I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
XoPachi

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by XoPachi »

Darius Gaiden 1CC just now.

4944460 points
A-B-D-H-L-Q-V
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Nice man that game is no joke
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

First 1cc in years -

ALL of Danmaku Unlimited 2 on hard mode - Classic

https://youtu.be/EukrPPiPZgk

you give me a choice of upgrades? I go all shields and extra lives... (and 1 laser)
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

Blinge wrote:Nice man that game is no joke
Thank you. Should probably get some proof of this too. I was in a hotel when I did it.

Risk Storage's stupid tinker toy vomit ate my last bomb so I'm shocked I had one life to spare after all of this.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Congrats, Darius Gaiden is no slouch on difficulty even on the "easy" routes!
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:Congrats, Darius Gaiden is no slouch on difficulty even on the "easy" routes!
Well, this makes me feel a bit relieved. I always feel like if I'm able to pull one of these runs off (the few times I can) then the game must not be that much of a challenge and therefore not worth celebrating a clear for...and usually I'd find that's the case.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

XoPachi wrote:Darius Gaiden 1CC just now.

4944460 points
A-B-D-H-L-Q-V

Congrats!! Just curious. What did you play it on and did you use auto fire? I love the look of this game. Personally , I think it looks way better than G. Darius.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:Congrats, Darius Gaiden is no slouch on difficulty even on the "easy" routes!
I tried to do the all up Great Thing route a few times some years back

That pretty much caused me to take a hiatus from shmups..
I tried it with and without autofire, the game is just absurd. It's like they forgot with a thinner screen that you have to reduce the bosses GIRTHS too..

Also I had no way to save-state practice it either as states wouldn't work on my dated shmupmame (maybe they do now on something else??)
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

@XoPachi Congrats on the Risk Storage 1cc! Any chance you'll try another route or go back to increase your score?That massive 1 million per extra life end bonus is too tempting.

@Blinge yeah a lot of people would say Great Thing is the hardest route. Just make sure you don't boost the rank like crazy by holding down auto the entire time and skip red powerups when needed to enter boss fights with a shot level that includes the white spheres. That's where a lot of your damage will come from.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

Rastan78 wrote:@XoPachi Congrats on the Risk Storage 1cc! Any chance you'll try another route or go back to increase your score?That massive 1 million per extra life end bonus is too tempting.
I'm gonna mess with other routes for the fun of it. I just...don't really want to fight Titanic Lance.
I generally don't worry about scoring in most STG's, but particularly the more traditional ones. And especially this one because
A) the gray bonuses are random point values; ranging from 25600 down to an infuriating 50
B) you don't get extensions so I feel like scoring has this tinge of pointlessness for me?
Gamer707b wrote:Congrats!! Just curious. What did you play it on and did you use auto fire? I love the look of this game. Personally , I think it looks way better than G. Darius.
I played the Switch port (JP) with all default difficulty settings. Rapid fire was set to 12/sec. Anything higher is very disorienting for me when you get the bigger wave shot late game. Deadly Crescent would kill me because I just wouldn't notice his attacks over what ends up looking like a solid yellow tree trunk that was my own line of maxed out fire. But anything lower and the game feels just short of unplayable. Bosses last waaaaay too long and that's looking at it from a fun factor. You just wanna move on. But 12 is a sweetspot.
I like this one more than G-Darius because it's clearer but G-Darius's capture mechanic BLOWS Gaiden's out of the water.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

XoPachi wrote: I'm gonna mess with other routes for the fun of it. I just...don't really want to fight Titanic Lance.
I generally don't worry about scoring in most STG's, but particularly the more traditional ones. And especially this one because
A) the gray bonuses are random point values; ranging from 25600 down to an infuriating 50
B) you don't get extensions so I feel like scoring has this tinge of pointlessness for me?
The all down route is pretty accessible if you want another route that doesn't go through TL.

I got kind of discouraged by the random medals at first on this game, but really they're not that big a part of the score. If you get great luck and score well over 200k from the medals on a run it's still less than 2% of the points available.
bcass

Post by bcass »

It's the same with the original Darius (arcade). Those grey circles give scores at random. I always wondered if there was something that affected the score they gave, as the range they can give is huge.
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

Just 1cc'ed Mushi Original on Switch. And surprisingly did it in handheld mode. Did 99% of my playing docked using a Mayflash arcade stick and best I could do was 8 lives to finish the game. Today was my first time using the Switch in handheld mode for anything and the game seemed way easier. Played a few rounds and was able to knock it out. And why yes I barely beat it with the last boss being a scrubby bomb filled mess. But don't care, still 1cc'ed. In the end total play time was like 80 hours.

