I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
CStarFlare

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by CStarFlare »

Great clear! Looks like it was close :lol:
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

CStarFlare wrote:Great clear!:
Thank you, CStarFlare! :D Yeah, to make a long story short (This also explains why I haven't logged in here for almost a year & a half, give-or-take), in the time period of July 3rd, 2018 to Dec. 27th, 2019, I was playing DOJWL & just DOJWL. It was the only STG/Shmup game I've been playing through this whole time period of July 3rd, 2018 to Dec. 27th, 2019 that I mentioned about just now. I didn't want to say anything about it here until I finally got the 2-ALL of DOJWL.

To tell you, I didn't think I'd get the DOJWL 2-ALL before the end of 2019, but I managed to! :)
CStarFlare wrote:Looks like it was close :lol:
Haha, I think that's a mild way to put it, if you were to ask me. I entered stage 2-5 with all 5 spare lives, reached the stage 2-5 boss 1st form, Kouryuu, with 4 spare lives with a not exactly ideal setup, hyper-meter wise, reached Hibachi with 4 spare lives but with a not exactly ideal setup, hyper-meter wise, again... Yeah, it was a close call, indeed, haha. :P

Both me performing well at Hibachi's 3rd attack without dying (Basically, I had to survive & dodge that whole thing without the aid of a hyper cancel because I didn't have that ideal hyper meter setup when I reached Hibachi) & getting a hyper meter filled up in the beginning of Hibachi's final attack before I lost a life there allowed me to make up for the not exactly ideal setups and, well, it was all enough to allow me to finally 2-ALL DOJWL! :)
I'm Purple (or VioletHatPurple), the man who'll become King of the Doujin Players! Yes, I am a Touhou/Doujin Game Player!

YouTube Channel | Twitter Account | Scores/1cc List on Restart Syndrome
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Starting to play Battle Garegga a bit more seriously on PS4. Just got a 1cc on premium today. I know it isnt a big deal, but I feel proud of myself nontheless.
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

My first Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label 1-All. (A-S)
Link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/528324191? ... &sort=time
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

DaringSpino34 wrote:My first Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label 1-All. (A-S)
Link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/528324191? ... &sort=time
Great job man! :shock:
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

Thanks a lot. I am looking forward to 2-All the game soon.
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

Am I allowed to count my 1CC on Psyvariar Revision Switch with the Blanche DLC? I was playing all 3 modes with the other two and decided to buy the DLC and it felt a little easier. I'm new to Psyvariar, is Revision supposed to be easier, along with the DLC?

This is my first 1CC since I beat Otomedius on the 360 a few years back (I know, real hardcore with that one). I thought I was getting out of shmups until recently and now I'm hooked again. Most of my old 1CCs were close to 14 years ago when I was a youngster and had better reflexes!
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

A clear is a clear, I say. Blanche is actually kinda tough to play with, I find! Which final stage did you make it to?
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

EmperorIng wrote:A clear is a clear, I say. Blanche is actually kinda tough to play with, I find! Which final stage did you make it to?
I got X-A on my fifth stage, and I took the easiest routes. I need to start trying out the harder stuff though.
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

god, i'm glad i can put saint dragon behind me. fuCk
here's a no miss of the stupid thing on hardest =.=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUvTG8j-htU

I don't think the dip switches matter much for difficulty, but w/e
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
Buffi

Post by Buffi »

Finally got a Ibara 1cc and it feels great!
Took me a bit over a month of just playing this game..

Played for pure survival, so score is garbage:

Video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/529925310
Ythundyth

Post by Ythundyth »

Perfect Spiritual Larsa in Mushihimesama Futari: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE1S5BU ... E952inlBsi

Fun TLB but around the same difficulty as Black Label Hibachi in DaiFukkatsu. Something else I did, while not gameplay related, I finally got Futari working on Xenia with Wine (since I'm using Linux), so I can play the 360 version of Ultra now (which also fixes the inconsistent slowdown I've been getting with MAME).
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I got my first-ever Cave 2ALL, of DaiFukkatsu 1.5... on Novice. I went in blind to the mode. It's something, right? I didn't trigger Hibachi though, so maybe it doesn't count. I no-missed until I got lazy and sloppy in 1-5, and largely no-missed again until 2-4ish, and a bunch of times on Golden Disaster. Despite being kind of tipsy I was sleepwalking through a lot of the first loop; all my practice getting a 1ALL, years ago on arcade, must have ingrained some muscle memory. It feels like the 2nd loops difficulty is at, or just a shade below, the normal arcade's first loop, though I was seeing boss patterns I had never seen before, even in tamer forms, in the second loop.

What sucks (and really pisses me off though), is that a) steam didn't give me any achievements (apparently achievements are bugged), but more importantly the game didn't take my initials at the end (it never asked me). I thought that was weird - does Novice just not take your score initials for the table? To add a final insult to injury, the game, unlike all the other modes, didn't ask me to save my replay (again, never bringing up the option). So since exiting, and since I didn't print-screen my score, I have no idea what I got, nor can I look at my play for the future to see how to improve. It's like I just did this for nothing. Fuck this janky-ass steam port for screwing me over like this.
Queen Charlene

Post by Queen Charlene »

