I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BIL

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by BIL »

God damn, congrats! :shock: That's a helluva grudge match. :mrgreen: Classy ending sign-off too, as expected of NMK. :cool:
MJR

Post by MJR »

Thanks :) for the last few weeks, I had been playing Hamster release of this on Switch with my new hori arcade stick. But, I never got further than stage 5. While the hamster release is very good, and the arcade hori stick is excellent, I had issues playing it on 65" OLED, either screen is too big or I'm too far away. Also the switch version has a very slight lag. I am on the top 10 on the scoreboards on the hamster's release, but it wasn't good enough for me.

So, I installed the arcade PCB for just one go, and, BOOM! Immediate 1cc :D :D :D
Verticen

Post by Verticen »

Battle Bakraid Normal Course 1CC Lightning Wolf 6,924,040 (vid)
Pretty good score for Lightning Wolf. I cannot find a higher western score for Lightning Wolf, so possibly western wr?
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Verticen wrote:Battle Bakraid Normal Course 1CC Lightning Wolf 6,924,040 (vid)
Pretty good score for Lightning Wolf. I cannot find a higher western score for Lightning Wolf, so possibly western wr?
I forgot how much I like Bakraid. Was watching this and humming the tunes the entire time. Such a killer game. Great run.
wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

I got a nb clear (very first time for me) in stage part of 2-5 on progear ........ ofc just in practice.

My consistency is just about as bad as it gets though. So even the thought of trying a full run is completely out of question.

============

My routing is typical and survival based (and, I think, doesn't seem too different from I have seen normally in replays).

One difference that is somewhat substantial though is the part where the initial diagonal scrolling stops (the part where the two big tanks with fast directed bullets appear). What I have seen normally is that players seem to destroy the first tank and then dodge the attacks of the second tank without firing any shots (and hence without destroying it). My guess is that, apparently, a lot of smaller popcorn enemies don't seem to be triggered in this way [that's my guess because it seems something similar happens on stages 3 and 4 too]. At any rate, I just destroy both of the tanks immediately (since, somehow, doing it in the above way doesn't seem satisfactory to me).
Steven

Post by Steven »

I finally got my first 2-all today on the Mega Drive port of Slap Fight. Made it to 3-60. Forgot to turn on Toaplan mode, but I rarely use the shield anyway.
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

Just 1cc'ed Deathsmiles on NSW. Ended with a paltry score of 59,817,662. Didn't do the Canyon, but I did do all of the stages except the first 2 on rank 3. Didn't want to deal with suicide bullets. It is definitely a very fun game and not punishingly difficult. Seems like a good gateway game if you are starting into score chasing. And man everytime I fought Jitterbug that damn Wham! song would play in my head.
To Far Away Times

The Switch version of DariusBurst AC was on sale for only $20, so I double dipped on it. Wasn't sure how much I was going to play it, since I had already beaten all the arcade courses except for the last two EX courses. Played a credit and was hooked again. It's been a few years since I played it, so I had to relearn most of the game again. This version of the game automatically saves replays which is fucking awesome. In the last few days I managed to 1CC all the original courses again, but this time with replays. 8)

ADH
ADI
AEJ
BFK
CGL

The last run, CGL, really turned out quite well. I got a quick kill on Great Thing with some good positioning of the burst laser, and still had three hits left on my shield. Making this run a no miss. Years ago when I tackled Great Thing I struggled pretty hard on him, barely squeaking out a clear with no ships remaining. It's fun to see how your skills evolve and improve over the years when revisiting old games.
jehu

Post by jehu »

I was giving a few shmups on Mister test spins to get away from my main SqueezeTG of the moment - OG Raiden (being a real bitch lately, yeah?). Decided to give U.N. Squadron a try, and pulled out the 1CC on the first go. Probably the last time I'll 1CC a proper arcade shmup on the initial rendezvous; didn't expect it to be so baby soft, though I was completely shameless about scooping up those shields.

