I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Stevens

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by Stevens »

Didn't I mention something about this yesterday? Looks like you we're closer than you thought.

Excellent work Hyp!
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

Stevens wrote:Didn't I mention something about this yesterday? Looks like you we're closer than you thought.

Excellent work Hyp!
Yeah, it's true. I was only like a couple 10s of billions off. In Mars Matrix terms that's not a lot. Still couldn't quite dethrone Randorama from second place though :x Will definitely do that before I'm finished.
EDIT: At least I passed Zetsumarshen in the experience game
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Nice, you seems really enthusiastic with this game. Best of luck to improve more. :wink:
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Cleared G-Darius for the first time!

Probably one of my intense run. One death by Theta's captain and twice by Death Wings, and fight The Embryon with last life and super shield. I am proud of this.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

LordHypnos : You keep pushing those MM scores, man. Congrats!

copy-paster : Damn, G-Darius is definitely not an easy game, well done! Are you going to get all the final zones or are you happy with your current performance?
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

M.Knight wrote:Are you going to get all the final zones or are you happy with your current performance?
The latter. I was taking all down route last couple of years but Absolute Defender always want me to dead. Looking forward to upper route in the near future. :)
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Yeah, Absolute Defender is a very difficult boss. I can completely relate to taking the lower route first, because Queen Fossil is so impressive, and Absolute Defender's intro is just so much fun.
I should probably try to take the upper routes and finally clear it myself.

Anyway, good luck for clearing the upper final zone whenever you get back to this game. It should be easier for you now that you've got this clear in the bag.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
mikejmoffitt

Post by mikejmoffitt »

Finally got my first ever vertical STG 1CC.

Mushihimesama Futari black label another version: 306,686,382 with Reco on Original
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

congrats, copy-paster and mikejmoffet
1) Create Scoring System
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

mikejmoffitt wrote:Finally got my first ever vertical STG 1CC.

Mushihimesama Futari black label another version: 306,686,382 with Reco on Original
Congrats. I was about to try this version, people said it was easier than easy.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Upper route has been cleared!

Got owned by Dual Horn and the last boss. These bosses almost have no room of error.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Got a 1CC of Extra difficulty in ring^-27 in the lamest way possible: Circle mode + Mirror weapon. I kid you not, this is the easiest way to 1CC the game, it's actually easier than playing on a lower difficulty. The reason is that circle pushes away bullets while it's active and you have energy, and while it's not active you won't be anchored to anything which means you'll be using the mirror weapon, which reflects all bullets (kind of like the shield in RefleX but not limited by any energy bar). So effectively you can only be killed by enemy collisions.

There is still some scoring you can do, though. Quoting myself from the Hi Scores thread:
Shepardus wrote:Even though the mode's trivial for survival, there is a bit of scoring you can do here. Collecting red crystals and medals increases the value of medals, but dying reduces those counts by a third. Red crystals also increase the value of bullet cancels. You can get big cancels by destroying a bunch of enemies to spawn their suicide bullets, and then activating circle and destroying an enemy to which you're anchored to cancel them all. Increasing rank increases the amount of blue or red crystals you get from destroying enemies, which lets you use the circle more (since more blue crystals = more energy), which is good for scoring since using circle lets you get more red crystals from enemies and also lets you cancel for red crystals. However, there aren't many safe places to increase rank since the way you do so is by keeping the circle active with no energy, which disables its reflective properties.

To establish a baseline I cleared the game once without using circle at all (except a little bit on the stage 2 boss, but that ended up hardly making a difference). Using only mirror I scored 146 million points, though that was marred by three deaths on stage 4 (wasn't prepared for swarms of enemies running into me...). With circle, I got the score posted above (357 million points), though that was with two deaths in stage 6 that probably lost me a significant amount of cashing in on high-value medals. I've seen two videos of Extra difficulty Mirror + Circle (which are also two of the three clears I've seen of Extra difficulty, the other being Bomb + Cannon), but this is higher-scoring than either of those (though not by much).
It's kind of fun if you don't like dodging things. I like that this exists.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

copy-paster wrote:Upper route has been cleared!
That didn't take you long:D
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Got my first 1CC on Espgaluda II yesterday. Just the beginning, though! I plan to go for a True Seseri clear as well as scoring routes. :)

mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

Keres wrote:Got my first 1CC on Espgaluda II yesterday. Just the beginning, though! I plan to go for a True Seseri clear as well as scoring routes. :)

nice, wtg
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Wow. I still can't wrap my mind around that one. Great job Keres.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Thanks! Here's the run if you're interested, realized I forgot to link it.
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

Congrats!
1) Create Scoring System
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

Double post, but it's totally worth it

O_O NEW PB IN MARS MATRIX! OFFICIALLY SECOND HIGHEST EXPERIENCE COUNT ON THE BOARD!!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!111!!!!one!!!1!!!eleven!!!1

Also, I got a video. coming soon.
1) Create Scoring System
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

Congrats! insane score.
I found this game very hard to play right, actually
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

LordHypnos wrote:NEW PB IN MARS MATRIX!

Also, I got a video. coming soon.
This is an amazing score. I look forward to seeing the video.

