I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
AxelMill

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by AxelMill »

Eaglet wrote:How long have you practiced the stage?
I demand to know it, too.

Holy crap, that was awe-inspiring. It also made me feel even more insignificant. The only notable thing I did on Touhou was 1CC'ing that same game, Imperishable Night. On easy. After having died at the final survival-only bullet pattern. Yay me.
ryu

Post by ryu »

Heh, obviously he spammed the pause button and played on an emulator. :roll: :roll:

No really, great job!
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Sakurei

Post by Sakurei »

AxelMill wrote:
Eaglet wrote:How long have you practiced the stage?
I demand to know it, too.

Holy crap, that was awe-inspiring. It also made me feel even more insignificant. The only notable thing I did on Touhou was 1CC'ing that same game, Imperishable Night. On easy. After having died at the final survival-only bullet pattern. Yay me.
I've played the stage for 450-500 hours. Having played the stage with two different score files makes me unable to pinpoint it more than that. In total I've had about 5000 resets, and put together practiced the attacks 15,000 times (some more and some of them less). It may be more than that but I don't remember my numbers from my old score file very well.
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

Got to admire that dedication.
Do you still find it fun or is it just a matter of execution?
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
Sakurei

Post by Sakurei »

Eaglet wrote:Got to admire that dedication.
Do you still find it fun or is it just a matter of execution?
It's still fun. I'll probably improve the run in the future after doing some other categories.
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

Sakurei wrote: It's still fun. I'll probably improve the run in the future after doing some other categories.
Good to hear. It's the same thing I've heard from all WR holders in the past.
Good luck in the future!
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
MRydralle

Post by MRydralle »

(Astebreed)

Thank you to whoever told me to take a few days' break from Astebreed after a day of frustration (quite a few runs that went below my current Hard/Xbreed PB of 48.1m as of that date).

I spent the majority of the meantime playing other games, even other STGs (mostly DBCS and Mushi), so I decided to do a sole run today before I play some RPGs. There was a day in-between that I just did Stage 5 practice in, nothing else. Went for this full run and got 1.8m above PB. So close to 50 million. So close.

Inactive.
japtor

Post by japtor »

Two little things in Ketsui:

-Broke 100M. Been a long time coming, I figured I could get it after breaking 90M a while ago. Course I died on the last form of the last boss. I've 1CCd it before (granted only twice I think) but I just want my high to also be a clear.

-Not sure it's a triumph or anything I was even going for, but I got 95M and to the last boss with the Tiger Schwert on my first real attempt with it. I selected it on accident and figured I might as well try it out for once. Guess I should try it out more often.
SYJourney

Post by SYJourney »

Just managed to 1cc DOJ WL for the very first time. Even got the loop but died at the Stage 2-1 boss. I could've probably killed him with a laser bomb but I panicked too much.
Also yes, only 500 max hit. I've had better chains before I swear. My next goal is to learn how to chain better so that I can get alteast 100m.

Not my first 1cc or 1all tough, I already 1-alled DDP but that was atleast 2-3 years ago.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Nice work on WL clear! I once get through 1-4 and died in mid-stage. Yeah that was a lot of luck and concidence :lol:
SYJourney

Post by SYJourney »

copy-paster wrote:Nice work on WL clear! I once get through 1-4 and died in mid-stage. Yeah that was a lot of luck and concidence :lol:
Thank you! And yeah the 1-4 midsection is a huge pain, I still haven't figured out if my route for it actually works or if I'm just getting lucky with it.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

1-ALL of Dragon Blaze!
YouTube
This game is totally insane, but in an awesome way. Perhaps it would have been easier for me to get my first Psikyo 1-ALL in a different game, but Dragon Blaze drew me in the most. I don't think I'm done with Dragon Blaze; I want to get a 2-ALL eventually (as ridiculous as it looks to be), and I also want to learn some other characters. Rob's dismounted charge shot and high-damage dragon shot are incredibly useful for survival play, but he's a little slow for my liking. Quaid or Ian might suit me more, though it'll be hard to learn not to rely on Giga Wave. Gunbird 2 has also been calling out to me lately, though, especially after that demonstration at Wasshoi@Tokaigi.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Nice one Shep ^_^
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Thanks Blinge :)

Oh, and here's a little something from a couple hours before since I've done this on pretty much everything else I've cleared:

NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

So far I've 1-alled DB with Quaid, Sonia, and Rob. I've never made it past 2-1 though lol.

I think Ian is the hardest to play for survival over all. Mostly because he has the worst defense in the game (bomb is delayed AND only cancels a small number of bullets in front of him, and his mana recharge rate is super slow so he lacks some utility).