And the second stage bosses can suck my white ass. They were probably the biggest challenge to overcome. The first few stages were actually much harder than I expected with the last two being less difficult than the usual Cave fare. First time I played the game I couldn't make it out the first level without continuing. That difficulty dynamic coupled with the fact that the enemies absolutely wing those bullets at you made the game seem just frustrating. Awesome game, but frustrating.

I think this game has me a little burnt on shmups. Going to take a quick break and play something easy... like one of the Mega Man Zero games from the Legacy Collection.
bcass

Post by bcass »

That's interesting, that you found it easier in handheld mode. What size TV / monitor were you playing on in docked mode? And did you have your TV set to "Game Mode" to minimise lag? I also wonder what kind of lag the Mayflash was introducing.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Rastan78 wrote: @Blinge yeah a lot of people would say Great Thing is the hardest route. Just make sure you don't boost the rank like crazy by holding down auto the entire time and skip red powerups when needed to enter boss fights with a shot level that includes the white spheres. That's where a lot of your damage will come from.
White spheres huh... is that from the shot type?
ie not laser nor wave?

I could be tempted to give all Down route a try too, I guess
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

The white shots are the ones you start with, but they're incorporated into certain levels of the wave shot, which is what you should have towards the end of the game. The final level of the wave shot doesn't have them, which means you're generally better off not maxing it out.

Edit: I forgot to mention the wave shot itself has a few different tiers. You want what this page calls "Wave lv. 3, sub-level 2": https://shmups.wiki/library/Darius_Gaiden
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

bcass wrote:That's interesting, that you found it easier in handheld mode. What size TV / monitor were you playing on in docked mode? And did you have your TV set to "Game Mode" to minimise lag? I also wonder what kind of lag the Mayflash was introducing.
I'm playing on a 60" Samsung KS8000 in game mode. I am using the lowest level Mayflash stick with a USB extender so it can reach the couch in my living room so maybe that introduces lag, but I don't think it really ever felt laggy.

I think what made handheld mode easier was because I was using a third party controller with an actual d-pad. Arcade sticks are great for the motions needed for fighting games, but I think for the quick and precise movements needed for a shmup a d-pad is just better for me. Also I think being so close to the screen made judging bullet trajectory and speed a lot easier. Like I felt it was easier to determine where bullets would be and when.

Also amother thing to note is I have never put in close to 80 hours in any game. Even with RPG's I try to finish them within 30 hours. Testament to how good Mushi is.
Nugs

Post by Nugs »

I’m getting right back into SHMUPs after not really playing them for a while.
I’ve never really had the patience to get good enough at one game to get a 1CC, so I decided to tick a few of the easy ones off to get the ball rolling.

In the last few weeks I’ve done

Crimzon Clover (Switch)
-Novice Original
-Novice Boost

Ketsui (PS4)
-Super Easy

Esprade (Switch)
-super easy

Mushimisame (Switch)
-Novice Original

DDP Resurrection (Steam)
-Novice ver 1.5

DDP Blissful Death (ios)

Thinking the next targets will be
Ketsui
-Deathtiny mode

Mushimisame
-Novice Maniac
-Arcade Original

Crimzon Clover
-Arrange Boost

Cotton Reboot

DDP Resurrection (Steam)
-ver 1.5
SPM

Post by SPM »

I've never posted on this thread before but I'm so happy now! I have to share it! :mrgreen:

Got a 1-All with all 6 characters in Sengoku Blade on Switch :D :D :D

The happy process on my twitter haha

After the first clear with Junis, I got the rest pretty fast (the first one took some time though, and MAME to practice some spots that would've taken too long with the ZeroDiv port)
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
bcass

Post by bcass »

Nice job. Sengoku Blade is generally regarded as a decently challenging clear. More difficult than a Ketsui 1-ALL if the Japanese STG Difficulty Wiki is to be believed.
SPM

Post by SPM »

I'm not sure about that list with this game. It's definitely easier than Gunbird 2, Strikers II and Dragon Blaze.