I really need to stop picking up other games and just work on MM again... maybe after Tatsujin & Dragon Blaze 1-ALLs...
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

Thanks, wgogh and square_air! I feel so very accomplished. I basically only have one goal left in the game! Well, I guess two. goal 1 is counterstop the CPS-2 version w/o autofire (should be able to do this with pretty minimal changes to my current route, although it'd still be pretty hard to pull off. I mean, I'm surprised I managed to get such a good run as this one given that I'm still kind of inconsistent on stages 4 and 5), and then just beat Rob's score. That one still seems basically impossible. For now I think I might take a break, but IDK for sure.
Square_Air wrote: I really need to stop picking up other games and just work on MM again... maybe after Tatsujin & Dragon Blaze 1-ALLs...
Well, I'm sure that there aren't too many people who feel the same way, but I'm consistently amazed by how much more fun Mars Matrix is than any other game, so I would certainly endorse this idea :P
1) Create Scoring System
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Cleared the first "loop" of Battlantis!

Video

I got more enjoyment from playing this than I thought was possible for this game.
Last edited by Shepardus on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

LordHypnos wrote:I'm surprised I managed to get such a good run as this one given that I'm still kind of inconsistent on stages 4 and 5)
I'm not.

I think were all pretty inconsistent for the most part. When people post videos we are usually seeing what they can do at their absolute best.

If I may use bowling as an example: Bowlers refer to their scores in terms of their average and high game. Bowlers have a ceiling of 300 (counter stop!), but even the best of bowlers average in the 220's - I'll credit google with the assist here.

https://www.pba.com/SeasonStats/TotalAverage/95

If I look at my high scores in UD I have a PB of 5.6, (need to get back to UD speaking of) but more telling imo is my average - probably a hair under 5 right now.

I think I've said this, but part of what has made watching you dismantle Mars Matrix so enjoyable is that we started playing around the same time. Much of your progress parallels, and in no small way, inspires me to up my game as well.

Don't be surprised you did so well, 2.3 will eventually become your average.

OT - What is your recording set up?
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Shepardus wrote:Cleared the first "loop" of Battlantis!

Video

I got more enjoyment from playing this than I thought was possible for this game.
Awesome! :D
BIL

Post by BIL »

Shepardus wrote:Cleared the first "loop" of Battlantis!

Video

Nice, I've enjoyed reading of Perikles' and now your experiences with that one!
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

Nice job, Shepardus!
Stevens wrote:
I'm not.

I think were all pretty inconsistent for the most part. When people post videos we are usually seeing what they can do at their absolute best.

If I may use bowling as an example: Bowlers refer to their scores in terms of their average and high game. Bowlers have a ceiling of 300 (counter stop!), but even the best of bowlers average in the 220's - I'll credit google with the assist here.

https://www.pba.com/SeasonStats/TotalAverage/95

If I look at my high scores in UD I have a PB of 5.6, (need to get back to UD speaking of) but more telling imo is my average - probably a hair under 5 right now.
I'm taking this into consideration a bit, actually. It's mostly about how infrequently I actually manage to complete the chain in s4 and s5. Like probably 1/10 practice runs or smth. That being said though, you're probably more right. A big part of getting a successful run when you're trying to do hard to execute stuff is just about getting in the zone. I'm definitely never really in the zone when practicing.
I think I've said this, but part of what has made watching you dismantle Mars Matrix so enjoyable is that we started playing around the same time. Much of your progress parallels, and in no small way, inspires me to up my game as well.
Yes, I totally agree with this. :) It's pretty amazing how far both of us have come and the parallels are very fun to see.
Don't be surprised you did so well, 2.3 will eventually become your average.

OT - What is your recording set up?
It's super janky. :lol:
I run a VGA cable to a VGA-to-SVideo transcoder (Not sure if it's that one specifically, but it's similar if not), then I run S-Video from that to a USB S-Video capture stick (I don't recommend that brand, btw, b/c many people have problems with it compared to some other similar ones, though maybe that's less of a problem now, I don't really know. I got lucky, though, and it actually worked). The transcoder also has a passthrough VGA output that seems to have no lag, so I can then play the game on the monitor while recording and avoid the lag that you get from the capture stick.

Reason why that chain is because I play on a VGA only monitor, but VGA capture equipment is super expensive. I suppose I could also use a VGA to HDMI converter and then an HDMI capture stick, for better quality, but it would probably be more expensive, plus I got the S-Video capture stick quite some time back, so I was able to buy fewer things to get it working this way than any other budget way. Hopefully some day I'll get a higher quality setup.

Also, the same set up works with Xbox 360, because the transcoder is really meant for computers, and so it has no issues with the Xbox running at 1024x768.
1) Create Scoring System
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

Broke 10,000 points in a Metal Hawk clear, thanks to being a bit more aggressive on earlier stages, and getting 1k on the Attack the Airbase stage. I still need to formulate a better score strat for the Tank Buster & The Last Target stages to get closer to 11,000.

Game is fun as balls, and I hope I can find a replay that goes above 12,000 points.
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

Comet Striker 1cc on Hard. It was a good game, really.