Sonia and Rob are both fun, the former is a nice balanced magic knight who's mana attacks are quite useful (Diamond Dust rips zako swarms to shreds). She doesn't have as good offensive power as the other 3 though, due to a longer Dragon Recall period. Rob is more of a straight up wizard who lives off of high damage mana attacks and planning with his Dragon placement. His Dragon Shoot does crazy damage though.

Quaid is the most balanced and easy to play IMO. He's basically the "Ryu" of the game. I really do like how all the characters feel different like that.

Congrats. It's not the easiet Psyikyo 1-all in terms of difficulty, but it's the easiest in terms of keeping your engagement high enough that you'll wanna keep on tackling it lol.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

This is lol tier, but I cleared Bullet Soul Infinite Burst this morning.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p1165756
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
ciox

Post by ciox »

finisherr

Post by finisherr »

SYJourney wrote:
copy-paster wrote:Nice work on WL clear! I once get through 1-4 and died in mid-stage. Yeah that was a lot of luck and concidence :lol:
Thank you! And yeah the 1-4 midsection is a huge pain, I still haven't figured out if my route for it actually works or if I'm just getting lucky with it.
I've got a basic route for everything on this stage except the horizontal sliding turrets. That's still a bit of luck of the draw. Tough spot for sure.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Shepardus wrote:1-ALL of Dragon Blaze!
YouTube
This game is totally insane, but in an awesome way. Perhaps it would have been easier for me to get my first Psikyo 1-ALL in a different game, but Dragon Blaze drew me in the most. I don't think I'm done with Dragon Blaze; I want to get a 2-ALL eventually (as ridiculous as it looks to be), and I also want to learn some other characters. Rob's dismounted charge shot and high-damage dragon shot are incredibly useful for survival play, but he's a little slow for my liking. Quaid or Ian might suit me more, though it'll be hard to learn not to rely on Giga Wave. Gunbird 2 has also been calling out to me lately, though, especially after that demonstration at Wasshoi@Tokaigi.
Good work. Dragon blaze is a great game. I need to find some time to get back into shmupping.
ElOhTeeBee

Post by ElOhTeeBee »

I have finally 1CC'd an arcade shmup. (Well, not counting some of the easier routes in DBCS, anyway.)

Ver1.5, Original, W-Power.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Congrats dude
:mrgreen:
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
S_Fang

Post by S_Fang »

Today, I finished in 1CC Crimzon Clover WI with Type-I.

Granted, it was on Novice and its generous lives pick-ups, but is still something to start with.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

That's quite the beautiful end screen.

If you never cleared it, person reading this post, and you are wondering what that means, it's
Crimson Clover World Ignition wrote:Shooters will never die. Let's pray so that the lucky clover will always be in your heart.
Or something like that. Never excelled at Italian-English translations.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

That's honestly less Engrishy than what's actually in the English version of the game: "Shooting Game never die. Praying that the lucky clover will always be in your heart."
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
ciox

Post by ciox »

Did kek at "sparatutto" which means "shoot-everything" if translated literally, one of those funny regional things though it's got nothing on "matamarcianos"
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

Shepardus wrote:That's honestly less Engrishy than what's actually in the English version of the game: "Shooting Game never die. Praying that the lucky clover will always be in your heart."
That's the first time an Italian localization is done better than the English one. Either that, or there was actually no one translating the game to English.
ciox wrote:Did kek at "sparatutto" which means "shoot-everything" if translated literally, one of those funny regional things though it's got nothing on "matamarcianos"
Unfortunately, after shmups went niche, sparatutto has been used to indicate FPS/TPS. I just call "our" genre "shmup".
Huh, now you got me curious. I suppose "Mata" means (the imperative form of) kill, but I can't imagine the rest. And Google isn't helping me much, except for "arcade" here and there.
ciox

Post by ciox »

You're close, it's "kill martians", since most shmups are space-based and you fight aliens, must have been coined around the Galaga era or something.
S_Fang

Post by S_Fang »

ciox wrote:Did kek at "sparatutto" which means "shoot-everything" if translated literally, one of those funny regional things though it's got nothing on "matamarcianos"
That's how we italian gamers call the genre, thanks to the sane gaming journalism we have. More specifically, we call it "sparatutto a scorrimento verticale/orizzontale" (vertical/horizontal scrolling shoot'em all) in order to distinguish the games inside the macro-category of "sparatutto".
AxelMill wrote:That's the first time an Italian localization is done better than the English one. Either that, or there was actually no one translating the game to English.
Agree, italian's videogame translations are usually hit or miss, but the original phrase was written in english by Yotsubane, and we all know that japs aren't aces with the english language (engrish yes, but not certified english).
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I got the ABDHLQV clear.

Pretty easy to stick with Taito since I still don't have my DC. Really want to play UD and Mars Matrix..
My lord, I have come for you.