I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Square_Air

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by Square_Air »

laurabuzz wrote:I credit fed through most of the Psikyo catalogue last week and I've been really impressed with them, I hope I can sit down with more of their games in the future (esp. Dragon Blaze, I love the Dragon mechanic!), but the other game thats caught my eye atm is actually Raiden Fighters. Seibu games seem to have a lot of what I like about Psikyo ones - fast bullets and point blanking for speedkills (which they reward you for in Raiden Fighters with the 'Quickshot!' bonus; incidentally, couldn't they have found a better translation? :oops:), although unfortunately the planes dont turn into mechs and punch you like in Strikers 1945. Scoring looks fun in Raiden Fighters, and a little crazy. And I love that website - Raiden Fighter's Emporium, which also has resources for Psikyo games.

Whats your next goal? Counterstop Out Zone?
Well, I decided to get a 1-ALL of Ketsui instead for giggles, but I actually think I'm going to put more time into Raiden Fighters. It's a really great game, and scoring is very very fun imho. I'm aiming for a 40 mil+ clear. The aesthetics and gameplay of Raiden fighters are such a nice blend, I recommend it.
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Finally got the Battle Garegga 1CC and a B.4 score to boot. Easily could've been a C, but everything after stage 3 was a mess (even managed to die to Junky Monkey's pre-boss form :lol:). I'm confident my current route is realistically capable of a D, and I'd like to 1CC with a non-easymode ship too, but I'll take a break before thinking about that.

I used zakk's great QOL patch while playing, which fixes the scoreboard besides doing other things.
Spoiler
BEAMLORD

Post by BEAMLORD »

Danmaku Unlimited 3, Medium spirit story, 1CC. This is my second ever 1CC, after getting the True All in Rolling Gunner casual mode in the last couple of weeks. Score is just over a billion, so I guess somewhat respectable. Maybe I can push it... But for now, just gonna revel :mrgreen:
Ice Beam

Post by Ice Beam »

Did a 2-all on Dodonpachi Resurrection (Steam) Novice Omote route. Now to try for Ura.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Today, I managed to do 1CC - NO MISS on Gradius 2 (arcade version). This is a very big deal for me, since I've been playing it since 1990.

mastermx

Post by mastermx »

MJR wrote:Today, I managed to do 1CC - NO MISS on Gradius 2 (arcade version). This is a very big deal for me, since I've been playing it since 1990.

Congrats bro. That shit must feel amazingly satisfying.
KAI

Post by KAI »

1CCed G-Darius on the upper route. I can believe I fxxing did it, after 2 decades.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Nice! G-Darius is a great game. I can't wait for the HD Version.
CIT

Post by CIT »

I cleared Wolflame on the Astro Port Shmup Collection for Switch. Really neat Raiden clone, but fairly easy on default settings. Still had a great time with it though. I especially dig the Black Heart-esque stealth bomber boss and the subsequent flight into space.

Actually got a lower score than my previous attempt where the final boss ended my run. :lol:

I also checked out the other games on the collection, but couldn't really get into them (yet).
OmKol

Post by OmKol »

Wow, I posted this more than two years ago. So in 2018 after clearing Gradius III AC and Danmaku Unlimited 3 Graze True I realized I want to clear something even harder. I thought if some really hard clears require tons of hours from any player I can spend tons of hours too so hard game will be much more comfortable for me. Somehow. Without any understanding how actually I will improve. That's how I started to play Dodonpachi Daioujou White Label. Without any understanding how hard is this game and why. Yes, 2-ALL.

Two years ago I had a lot of struggle with just clearing any stage or any boss fight on my second loop practice. Especially the later ones. I tried not to think how I will do 2-ALL and how hard it is. Hibachi alone was impossible for me but I also tried not to think about it - maybe I will improve my skill somehow after months of playing? Instead of that I tried to focus on my practice successes. Finally did 2-3 no miss? Cool. 2-3 with boss fight? Even better. Two stages in a row? Awesome. I spent some months on practice until I was able to clear stages from 2-1 to 2-4 and from 2-4 to Koryu.

