I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Deca

I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by Deca »

Mod edit: This thread is now a place for you to share you excitement and/or pride in getting a new 1CC/1-ALL/2-ALL etc, or general shmupping achievements. It started out with Deca celebrating a 1CC triumph, but we've all joined in, so to make it clear; this is now a place for us all to share our 1CC victories. Good luck in getting them!

Original post follows:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT I DID IT

I'm sure some of you are laughing, I know this 1-All isn't considered difficult by any means, but it's given me endless grief for 3-4 years now. This is why I feel shooters, I feel amazing. I'm still shaking.

And yes, I can chain better than that, but I decided to stop worrying about it until I got the 1-All.
1CC List To miss is human; to rank control, divine.
“Fly to live and shoot ‘em all!” – Manabu Namiki
RNGmaster

Re: I DID IT

Post by RNGmaster »

A first loop clear of Dodonpachi is something worth cheering. Orders of magnitude harder than most Touhou 1ccs.

I remember my first clear of DDP. Ah, such a great feeling. Then, I realized that I had gotten the loop cutscene and barely had time to get my attention back to playing before I was obliterated. That was fun.
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

Congratulations! :D
I hope I can feel the same accomplishment rush when I decide to get back to DDP!!!
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

Congrats. I felt super accomplished when I first 1CCed DDP. Good stuff :)
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

*high five*
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

RNGmaster wrote:A first loop clear of Dodonpachi is something worth cheering. Orders of magnitude harder than most Touhou 1ccs.
I think we established which one is harder in STGT. And I assume you have lots of experience of the harder difficulties to back that up. Is there even any reason why you decided to make that comment in this thread?

---

But congrats! DDP first loop was my first arcade 1cc and I remember how awesome it felt. It really taught me that arcade shooters are actually very possible to beat.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Erppo wrote: I think we established which one is harder in STGT. And I assume you have lots of experience of the harder difficulties to back that up. Is there even any reason why you decided to make that comment in this thread?
both are X button heavy resource management simulators

while the first DDP 1cc feels good, it doesn't really teach you how to approach an arcade shmup

hopefully you won't make the same mistake as I did(trying to force through other cave games without knowing the stage layout and getting destroyed horribly)
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

He did say most.

Phantasmagorias, Mystic Square, EoSD, SA, and UFO Lunatics are definitely harder 1ccs than DoDonPachi. I just can't be bothered to 1cc DDP though because I think the game sucks. Plus, it's kind of like UFO Lunatic was where I knew I could 1cc it but didn't want to bother, except unlike UFO Lunatic, I don't feel a need to actually go do it. DDP 2-all though is definitely much harder and I would never bother to try even if I were to loop it consistently, in which case, yeah all Touhous are easier, but for 1-all it's not the case.

Oh yeah, it was all the people saying that I hated UFO because I couldn't beat it when the reason I hated it was that it was a bad game. And unlike some people, my opinion of the game did not improve after the 1cc.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

to be honest, DDP is on the same level as the easier lunatic clears, possibly easier

it's mostly toohoo players getting thrown off by the arcade playstyle which results in them finding it harder until you adapt(or pull a 180 like I did which results in you being terrible at touhou)
touhou has slightly harder patterns while DDP gives less lives(but a ridiculous amount of bombs nonetheless)
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

Bananamatic wrote:to be honest, DDP is on the same level as the easier lunatic clears, possibly easier

it's mostly toohoo players getting thrown off by the arcade playstyle which results in them finding it harder until you adapt(or pull a 180 like I did which results in you being terrible at touhou)
touhou has slightly harder patterns while DDP gives less lives(but a ridiculous amount of bombs nonetheless)
This is pretty much exactly how I see it. I learned arcade shmups together with Touhou and I 1-ALLed DDP when I was doing Touhou Hards, and found them around the same in difficulty. Most weird opinions about the relative difficulty seem to come from people who have disproportionately more experience with the other style.
rancor

Post by rancor »

Congrats! :mrgreen:

I still haven't managed that one yet, although I am still actively trying!
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

You do realize I have to kick you off of Team Loser now, right?