A good one for those "Fun and Easy 1CC" seekers. Nice little dollop of dopamine for the head.
Sir Ilpalazzo

Post by Sir Ilpalazzo »

Got a clear of Mahou Daisakusen. I hadn't played any full runs for a couple weeks, and furthermore my last practice sessions had me completely stumped on how to deal with the boss rush in stage 6 (I was on the brink of making a detailed thread asking for information in the strategy section of the forum, actually), so I wasn't expecting to get a clear without a few more dedicated practice sessions - but in the end I was able to bypass the boss rush with minimal knowledge by bringing enough resources into it, so it worked out.

I love the game for its strong presentation and exciting, manic level design, but it does have some rough edges that grate on me - the excessive randomness of the stage 5 boss (who gave me a particularly generous and bizarre fight in this clear), the lineup of bosses who appear in the boss rush at the end, almost all of whom seem kind of absurd in some way, and the game's penchant for fast-moving, erratically-firing enemies who keep firing from the bottom of the screen. All of this combined with its relatively harsh recoveries on death drag it down a bit. It feels like the game was designed around the idea that you should just bomb through anything mildly dangerous, given how many bombs you're given during a run, which feels a little more like a bandaid for some rough and unpolished design than a fully satisfying design decision. Despite this paragraph sounding pretty negative, I think it's a really great and highly enjoyable shooter overall though. I'm going to have to get around to giving Shippuu some more time soon.
kevinmaccioly

Post by kevinmaccioly »

Finally, the 1cc came!

Done with Touhou 6 EOSD for now, managed to clear it with Reimu A on hard. Had been trying for quite a while, which made clearing it on Normal a cakewalk. But damn it, hard earns its name! I finally found out about thpractice, which managed to make finding strategies for stages 4 and 5 way easier. I figured optimal (to the extent of my skills) routes, which i still have to fully internalize. After that, I made a spreadsheet figuring out how to bomb the parts I'm not consistent in surviving, being quite generous with it's use. Not proud of having to resource to something like this, but, not long after it, came the clear.

A most glorious feeling.

There's not a lot of guides of clearing th6 on Hard, so I think I'll make a video showing of what I managed to whip out, and I hope the community gives their input about other segments where there's a way out, or a way to improve.

To Far Away Times

Congrats. Touhou 06 is a really great game. Are you going to tackle the stage?
kevinmaccioly

Post by kevinmaccioly »

To Far Away Times wrote:Congrats. Touhou 06 is a really great game. Are you going to tackle the stage?
Thanks! You mean extra? Yeah, but I need a breather. Just like getting to Hibachi in DDP with save states, I know I'm not at the skill level to be able to tackle this challenge. For now, I think I'm going with Jamestown Gauntlet and Kamui on Hard.
quarkstarmuffin

Post by quarkstarmuffin »

I picked up an Armed Police Batrider pcb in January and finally managed to get a 1cc on Normal. The final 2 levels on Advanced seem a little too daunting though so I probably won't be attempting that anytime soon...
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

After ABDHLQV (the easiest rout) and ABEINSY (some say its even easier but I think, its harder because of the endboss) 1cc'ed ACFJOUZ in Darius Gaiden. I guess this should be a medium difficulty rout and it was really fun. Have learned more the bosses, used a bit more the regular autofire and got a better score than before.

https://youtu.be/fKseAJQKFCk
To Far Away Times

kevinmaccioly wrote:
To Far Away Times wrote:Congrats. Touhou 06 is a really great game. Are you going to tackle the stage?
Thanks! You mean extra? Yeah, but I need a breather. Just like getting to Hibachi in DDP with save states, I know I'm not at the skill level to be able to tackle this challenge. For now, I think I'm going with Jamestown Gauntlet and Kamui on Hard.
Ah, the dangers of typing on a mobile phone...yes meant the extra stage. I waited a little while to come back and challenge it. Definitely a fun little bonus, and really around the same difficulty or slightly harder than the six stage normal difficulty to be honest, due to extra's short run time and suprisingly generous resources. Memorization and figuring out routes is a bit easier even if the patterns are harder.
kevinmaccioly

Post by kevinmaccioly »

Was not expecting two 1CCs on a single day. Managed to clear Jamestown on Legendary on the 1st try. Seems like Th6 really was some training, up to Croatoa (stage 5), the game was a breeze. It's not my first clear on this difficulty, but last time was a while ago. I decided to start recording before I started to play, and was not expecting a 1cc.

