I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
EmperorIng

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by EmperorIng »

CloudyMusic wrote:
EmperorIng wrote:This was a hard one, using Junis (who has a weak shot and bomb)
Clearing the first loop with Junis is impressive! Nice :)
Thanks! I can't get too full of myself - I'm playing this game in a competition and my team includes Lyv, who 2ALL'd the game with Junis. I couldn't make it more than 30 seconds into the second loop! Still, players of the series tend to exclusively favor Aine, so I make things harder for myself by picking the characters that can't speedkill bosses in two melee hits. :oops:

I got a new personal best with Marion in Gunbird last night, so maybe I'm not taking a break from Psikyo...
Mills

Post by Mills »

Junis is arguably the best character of the game with the best range of main shot weapon and charge. She also has the smallest hit-box in which really comes into to play on the 2nd loop.

Definitely one of the harder Psikyo titles to 2nd loop
Licorice

Post by Licorice »

Slapfight MD. All difficulty related settings default. Voice type B. Music volume set to 99. 1-ALL.

Pulled off 3 recoveries. I practiced the final (last 20 areas) stretch and the last boss a fair bit with save states and naturally through credit feeding as well.

Amazing game. Love all the aimed bullets. Love the power up system.

Compared to my other 2 1CCs it feels like the first proper shmup I've managed to clear. There's no gratuitous bullet cancelling here, and the only cheese I could cling to was the shield.

Interestingly I managed to credit feed my way through loop 2 during a different run. Look forward to doing a 2-all after I get a few more 1CCs under my belt elsewhere.
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

Licorice wrote:Slapfight MD. All difficulty related settings default. Voice type B. Music volume set to 99. 1-ALL.

Pulled off 3 recoveries. I practiced the final (last 20 areas) stretch and the last boss a fair bit with save states and naturally through credit feeding as well.

Amazing game. Love all the aimed bullets. Love the power up system.

Compared to my other 2 1CCs it feels like the first proper shmup I've managed to clear. There's no gratuitous bullet cancelling here, and the only cheese I could cling to was the shield.

Interestingly I managed to credit feed my way through loop 2 during a different run. Look forward to doing a 2-all after I get a few more 1CCs under my belt elsewhere.
nice one
Austin

Post by Austin »

Nailed another 1CC unexpectedly--Pulstar on the Neo-Geo. It's been close to two decades since I last made it through to the end, so much had to be relearned. In my first run I swear I must have continued 100 times, easy. After I finally finished it though, I decided to run through it again and ended up plowing through the game. I died once on Stage 3 (at the battleship, embarrassing) and twice on stage 4 (near the beginning), but recovery at either section wasn't too bad. I ended up ripping through the rest of the game without dying. It's definitely one of those games where when you're powered up and you know where the enemies appear, it can be a walk in the park. If you're not, it can be frustrating as all hell. Extends also help getting the clear, I got a couple by the halfway point in the game.
Ythundyth

Post by Ythundyth »

Perfect Double Washing Machine in DaiOuJou (Death Label): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzZlDAmFZ8c
ACSeraph wrote:Just out of curiosity, how many legitimate no-save-state 2-alls of Death Label exist? I haven't been following it for a few years, but I remember at one point only one single legitimate clear existed and it was kind of a big deal.
Sorry for the late reply, but I know of 3. Not sure if there are any more, someone said 7 I think but I wasn't able to find any more than 3.
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

got a 1-ALL in Image Fight yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjy6MT2bQKM

features checkpoint recoveries on stage 5 and the final area. If it looks like I have no idea what I'm doing at the beginning of the final area, it's because I don't. I've just managed to consistently flail on to the last checkpoint lol, which i have practiced a bunch thru credit feeding. also features the dumbest final boss strat ever. Anyways this game kicks so much ass and I will definitely be refining my routes and going for 2-ALL soon.
Arino

Post by Arino »

Raiden (PSX)

Would be cool to do it on highest difficulty next :) ...and as Player 1 ^^"
Ythundyth

Post by Ythundyth »

No Miss Arrange Aki in Mushihimesama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qriTajZ4c

So, the arrange version of Aki. Surprisingly enough I have never seen anyone else do a No Miss of this boss, despite there being quite a few Ultra No Misses. I am not quite sure if I am the first (in fact I would be a bit surprised if I was), but since I haven't been able to find anyone else, I guess for now I am the first with a video of it at least.