Although when I played those 3 I tried not to use bombs if possible. So they may be easier than I think.
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
Searchlike

Post by Searchlike »

bcass wrote:Nice job. Sengoku Blade is generally regarded as a decently challenging clear. More difficult than a Ketsui 1-ALL if the Japanese STG Difficulty Wiki is to be believed.
That sounds weird, could it be because of the extra number of bombs you get in Ketsui? Sengoku Blade is half the lenght of Ketsui, I'd say it's easier to stay focused for ten minutes than it is for twenty or so. That's why I've been meaning to make either that one or Macross II my first shmup clear. I'll do it or I'll retire from this forum in shame. Haven't even considered going all bomb crazy in Ketsui, seems a bit OP and not particularly fun.
bcass

Post by bcass »

I'd only view that difficulty list as a very rough guide. These things are incredibly subjective.
bcass

Post by bcass »

X-Multiply 1-All No-Miss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brmi91ftbpM

Not played this in years. Definitely a bit more challenging than I remember it being.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

I just cleared the 6.0/7.0 route in R-Type Final 2 on normal with Mr. Heli. With that ship, this route is actually easier than 6.2/7.2, because the weird down firing force comes in very handy, while it forces you to enter the final boss's bubble in 7.2. Tricky.
bcass

Post by bcass »

R-Type (arcade) 1-All No-Miss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lQc1mWhg14

R-Type has been on my to-do list for years, so decided to practice it this weekend to finally get the 1-all. This is definitely harder than X-Multiply. Either Dragon Breed or R-Type Leo are next on my Irem check-list.
wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

Cleared Air Buster/Aero Blaster (arcade version) on 8 difficulty. Lost 4 lives. Two lives on level-4 stage part (one of them was silly). One life on level-5 boss. One life towards the very end of level-6 stage part. Last year I cleared the genesis version (on hardest). So this year I thought I would re-visit with a clear on arcade version.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Dragon Breed 1-All No-Miss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fex0p9bB1U

I've been working on a Cave 1-All and wanted an easy game to break up the practice, and chose Dragon Breed based on its low ranking on the Japanese STG Difficulty Wiki. This was a huge mistake! This game is significantly more difficult than X-Multiply and R-Type, and a lot more frustrating due to massive hit boxes and zero safe-spots (unlike R-Type) resulting in lots of random deaths. The presentation in this game is masterful, and the way the soundtrack changes from depressing to triumphant half way through the final stage is particularly memorable. However, I think the gameplay could do with some tweaking and isn't as solid other Irem releases. It would be great if the game had been designed around each dragon type, but as it stands the golden dragon is the only real option for most of the game due to enemies and bullets coming from all directions in all stages.
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

bcass wrote:R-Type (arcade) 1-All No-Miss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lQc1mWhg14

R-Type has been on my to-do list for years, so decided to practice it this weekend to finally get the 1-all. This is definitely harder than X-Multiply. Either Dragon Breed or R-Type Leo are next on my Irem check-list.
bcass wrote:Dragon Breed 1-All No-Miss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fex0p9bB1U

I've been working on a Cave 1-All and wanted an easy game to break up the practice, and chose Dragon Breed based on its low ranking on the Japanese STG Difficulty Wiki. This was a huge mistake! This game is significantly more difficult than X-Multiply and R-Type, and a lot more frustrating due to massive hit boxes and zero safe-spots (unlike R-Type) resulting in lots of random deaths. The presentation in this game is masterful, and the way the soundtrack changes from depressing to triumphant half way through the final stage is particularly memorable. However, I think the gameplay could do with some tweaking and isn't as solid other Irem releases. It would be great if the game had been designed around each dragon type, but as it stands the golden dragon is the only real option for most of the game due to enemies and bullets coming from all directions in all stages.
siCk 1-ALLs, dude =D

i also definitely agree tHat the japanese stg difficulty wiki has a bullsHit low ranking for dragon breed. i kinda think tHat list has a lot of nonsense, sO i'd advise taking a lot of those rankings with a grain of salt
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
bcass

Post by bcass »

Here's the Cave 1-All I was working on alongside Dragon Breed - DoDonPachi Resurrection ver 1.5 (Steam) 1-All Type-B Strong Style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h11hKG6DomY

This is perhaps one of the scuffest ver 1.5 runs on youtube, full of mistakes, and taking it right to the wire with zero lives and 1 bomb left on the last phase of the last boss. I found this a lot more difficult than DS1 & DS2, which a lot of players compare to in terms of difficulty. MFBL Original is next on my Cave list, hopefully I have an easier time of it than I did with Resurrection. I've completed games placed much higher than this on the Japanese STG Difficulty Wiki list, so I'm not sure why I struggled with it so much. Eitherway, definitely glad to be moving onto the next game!