Seriously though, congrats. :)
Sapz

Post by Sapz »

Awesome job, man. Aiming for the loop next, or trying a different game?
STGT '11 - #1 | STGT '12 - #1
Deca

Post by Deca »

Yeah I'm almost ashamed to admit it but this is, uh, my 5th 1cc (6th if you count DS MBL as a separate game) :I Third Cave game.
BulletMagnet wrote:You do realize I have to kick you off of Team Loser now, right?

Seriously though, congrats. :)
I guess I just don't have what it takes to be a loser :cry:
Sapz wrote:Awesome job, man. Aiming for the loop next, or trying a different game?
Probably going to move to another game. I honestly haven't even begun to properly learn the final stage or boss at all, and honestly the idea of making it through the 2nd loop scares the hell out of me. I might mess around with it a bit working on activating the loop, but I don't know if I'll ever make a serious attempt at clearing it unless something happens and it really starts to feel doable. DDP and I aren't on the best terms, I'd been saying for some time that I just wanted to get the 1-ALL so I never had to play it again :lol:

Not sure what to move to next. I've been working on Garegga and Batrider Advanced for a long time as well, but those definitely feel further off...Maybe Layer Section or MMP. I'm open to/would love to hear suggestions!
rancor

Post by rancor »

Deca wrote:I'm open to/would love to hear suggestions!
Battle Bakraid!

It was my first 1cc (w/ flame viper) and I can still manage to do it on occasion. Not nearly as difficult as Garegga, but still has the IKD look, feel, and respect. 8)
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Bananamatic wrote:to be honest, DDP is on the same level as the easier lunatic clears, possibly easier
Yup. I only ever played on Hard, and DDP's playstyle and challenge level seemed much harder at the time, mainly due to the lack of breaks and constant enemy barrages. I'd agree that it's up there with the easier Lunatic clears.

When I say most 1cc's, I'm including every Touhou game on every difficulty, not just Lunatic.

So don't be offended.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

I thought I was bad, but man some of these people really have poles up their asses when it comes to Touhou. :lol:
rancor wrote:
Battle Bakraid!

It was my first 1cc (w/ flame viper) and I can still manage to do it on occasion. Not nearly as difficult as Garegga, but still has the IKD look, feel, and respect. 8)
I vote Raiden Fighters JET, mainly because I'm working on it now myself. :P

Think Garegga, but faster bullets and you can't do shit about rank, that said it's not as hard either.
Deca

Post by Deca »

I actually have the Bakraid normal course cleared, that honestly may have been the easiest/lowest time investment 1cc I've got so far. I'm messed around with Advanced a bit but haven't really cracked down on it.

As for RFJ..I have more trouble with that than Garegga personally :P I've only made it to the first real combat mission once or twice, how many stages are there after that? Also I'm still not sure if most people playing the port have it set to Normal or Arcade, I've always played on Arcade.
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

Deca wrote:I actually have the Bakraid normal course cleared, that honestly may have been the easiest/lowest time investment 1cc I've got so far. I'm messed around with Advanced a bit but haven't really cracked down on it.

As for RFJ..I have more trouble with that than Garegga personally :P I've only made it to the first real combat mission once or twice, how many stages are there after that? Also I'm still not sure if most people playing the port have it set to Normal or Arcade, I've always played on Arcade.
RFJ is my only complete 1CC so far. Play Fairy and you're golden. One zap of the flame thrower takes out... every boss. It also pays off to pay attention to option special level ups. I play it on Normal, have no idea what differences there are from Arcade. Nothing I noticed.

Congrats on DDP!
The freaks are rising through the floor.
Recommended XBLIG shmups.
Top 20 Doujin Shmups of ALL TIME.
nZero

Post by nZero »

Moniker wrote:RFJ is my only complete 1CC so far. Play Fairy and you're golden. One zap of the flame thrower takes out... every boss. It also pays off to pay attention to option special level ups. I play it on Normal, have no idea what differences there are from Arcade. Nothing I noticed.
Twiddle figured out a lot of things, for one there are differences in enemy health. Learning advanced chains on Arcade will have you killing things too quickly on Normal, and learning them on Normal will get you killed in Arcade.