You cannot skip Phase 2 like you can in the Ultra version, and it is very difficult. Getting to the final attack with enough bombs is a much bigger problem here than in the Ultra version. And unlike the final attack (which is almost entirely static), Phase 2 has quite a bit of RNG. The one good thing about this version is that Aki does not fire bullets back at you when he has his bomb shield up. The final attack of the Arrange version is completely different than the Ultra final attack. It's also slower but denser. I didn't really have as much experience with this one as I do with the Ultra one, plus I didn't have as convenient of a way to practice this one, so I decided that I would only use 1 bomb or less on Phase 2, so I could keep the rest for the final attack.
6t8k

Post by 6t8k »

Licorice wrote:Slapfight MD. All difficulty related settings default. Voice type B. Music volume set to 99. 1-ALL. [...]
the only cheese I could cling to was the shield [...]
Great choice Image

Do you know of the Toaplan mode?
2a03

Post by 2a03 »

Ythundyth wrote:No Miss Arrange Aki in Mushihimesama: https://www.
wtf is this aspect ratio
who the fuck even liking this vid
Ythundyth

Post by Ythundyth »

2a03 wrote:
Ythundyth wrote:No Miss Arrange Aki in Mushihimesama: https://www.
wtf is this aspect ratio
who the fuck even liking this vid
Are you Amida on youtube? Just a recap and that everyone here knows, here's what the comment on youtube said and what my response is to everyone who thinks this kind of behavior is acceptable:

Amida: This is an abomination, that aspect ratio should be a bannable offense on shmup forums, youtube, and wherever you post.

My response: You're serious? While I do understand that some people are put off, your reaction says a lot about the type of person you are and not the quality of this video. Since when are you the jury on how shmups should be played? In fact, I would go as far as to say, that your reaction is not only an insult to me, who put a lot of effort into this, but also to the game and the developers. There's an option of changing the aspect ratio in the game. Don't like it? You don't need to watch this, complain, and talk about how I should be banned from everywhere because I play the game the way I find it fun. I would like to see you no miss Arrange Aki, and maybe then you would have some respect for this, instead of acting like a little child and that everyone should do things your way.

Please stop being toxic to people over nothing.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I would like to see you no miss Arrange Aki, and maybe then you would have some respect for this
I've triggered Spiritual Larsa in boss practice with a 6 bomb stock to start in Futari Black Label. It's not that serious a feat as with enough time you'll eventually get through any boss or section with a bit of luck if you're doing training on a small portion of the game. Clearing one boss in stage practice without dying (with a full bomb stock to lean on) is very different than having to learn and then pull off a complete game clear, and is nowhere near as noteworthy a feat as an actual 1CC of the game would be. Hell, just getting to Aki with 6 bombs stocked in a full run is extremely difficult as it is. There's no pressure involved when failure simply means a quick restart as opposed to facing off with a super hard boss at the end of a grueling 30 or even possibly 60 minute run where your endurance has been pushed to your limit, and that pressure is a huge factor when you're going into the final boss with limited resources left after a difficult run and you know it's going to take all your effort to pull off the win.

I'm not saying your recent TLB savestate clears you've posted don't deserve respect, mind you. It's a good display of your skills, though I do think it's just a shame you're not putting those skills to effort and showcasing more full runs.

