I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Sturmvogel Prime

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

Getting the elusive Rank SSS with Lale in Sisters Royale. I've already mentioned it in the High Score thread, but its still a triumph.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

Haven't played many shmups lately, but I have been putting some time into Pocky & Rocky/Kiki Kaikai: Nazo No Kuro Manto and manged to grab the 1 life clear. I'm basically just here to echo the sentiment that this game is great, and it's not too difficult to get into once you grasp the melee/dodge mechanics.

ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

I got a Cho ren sha 68k 2-ALL finally, took longer than expected.

BIL

Post by BIL »

Square_Air wrote:Haven't played many shmups lately, but I have been putting some time into Pocky & Rocky/Kiki Kaikai: Nazo No Kuro Manto and manged to grab the 1 life clear. I'm basically just here to echo the sentiment that this game is great, and it's not too difficult to get into once you grasp the melee/dodge mechanics.

Beautiful game. Out of curiosity, have you played The Ninja Warriors Again? It and Wild Guns form with KK Nazo what I like to call the SFC's Natsume Power Trio. All of 'em could've gone straight into cabs with minimal parameter tweaks. Much fond warbling herein Image
Weak Boson

Post by Weak Boson »

I got the Jet Buster Expert 1CC !

Such a fun game :3 This is the first shmup I've seriously played in a while and I couldn't put it down! I did use autofire tho. Reading BKR's old post about overlapping shots really made it a lot easier. Still, I feel satisfied with 200m and am super hyped to try Super XYX!!!
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

miwa wrote:Just got the B-Strong Omote 2-ALL in DoDonPachi Resurrection Ver1.5 on Steam!
Nice job! Done with the game or are you going to look at getting an Ura clear?
Square_Air wrote:Haven't played many shmups lately, but I have been putting some time into Pocky & Rocky/Kiki Kaikai: Nazo No Kuro Manto and manged to grab the 1 life clear. I'm basically just here to echo the sentiment that this game is great, and it's not too difficult to get into once you grasp the melee/dodge mechanics.
I haven't played it enough to really properly learn the game, but all of Natsume's SNES games seem to be exceptional. Well done!
copy-paster wrote:I got a Cho ren sha 68k 2-ALL finally, took longer than expected.
Congrats, it's a really satisfying clear to get.
Weak Boson wrote:Such a fun game :3 This is the first shmup I've seriously played in a while and I couldn't put it down! I did use autofire tho. Reading BKR's old post about overlapping shots really made it a lot easier.
Glad it helped. I was told that the overlap shot technique was absolutely intentional so I suspect a lot of the game balancing was designed around it. Sadly, the last two characters in the shop are actually the worst in the game IMO, due to them getting basically no overlap damage boost and ending up being functionally quite weak.
laurabuzz

Post by laurabuzz »

Just got my first ever 1-ALL, with Sengoku Ace (video)
had to make an account just to share >.> (long time listener first time caller & all that :P)

Huge thanks to ACSeraph for the useful guide. First time I learned what rank means, too.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

The first 1-ALL is a special thing indeed.

Welcome to the fold!
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

laurabuzz wrote:Just got my first ever 1-ALL, with Sengoku Ace (video)
had to make an account just to share >.> (long time listener first time caller & all that :P)

Huge thanks to ACSeraph for the useful guide. First time I learned what rank means, too.
Nice! That is a tough one to start with too.
laurabuzz

Post by laurabuzz »

Blinge wrote:Welcome to the fold!
Thanks a lot ^^
To Far Away Times wrote:Nice! That is a tough one to start with too.
Is it? :O I really just picked it because I liked the setting. I think about four years ago I found it clicking random articles on HG101 and after playing it, it was so fast, I thought, 'oh man... I want this to be the first game I 1cc.' And in the end it was! The 1cc difficulty ranking from Japanese wiki lists it at 12 out of 45, so on the easier side. I think getting to spam Aine's super-damaging invincible bombs helped a lot :P Loop 2 is kicking my ass, thats for sure.
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

Got the 3-ALL of Out Zone.