Edit - Congrats on the clear, Deca :)
Chaos Phoenixma

I've never done an All1 or All3 on RFJ. I did do a Normal All2 once. The farthest I've gotten on both Normal and Arcade was first real battle for that path.

I don't even know how you get into Sim35 on 1 credit to do an All1.

I'm surprised the hi score thread doesn't have Full run as an option? Was it possible to do Full Run on the PCB or is that 360 exclusive? I think I could only get to Sim 35 on that.
Deca

Post by Deca »

Chaos Phoenixma wrote:I've never done an All1 or All3 on RFJ. I did do a Normal All2 once. The farthest I've gotten on both Normal and Arcade was first real battle for that path.

I don't even know how you get into Sim35 on 1 credit to do an All1.

I'm surprised the hi score thread doesn't have Full run as an option? Was it possible to do Full Run on the PCB or is that 360 exclusive? I think I could only get to Sim 35 on that.
What do these words mean, I barely understand this game lol

What counts as a clear? How many stages are there? I'm hesitant to use Slave or Fairy, feels sort of like cheating or something. I've mostly gone with Judge Spear in all RF games.
Chaos Phoenixma

All1 ends on Sim 35, All2 ends on Sim 50, All3 ends on Real Battle 2 regardless of if you get the TLB or not. So All 3 is best and gets you most points, All 2 is second best, All1 is the worst All you can get.

Full Run on the 360 release would be even harder as you have to play every single stage for that instead of the usual progression. I don't know if the Arcade version had it as I only have the 360 version.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Move on to DOJ, your life will be enriched.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Deca

Post by Deca »

Chaos Phoenixma wrote:All1 ends on Sim 35, All2 ends on Sim 50, All3 ends on Real Battle 2 regardless of if you get the TLB or not. So All 3 is best and gets you most points, All 2 is second best, All1 is the worst All you can get.

Full Run on the 360 release would be even harder as you have to play every single stage for that instead of the usual progression. I don't know if the Arcade version had it as I only have the 360 version.
So having reached Real Battle 1 does that mean I already have an All1/2? I'm confused as I noticed different sim stages coming up depending on my performance...does the port just operate differently all around?
Chaos Phoenixma

No because going to Real Battle means you avoided Sim35 and Sim50, the other 2 stages where the game can end. And it's still easier to reach Real Battle than it is to clear Sim35 or Sim 50.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Congrats, defintitely a notch on the belt! Are Deatsmiles and Futari Original your other Cave clears? If so, maybe Galuda1 would be the next logical step (if you have a PS2, not sure how it runs on Mame).

If you want a break from Cave I suggest

Gunbird
Batsugun
Batrider or Bakraid
Air Gallet
Truxton 2

I believe those all run smoothly on Mame if that's your primary "console".
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Deca

Post by Deca »

chempop wrote:Congrats, defintitely a notch on the belt! Are Deatsmiles and Futari Original your other Cave clears? If so, maybe Galuda1 would be the next logical step (if you have a PS2, not sure how it runs on Mame).

If you want a break from Cave I suggest

Gunbird
Batsugun
Batrider or Bakraid
Air Gallet
Truxton 2

I believe those all run smoothly on Mame if that's your primary "console".
Good call on my other Cave clears :P My other clears are: Futari BL Original, DS normal and MBL, Bakraid Normal, and Batrider Normal. I should probably get my hands on a copy of Galuda, I've barely played the first one at all.

I'd love to work on Batsugun Special but am sort of holding out to grab the Saturn version. I've played a bit of Air Gallet and actually had a fair amount of trouble with it. I've been playing Truxton 2 at the local arcade, I enjoy it but it's SO LONG I can't really see myseslf actually getting the clear, I'm not sure I've even seen the stage 2 boss yet lol. I have been meaning play more Psikyo.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Congrats!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Congrats Deca! DDP was my first Cave clear (1LC), and really set the bar for me in dedicated practice on a single game.

rancor wrote:
Battle Bakraid!

IKD wut!? Yagawa looks at you with disrespect! :wink:

But I totally agree, Bakraid Normal Course should make for an easy clear after DDP. Then for a real challenge try some Advanced Course!