And dude, you've taken a 3:4 aspect vertical game and stretched it, in one case all the way to a 16:9 widescreen aspect as in your DFK video. To put it politely: that kind of stretching is extremely unpleasant to look at, and does a disservice to the original artwork. You're delusional if you genuinely expected nobody to comment negatively about it.
Ythundyth

Post by Ythundyth »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:
I would like to see you no miss Arrange Aki, and maybe then you would have some respect for this
I've triggered Spiritual Larsa in boss practice with a 6 bomb stock to start in Futari Black Label. It's not that serious a feat as with enough time you'll eventually get through any boss or section with a bit of luck if you're doing training on a small portion of the game. Clearing one boss in stage practice without dying (with a full bomb stock to lean on) is very different than having to learn and then pull off a complete game clear, and is nowhere near as noteworthy a feat as an actual 1CC of the game would be. Hell, just getting to Aki with 6 bombs stocked in a full run is extremely difficult as it is. There's no pressure involved when failure simply means a quick restart as opposed to facing off with a super hard boss at the end of a grueling 30 or even possibly 60 minute run where your endurance has been pushed to your limit, and that pressure is a huge factor when you're going into the final boss with limited resources left after a difficult run and you know it's going to take all your effort to pull off the win.

And dude, you've taken a 3:4 aspect vertical game and stretched it, in one case all the way to a 16:9 widescreen aspect as in your DFK video. To put it politely: that kind of stretching is extremely unpleasant to look at, and does a disservice to the original artwork. You're delusional if you genuinely expected nobody to comment negatively about it.
Listen, I know what you are saying is right, that's not what this was about. I did have a rather harsh comment, normally I respond politely to any negative comments, and I have had plenty of comments about the aspect ratio. I had some... bad experiences with bans in the past which is why I wanted to make it clear that part was not acceptable, but I realize I did not really word it well.

I know that getting a 1CC is very difficult, and I never said that I've done is better or worse. I personally don't like to make comparisons, and I know that people have achieved many things that are far harder than this. I know that very long endurance runs with a TLB at the end put you under a lot of pressure. Although I will just briefly mention that Spiritual Larsa is actually one of the easiest TLBs alongside Black Label Hibachi in DaiFukkatsu.

I know people don't like the aspect ratio, don't get me wrong. That wasn't even the reason why I responded like I did. I honestly couldn't care less about negative comments, really, although I felt I had to say something to make it clear that talking about bans was not acceptable. There was nothing else to it, I wasn't actually angry and I didn't convince myself that the aspect ratio looked good to a lot of people. I just thought I had to say something, and I guess I didn't end up wording it as well I thought I did.

I've thought a lot about the aspect ratio, to be honest. I don't know, perhaps I will change it in the future, although it's a bit late now or a few videos.

And one more thing I wanted to say, the whole respect thing? That's not even really true, I mostly just play the games for fun, I never really wanted to be competitive or have people admire me or anything. I just thought, if this person is being like this to me, they're probably like this to everyone, so might as well tell them to be a bit nicer.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Although I will just briefly mention that Spiritual Larsa is actually one of the easiest TLBs alongside Black Label Hibachi in DaiFukkatsu.
Yes, Spiritual Larsa herself is relatively easy aside from the last phase. Triggering her is the hard part however involves beating God Mode Larsa (and the rest of the game) without dying, i.e. starting from stage 5 boss practice in the 360 port don't die on her.
I honestly couldn't care less about negative comments, really, although I felt I had to say something to make it clear that talking about bans was not acceptable.
It looked like the comment on the Youtube video was using hyperbole to try and be funny. That, and trying to provoke a reaction out of you.
Ythundyth

Post by Ythundyth »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:
Although I will just briefly mention that Spiritual Larsa is actually one of the easiest TLBs alongside Black Label Hibachi in DaiFukkatsu.
Yes, Spiritual Larsa herself is relatively easy aside from the last phase. Triggering her is the hard part however involves beating God Mode Larsa (and the rest of the game) without dying, i.e. starting from stage 5 boss practice in the 360 port don't die on her.
I honestly couldn't care less about negative comments, really, although I felt I had to say something to make it clear that talking about bans was not acceptable.
It looked like the comment on the Youtube video was using hyperbole to try and be funny.
Yeah, triggering Spiritual Larsa is really hard.

I knew the comment was probably hyperbole, but I've had some bad experiences, like I said, so I was probably a bit paranoid.

Again, sorry if it looked a bit weird but I didn't really mean to say anything other than that. I just ended up making somewhat of a long (and a bit harsh) comment.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Basically, what I'd suggest is if you're determined to play in that aspect ratio, own it, and just ignore the comments which you will inevitably receive.

Still can't recommend you play that way though cause it'd mess with me to look like you move faster horizontally than vertically on the screen, but that's just my two cents.
Ythundyth

Post by Ythundyth »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:Basically, what I'd suggest is if you're determined to play in that aspect ratio, own it, and just ignore the comments which you will inevitably receive.

Still can't recommend you play that way though cause it'd mess with me to look like you move faster horizontally than vertically on the screen, but that's just my two cents.
Thanks, that's basically what I've been doing but I guess I also need to ignore the ban comments.

Eh, you get used to it. I'm used to both aspect ratios anyway so I could easily play on the standard one as well. I'll think about what aspect ratio I want, but yeah. I won't really respond to ban comments anymore.
Mills

Post by Mills »

Ythundyth wrote:No Miss Arrange Aki in Mushihimesama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-qriTajZ4c

So, the arrange version of Aki. Surprisingly enough I have never seen anyone else do a No Miss of this boss, despite there being quite a few Ultra No Misses. I am not quite sure if I am the first (in fact I would be a bit surprised if I was), but since I haven't been able to find anyone else, I guess for now I am the first with a video of it at least.

You cannot skip Phase 2 like you can in the Ultra version, and it is very difficult. Getting to the final attack with enough bombs is a much bigger problem here than in the Ultra version. And unlike the final attack (which is almost entirely static), Phase 2 has quite a bit of RNG. The one good thing about this version is that Aki does not fire bullets back at you when he has his bomb shield up. The final attack of the Arrange version is completely different than the Ultra final attack. It's also slower but denser. I didn't really have as much experience with this one as I do with the Ultra one, plus I didn't have as convenient of a way to practice this one, so I decided that I would only use 1 bomb or less on Phase 2, so I could keep the rest for the final attack.
Insane run even though the aspect ratio ruined the replay
Ythundyth

Post by Ythundyth »

Mills wrote: Insane run even though the aspect ratio ruined the replay
Thanks, I know the aspect ratio looks bad for a lot of (most?) people. Sorry about that.
Licorice

Post by Licorice »

Winds of Thunder (PCE) 1CC ALL, played on retroarch like the rest of my clears. Default difficulty.

No idea what my score was as it didn't say after the credit roll. Or if it did I missed it. I made a save state right before so if I did miss it and someone knows where it appears please tell me. Had something like 3500 gems left in stock.

I remember reading somewhere that the gem stock is added to your final score, but yeah I saw no such thing? If so, the game would be super fun to come back to.

I had practiced the last stage for a few hours this morning, and noticed if I get through it I can usually plow through the final boss just on resources and no real strategy or dodging or anything. Well, during the real run, I almost died. Literally survived with 1 blue bar, and that's with an elixer. Kind of left me feeling dirty.

Also I played it in backwards order. First stage Cieldom, then Helado etc.

Really enjoyed doing the stages starting from default resources when practicing. During full runs I stocked up big time though.

Awesome music. Loved the stage select. The best moments of the game have you feeling like you're experiencing something from a DnD campaign except super intense and fast. Really liked all the moments where you kind of come out from under cover and slash the dude above you before he can get a hit in. Felt a bit like a side scroller during those moments. Also loved the enemy designs. Those winged dudes on the long boats and the downward thrusting spear men on the turtles. So cool.
Ythundyth

Post by Ythundyth »

No Miss Ultra Aki Final Attack in Mushihimesama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v58noFjcL9A

I didn't really plan on this. The reason why it's only the final attack is because I did this shortly after Arrange Aki No Miss, just practicing the attack mostly, not trying to no miss anything. That being said, the final attack is the only hard part of Ultra Aki, everything else is pretty easy and the boss would be very easy if it weren't for the final attack. Although I do plan on probably doing the entire boss at some point, I am taking a break from the 1st Mushihimesama for now.