Anyway, not a particularly great run, but still, not one I had to grind to get. It makes me happy to see 1ccs coming easier the more I play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48PYyGWOnG4
ZPScissors

Post by ZPScissors »

To Far Away Times wrote:
kevinmaccioly wrote:
Ah, the dangers of typing on a mobile phone...yes meant the extra stage. I waited a little while to come back and challenge it. Definitely a fun little bonus, and really around the same difficulty or slightly harder than the six stage normal difficulty to be honest, due to extra's short run time and suprisingly generous resources. Memorization and figuring out routes is a bit easier even if the patterns are harder.
Normal, Extra, and Hard aren't that far apart from each other in difficulty imo. (Hard to Lunatic is a massive jump in EoSD though)
kamadoma715

Post by kamadoma715 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dtx_xvCqtU

My first 1CC of Strikers 1945 on Child difficulty!
OmKol

Post by OmKol »

Oh, I forgot to post Crimzon Clover WE Arcade Unlimited ALL clear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOOfAL5rVL0
kamadoma715

Post by kamadoma715 »

https://youtu.be/WhIoixlMXGw

My first 1CC of Raging Blasters in Normal Solo mode. I love everything about this game. The run is a bit sloppy since I have not yet fully familiarized with everything, but it is easy enough for beginners to clear or even 1CC this in one sitting. I will definitely look forward to other games made by Terarin.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Cleared Sin and Punishment: Star Successor on Normal yesterday. Though I fucked up on the mano a mano fistfight with Deko in Stage 6...
To Far Away Times

Got a 1CC in G Darius HD earlier today.

Not my first time clearing the game, but I haven't played it in more than a decade, so other than remembering a few game mechanics, I pretty much had to spend the last few days learning this one over from scratch. I voted this game as my 11th favorite shmup of all time, and oh man, what a great game it is. This time I played on the fantastic Switch port. Taito never got the memo that shmups were falling out of fashion when developing G Darius. It has so many cool little touches and swaggy moments. The stage 4 boss battle, with its four part lazer counter, is arguably the best moment in shmup history. A game with this much love and care put into it, with an equally impressive port that goes the extra mile in every way possible... I really cannot express what a great combo this is.

This run was not a confident clear. I messed up the second stage boss lazer kill. I thought I was damaging it too much (due to an early improv lazer) so I stopped firing for a bit, and didn't get enough damage out of the lazer counter. Oops. The final stage was a nail biter. I had an unfortunate death in the final stretch before the last boss, and I thought the run was out of reach. Had to improv some parts of the final boss battle without my trusty capture I had planned on getting, and just barely squeezed out enough damage to kill the boss at the end. A bit of shit clear, but it comes with a replay and planet Darius was saved, so I'm happy.
NuclearPotato

Post by NuclearPotato »

Just got a 1-ALL for Last Alert this evening. Not a terribly hard game, if only because checkpoint recovery is quite lenient compared to R-Type and its ilk. Ultimately planning on getting the 2-ALL before all is said and done, which doesn't seem too bad from my initial run through it (though definitely tougher with the faster moving/firing enemies).
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

xxx1993 wrote:Cleared Sin and Punishment: Star Successor on Normal yesterday. Though I fucked up on the mano a mano fistfight with Deko in Stage 6...
Love this game. Probably my favorite game from Treasure, if not top 3. Did you do a 1cc?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Gamer707b wrote:
xxx1993 wrote:Cleared Sin and Punishment: Star Successor on Normal yesterday. Though I fucked up on the mano a mano fistfight with Deko in Stage 6...
Love this game. Probably my favorite game from Treasure, if not top 3. Did you do a 1cc?
I just said, I fucked up on the fistfight with Deko. I used a few continues on that part.
kamadoma715

Post by kamadoma715 »

https://youtu.be/8gAeEfg7Db8

My first ever 1CC of Mushihimesama in Novice Maniac!
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

Finally joined the DDP 2-ALL club after all these years:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yxwGQtqH-Y
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

pegboy wrote:Finally joined the DDP 2-ALL club after all these years:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yxwGQtqH-Y
sick
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

That’s a big get! Congrats on taking it down.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS