/g (AT LAST!)

Granted an easier game than most "hardcore" shumps but still proud :D
Shump and racing fans, UNITE!
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Grats Aquas, that's a long game.

And well done yudha, isn't xevious 3D balls hard? definitely something to be proud of.
Last edited by Blinge on Sun May 08, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yudha990

Post by yudha990 »

Well, constantly playing for 6 months helps, also woth the fact that shooting is autofire, and the bullet pattern are not as thick as, say, bullet hells. I do finish this in 1 credit, but last life left. Heart was almost running through the chest, but was coming back when the boss is killed (Seriously, who thought that damage the boss around 4-6 times is a good idea?).

Also, just realized that my score is 2,484,840. Such a good number for this achievement.
Shump and racing fans, UNITE!
Harpuia

Post by Harpuia »

Strikers 1945 III/1999 1-ALL clear. Difficulty-wise I think it fits somewhere between Strikers I and II, although after switching to the BF-109 in Strikers I've rethought my position on it being the hardest. The stages are really, really easy, and the later bosses are very hard, but the game also gives you more bombs than the other two so I guess it evens out.

trap15

Post by trap15 »

Cleared Thunder Dragon 2 a short while ago, never thought it'd happen at all, let alone so soon. Started yelling "what the fuck dude" and jumping around as the last boss died and forgot to get some of the end bonus letters :lol:

Needless to say, incredibly excited.

@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
chempop

Post by chempop »

SWEET, congrats Trap :D
(you are the piece of cake)
Last edited by chempop on Sat May 07, 2016 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

YEEHURR, congrats man!
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

Spoiler
Finally No Missed every route in DariusBurst PSP.
Because of the lack of blue orbs in Zone K, it was actually harder than any of the AC Original routes.
KoopaTGR

Post by KoopaTGR »

WOAH it's beautiful!! :lol:

AWESOME work trap, this has to be your most impressive clear yet!
How long did it take you and which ship type do you prefer? Did you use autofire?
trap15

Post by trap15 »

I've been playing it for a couple years now, no idea how many hours, probably a couple hundred. I preferred P2 for the longest time, but eventually realized P1 is way way way easier for survival, so I use P1 most of the time now (and that's what I cleared with). And yeah, 30Hz autofire is basically a must. IMO, P2 has a scoring advantage for the first 5 stages, then it gets hit hard with how relatively weak it is. P1 is incredibly good at the back half of the game due to the spread and point-blanking. Just gotta get used to not zipping all over the screen like you can with P2.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
doom_

Post by doom_ »

Touhou 6 easy mode. Just took a few hours of practice. Felt good nevertheless. Gotta start somewhere I guess.
The Armchair General

Post by The Armchair General »

^^^^^

Congrats Trap and AxelMill

I got a Donpachi (USA) 2-ALL (vid)

The USA version is quit a bit easier then the Japanese because in the USA version you get all of your bomb stocks refilled and the bullet speed and density is reduced. The ladder actually makes the game harder in a couple spots (check the description of my video for the full list).

The run itself is awful up until 2-5 in which I manage to no miss the stage and proceed to 1 bomb both the 2-5 boss and Taisabachi/Hachi.

Oh yea, try not to mind the border images if you don't like 2hu memes or if you like good photoshops.

Also Doom congrats! Everyone's gotta start from somewhere :)
lmagus

Post by lmagus »

Mushihimesama Original 1cc!!

Took me 8 days :) I'm very happy
doom_

Post by doom_ »

I always wonder what mode you guys refer to when talking about "original"? novice, normal, 1.5 - makes a huge difference obviously.