The main reason why I'm posting this here is because I really like the final attack (and it is still very hard and intense) and I also included a guide in the description of the video if anyone feels like trying to do this attack legit (as in not using the suicide strategy). Note that the attack is static enough to make the dodging strategy viable even in a full run if you're good enough, as this isn't one of those attacks that constantly gives you bad RNG.
Licorice

Post by Licorice »

Elemental master. 1CC. Everything default (I don't know how to access the options screen, must be missing something obvious)

<3 Technosoft

Good length on this one. All the stage select stages are super fun. 5th is super fun too but the music isn't as cool. 6th is good but not as good as the others.

I love how they all seemed conducive to the bi-directional shooting.

Which cannot be said for the bosses, which were far more standard fare. The stage 5 dragon boss in particular outstays its welcome, and needs 5 well executed charge shots the first time you meet him. For this reason the final boss rush stage wasn't so great. It got better after I saw some speed kill strats from replay videos. It was fun learning and executing those, although I chose to alter them slightly for safety.

Cycling through weapons was not the best, but you could do it while paused, which I made use of during my real runs.

Superb game. Thematically matches my other clears Sylphia and Winds of Thunder, and I look forward to coming back to all three on higher difficulties at some point.

EDIT: Also, I dispute this game's rating as a 4 on the difficulty rankings. I actually found it the easiest of all my 1CCs so far. Maybe I developed some skills between then and now, but I think actually it's a combination of brevity and leniency. Sylphia and Battlemania e.g. are more lenient, but they are so long that getting to a decent enough level for enough sections to survive the run takes much longer.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Licorice wrote:Elemental master. 1CC. Everything default (I don't know how to access the options screen, must be missing something obvious)
Hold [A] and press [Start]. Tecno Soft loved doing this for some reason, right up to TFIV. I wonder how many kids never knew there was an options screen at all. :lol: (IIRC Altered Beast and Space Harrier II do similar... might be off there).

Great game indeed. Mania mode is excellent, highly recommended! It's still not terribly difficult, but it's the shooter that made me realise even easier ones can still be rollicking entertainment. Agreed on the boss rush. Kinda gratifying atomising those guys with the new charge lazor but it's an uninspiring finish. I like the actual last boss battles though, some neat macro-dodging making good use of the twitchy character and monstrous charge blasts.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Fired up Ketsui after not touching it for a while and cleared it second try. Played the IKD2007 version for the first time and made it to stage5. It's a cool mode. I honestly don't know what's going on too much but it's fun. I think you get an extra life for every stage you NMNB which is kind of neat because the earlier stages are fairly easy for that.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I actually know this - in the 2007 mode if you get more 5 chips than 1 chips you get a 1 up.
My lord, I have come for you.
SourceDecay

Post by SourceDecay »

Newb here, but I finally 1CC'd my first game -- Touhou: Shining Shooting Star. Only on Normal difficulty, but it feels good! Been working on a bunch of games and figured this would probably be the easiest to get my first clear on...now on to something harder!
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

did a no miss clear of clannada on hard mode, which i had no idea that i unlocked after clearing standard mode until recently lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovYX6Fb_LQc
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Kaitei Daisensou (Japan region In The Hunt) 1cc, running the PS4 version.

I cleared the world version a few years back so I just had to remember the strategies and get some consistency back. Thankfully the different stage order doesn't make much difference, outside some ultra-fast torpedos at the beginning of Sunken Town.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Stevens wrote:I actually know this - in the 2007 mode if you get more 5 chips than 1 chips you get a 1 up.
Thanks for the heads up.