IMHO Toaplan's best game. Fun, fast paced, and the counterstop doesn't destroy your mind like a certain other Toaplan game that I shall not mention. I went down to my last life and the end of loop 2, and I thought loop 3 was going to be beyond my grasp, but I heroically no-missed through the whole loop! Of course my luck didn't last for long and I ended up getting stuck on a weird hitbox on the ship at the first screen of loop 4 and got shot in the back.
A noble warrior's death.Image
BIL wrote:
Beautiful game. Out of curiosity, have you played The Ninja Warriors Again? It and Wild Guns form with KK Nazo what I like to call the SFC's Natsume Power Trio. All of 'em could've gone straight into cabs with minimal parameter tweaks. Much fond warbling herein Image
Wild Guns is a game I haven't touched in ages, despite adoring it when I last played it. I definitely need to make some time for that clear, in fact, I definitely need to bully a friend into playing it with me Image. Shit was so cash. Unfortunately I have never experienced The Ninja Warriors Again, and haven't really put serious time into any beat 'em ups for that matter. I guess I can throw that on the list next to Final Fight for future endeavors.
BareKnuckleRoo wrote:I haven't played it enough to really properly learn the game, but all of Natsume's SNES games seem to be exceptional. Well done!
Thanks! Besides a few small gripes, I would have to agree that it's quite exceptional. It seems much harder than it actually is at first, but once the Takumi player in me remembered that there was a reflection mechanic, I went full hamburger with it to pretty great results. It is certainly worth putting some time into eventually.
laurabuzz wrote:Just got my first ever 1-ALL, with Sengoku Ace (video)

Congrats! Sengoku Ace is a great starting point for getting into Psikyo since the 1-ALL is relatively welcoming in comparison to their other games while still delivering those delicious fast bullets that make Psikyo my favourite shmup developer. Do you plan on playing any other Psikyo games in the near future/working on loop 2 of Sengoku Ace?
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
BIL

Post by BIL »

Square_Air wrote:Unfortunately I have never experienced The Ninja Warriors Again, and haven't really put serious time into any beat 'em ups for that matter. I guess I can throw that on the list next to Final Fight for future endeavors.
If it's any help, here's a quick startup guide I threw together. Nowhere as tough as Final Fight (AC), but lots of useful details in its engine. :smile: I wish more SFC brawlers had gone with straight 2D, four enemies onscreen is a lot when there's no sidestepping them. Its 2019 remake The Ninja Warriors Once Again (PS4/NSW) is great too - I hope they'll give Kiki a revamp as well, for a clean sweep of the whole trio.
miwa

Post by miwa »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:
miwa wrote:Just got the B-Strong Omote 2-ALL in DoDonPachi Resurrection Ver1.5 on Steam!
Nice job! Done with the game or are you going to look at getting an Ura clear?
Thank you very much! :D
I recently purchased an xbox360 with various cave games so I'll be working my way through those once my wrist has recovered (I think I'll go with Futari first).
Maybe I'll go for the Ura Clear sometime in the future but right now my skills aren't up for the task haha.
laurabuzz

Post by laurabuzz »

Congrats on the 3-ALL :O
Square_Air wrote:Congrats! Sengoku Ace is a great starting point for getting into Psikyo since the 1-ALL is relatively welcoming in comparison to their other games while still delivering those delicious fast bullets that make Psikyo my favourite shmup developer. Do you plan on playing any other Psikyo games in the near future/working on loop 2 of Sengoku Ace?
^^
I'm working on the 2-ALL right now. My personal goal is a score of 1.5m. I switched to Jane and figured out how to route for loop 1 pretty quickly (thanks 泥プレイヤー!), incl. how to do all those bosses I just bomb-spammed with Aine. Loop 2 is a huge leap up in difficulty, though... After clearing loop 1 in eight days, I'm on my third day of figuring out 2-1 >.>
I credit fed through most of the Psikyo catalogue last week and I've been really impressed with them, I hope I can sit down with more of their games in the future (esp. Dragon Blaze, I love the Dragon mechanic!), but the other game thats caught my eye atm is actually Raiden Fighters. Seibu games seem to have a lot of what I like about Psikyo ones - fast bullets and point blanking for speedkills (which they reward you for in Raiden Fighters with the 'Quickshot!' bonus; incidentally, couldn't they have found a better translation? :oops:), although unfortunately the planes dont turn into mechs and punch you like in Strikers 1945. Scoring looks fun in Raiden Fighters, and a little crazy. And I love that website - Raiden Fighter's Emporium, which also has resources for Psikyo games.