EmperorIng wrote:What sucks (and really pisses me off though), is that a) steam didn't give me any achievements (apparently achievements are bugged), but more importantly the game didn't take my initials at the end (it never asked me). I thought that was weird - does Novice just not take your score initials for the table? To add a final insult to injury, the game, unlike all the other modes, didn't ask me to save my replay (again, never bringing up the option). So since exiting, and since I didn't print-screen my score, I have no idea what I got, nor can I look at my play for the future to see how to improve. It's like I just did this for nothing. Fuck this janky-ass steam port for screwing me over like this.
damn, that's actually a huge bummer. i've actually had zero of these issues with the game (my Golden Disaster achievement was acquired on Novice, and the score i posted in the scores subforum includes a screenshot of my initials with my score on it, also in Novice). i also get asked to save my replay every time, in every mode (i wish i could turn it off in Arrange B, lol).

i have heard weird issues that some people have with DDPR on Steam, so you might not be alone, but my copy has basically functioned perfectly. :/
Flobeamer1922

Post by Flobeamer1922 »

I reached the kill screen in Galaga and scored 3,194,700 points! I've been playing this 1981 classic since I was a young boy, but always struggled to score even 200,000 points on it. But over the past couple of months, I decided to start taking the game seriously, resulting in a number of seven-digit scores, and ultimately culminating in me playing through every single stage.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/535747814
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

^Cool stuff congrats! You know I didn't even realize Galaga had a finite number of stages... Kind of makes me want to play a bit. I loved that game growing up but haven't put any serious time into it as an adult.

I got my rank controlled low scoring TLB shit-clear of Mamoru-kun Curse done. With the help of adversity1's excellent ST guide I was able to snag the clear in a single afternoon of play. The only really tough attack was the TLB phase two. This game is really great and criminally overlooked. Soundtrack by the guy who did Eschatos? Yes please!

I'll probably be returning to this one eventually for a deeper dive, but one of my goals this year is to at least get basic clears in a big portion of my immense STG backlog, so for the moment I'll be off to the next thing.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

Ythundyth wrote:Perfect Spiritual Larsa in Mushihimesama Futari: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE1S5BU ... E952inlBsi

Fun TLB but around the same difficulty as Black Label Hibachi in DaiFukkatsu. Something else I did, while not gameplay related, I finally got Futari working on Xenia with Wine (since I'm using Linux), so I can play the 360 version of Ultra now (which also fixes the inconsistent slowdown I've been getting with MAME).

What are your Futari values in Mame ? (CPU %)
Flobeamer1922

Post by Flobeamer1922 »

ACSeraph wrote:^Cool stuff congrats! You know I didn't even realize Galaga had a finite number of stages... Kind of makes me want to play a bit. I loved that game growing up but haven't put any serious time into it as an adult.
Galaga's kinda funny; it can kill screen, depending on what you have the difficulty set to. I was playing on Rank A (the default), so the game resets shortly after stage 0 begins. For most competitive purposes, Rank D is used because it doesn't kill screen on stage 0, thus making the game infinite.
Ythundyth

Post by Ythundyth »

el_rika wrote:
Ythundyth wrote:Perfect Spiritual Larsa in Mushihimesama Futari: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE1S5BU ... E952inlBsi

What are your Futari values in Mame ? (CPU %)
30%. For some reason blitter delay does nothing for me.

And now that I've played around with the Xbox 360 version, I can say it works pretty well.
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

Finally, my first full chain stage 1-5 in dfk 1.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ay_Q28lkuY
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

Ythundyth wrote:
30%. For some reason blitter delay does nothing for me.

And now that I've played around with the Xbox 360 version, I can say it works pretty well.[/quote]

Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm using an older build and i'm at 38%. It's preeety close to PCB i'd say.

A little triumph, Espgaluda 2 level 1 score, personal best:

https://ibb.co/wNtKCKm

I always seem to get to the 1st boss with a tiny amount of gold, and i still have no ideea how to milk popcorn enemies for gold while in red mode, prior to 1st boss. I've seen people get 100 gold in 2 seconds right after the turret explodes.
Buffi

Post by Buffi »

Finally. Been playing this a _lot_ the last 2 weeks.
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Ver 1.0 Hibachi boss fight (No Slowdown):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32gGfZSzWgg
Leander

Post by Leander »

I got my first 1CC/1-All last night on Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 :)
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Leander wrote:I got my first 1CC/1-All last night on Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 :)
Congrats! Your first 1cc is a huge first step in the genre; welcome to the club 8)
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Cleared P-47 Aces with Spitfire! Replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a37IGPpYhiY

Not done with this though, I want to clear with all 4 ships and then I'll probably go for hot scores.

I think I'm going to go move this up in my top 25 some more...
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Nice job, P-47 Aces is a tough game!

I just got the Rolling Gunner clear in Original difficulty with the true (TLB) ending. Much, much tougher to do than to simply 1CC the game with the normal ending, the TLB is a menace.
Queen Charlene

Post by Queen Charlene »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:Nice job, P-47 Aces is a tough game!

I just got the Rolling Gunner clear in Original difficulty with the true (TLB) ending. Much, much tougher to do than to simply 1CC the game with the normal ending, the TLB is a menace.
good stuff! the grind paid off huh? :D it was fun to watch your attempts!
DaringSpino34

Post by DaringSpino34 »

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Ver 1.0: A-Bomb 60 Billions (Run stops at stage 2-4 Omote)
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdnZv-PNdnE
Leander

Post by Leander »

ACSeraph wrote:
Leander wrote:I got my first 1CC/1-All last night on Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 :)
Congrats! Your first 1cc is a huge first step in the genre; welcome to the club 8)
Thank you :)

Next up is Danmaku Unlimied 3 Spirit/Normal I think.