Whats your next goal? Counterstop Out Zone?
ashiteru73

Post by ashiteru73 »

Today 1CC'ed gradius 1
It was a really fun game :D , all be it a bit short
Maybe i should 1 CC all the gradius game :D
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Congratulations Ashiteru! I am a really big fan of Gradius. I played it on a whim not too long ago (I've 1cc'd it before) and got to stage 7, so I think I got at least another 1cc in me. It's really pleasant once you know what you are doing.

If you find it short you can always try to go for the 2all! :mrgreen: I want to 1cc Gradius II before I even think about doing something like that though.
laurabuzz

Post by laurabuzz »

Nice!
I love that game, but I could never beat it ><

If you do try to 1cc them all you should make a thread about your pogress or something... your own 'Gradius Gaiden' so to speak :P
I'd like to see you hit Nemesis '90 Kai on the x68K >:3
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Damn Gradius 1 is tough, congrats!
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

basic Batsugun Beltiana clear - video

no miss not too far away, just gotta learn stage 5
ashiteru73

Post by ashiteru73 »

yay Today i 1cc'ed gradius 2
Thanks for all the support on gradius 1 :D

"try to go for the 2all :mrgreen: "
thanks for the suggestion,i will definately do it sometime later

"If you do try to 1cc them all you should make a thread about your pogress or something... your own 'Gradius Gaiden' so to speak :P "
Thanks !, but i think posting in this thread is good enough

"Damn Gradius 1 is tough, congrats!"
Thank you !

Dam gradius 2 is harder than 1 :?
In gradius 1, once i figured out how to do stage 1, i basically first try the game until the last door closed, which was really funny :lol:
In gradius 2,i constantly died every minute or two, which was embarassing :oops: ,but i eventually 1 cc'ed it :D
Its a bit sad to say this, but i want to halt my 'Gradius Gaiden' for a while to enjoy some other shmups on my bucket list, hope you guy can understand :)
laurabuzz

Post by laurabuzz »

mycophobia wrote:basic Batsugun Beltiana clear - video
Nice!! Good luck on the no-miss
ashiteru73 wrote:yay Today i 1cc'ed gradius 2
Thanks for all the support on gradius 1
Congrats! In 5 days :shock:
Don't worry about 1cc-ing all the Gradius (Gradiī I suppose), I don't know that anyone has the patience to play through them all :P
(Although you stopped just short of my favourite mainline game, Gradius III >.>)

What are you thinking of next?

edit: oh you actually already no-miss'd Gradius 3 huh... man! I gotta up my game!
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Congratulations! I am on and off coming back to Gradius II myself; it's been on my shmup bucket list for a while. I am really out of practice though; I used to get to the boss rush and now I can't even get past the Moai stage. It will take some time before I am good again.

Gradius II really is harder than the first game; some levels are quite hectic and difficult. It's not Gradius III, but the game will push you to play your best and punish your mistakes.
laurabuzz wrote: edit: oh you actually already no-miss'd Gradius 3 huh... man! I gotta up my game!
Whoa, is this true? I've got some mad respect for you; that's crazy!
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

I always think Gradius I is way harder than II because enemy bullets are blazing fast at max rank, whereas in II you most likely need to memorize high-speed section and know to deal with crab walker, by doing so you're all set.
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

Batsugun (Original) no-miss with Beltiana: video

time to go for the Special ALL now
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

I am back!
With a 1cc of Dodonpachi Saidaioujou 360 Mode!
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Good to see some more scores from you Goompaolo! GG on SDOJ story mode clear. I always tell myself I'll set up xenia to play it finally, but it never seems to happen. One day.

I myself pushed through another personal best for Sisters Royale, so I'm pretty happy about that. Really great new shmup from the Castle Shikigami devs. #2 on the Switch leaderboards baby.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

A little Thunderforce VI on a lazy Labor Day. Gonna go back for a no-miss run at some point before this one returns to the shelf, but this will do for now.

Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

No-miss should not be too hard, last stage can get quite tricky with all enemies attack on all directions but at the same time it slows down so much.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

copy-paster wrote:No-miss should not be too hard, last stage can get quite tricky with all enemies attack on all directions but at the same time it slows down so much.
My first death was in the tunnel chase in the last level, and then I lost another at the "double disco robots" boss. Didn't die on either form of the final boss.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
laurabuzz

Post by laurabuzz »

EmperorIng wrote:#2 on the Switch leaderboards baby.
Wow! Huge achievement, congrats :O