I started to do a full runs but this game still had impression of being impossible. Even 2-1 was scary for me and 2-3 boss or 2-4 railguns was for me especially scary. I hoped I will be not nervous if I'll reach later stages more and more. And it worked. Also I practiced this game more and more trying to improve my strategies. Livestreaming and chatting was pretty cool because I also learned a lot of strategies from DOJ players. Learning about safe Hibachi 3 miss strategy basically saved my hope to clear this game.

But even when I was able to consistently reach 2-3 boss or clear him it was still insanely hard. I can die on 2-4 railguns, on 2-4 boss fight, on 2-5 anywhere and on final boss rush too. And random failures on 2-3 or 2-2 or even 2-1 was still possible for me. Even many times in a row.

Is it possible to predict when I will clear this game? Damn, I was so close to defeat Hibachi a few times and every time it happened suddenly and then I died because of mistakes and nerves. I doubted myself many times if I actually able to clear this game or I will be nervous just every time.

And this time I suddenly reached Hibachi again. And suddenly cleared the game.

So yeah, this is Dodonpachi Daioujou White Label 2-ALL clear. When I cleared this it was unbelieveable for me. It only became believeable when I played input file from the beginning to the end to see - yes, it's real. Still hard to believe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK2aJTqM6As
mastermx

Post by mastermx »

Wow congrats dude. I've always been meaning to go back to DOJ WL. But the idea of a DOJ 2-All. Amazing. Your clear shows how much perserverence pays off.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Huge congrats. Well-earned, I know you've been working on this for a really long time.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Talk about perseverance.
My lord, I have come for you.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Wow that's an inspiring feat! Thanks for posting your story.

What's next? Stay with DOJ and play for score? Go for another super hard 2-ALL like Image Fight or Dragon Blaze? Take a long break to recover your sanity?
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Damn... that's quite the feat.

I remember clearing just a basic 1-ALL of DOJBL without hibachi and I felt like I was on cloud nine for a week. But a 2-ALL that takes years of practice... my god.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

New current SideLine PB in Normal difficulty. Loop 4, Stage 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOWf5tWHJyI
Last edited by BareKnuckleRoo on Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OmKol

Post by OmKol »

Thanks everyone!
Rastan78 wrote:What's next? Stay with DOJ and play for score? Go for another super hard 2-ALL like Image Fight or Dragon Blaze? Take a long break to recover your sanity?
I'm going to rest for some months playing other genres and doing some IRL stuff. When I'll finish my IRL stuff I will play Battle Garegga Rev. 2016. Also I want to play Dangun Feveron and many other arcade and doujin shmups.
To Far Away Times wrote:I remember clearing just a basic 1-ALL of DOJBL without hibachi and I felt like I was on cloud nine for a week.
I still remember how I was sure Gradius on Famicom is a hard game.
Last edited by OmKol on Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miwa

Post by miwa »

Got the 1-ALL in Ketsui yesterday with ye good olde Tiger Schwert :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3q8pTKg6Qo
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

OmKol wrote:
That's amazing, dude! Nice job!
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Got my first no miss clear on Darius Gaiden today. Playing handheld on Switch.

Zone Z with 10.19 M score. I think the community record is 10.2 M for this route. So close lol :lol:

Gonna go for 11 M.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Just did a 1cc today of Thunder Force 4 on OG hardware. The stages that gave me the hardest time overall were the first 3. Surprisingly, the last 2 stages were fairly easy. Good game.Probably my favorite 16 shooter.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

What a great thread, I feel your dedication! I'd luv to attempt a 1cc
Any games that are a right of passage for you guys?
And as I'm not particularly good any tips for some of the easier games to pick for a first 1cc?
Many thnx in advance
Also are there any rules?
Does it have to be on default menu options for instance?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk
leodash

Post by leodash »

dmk1198 wrote:What a great thread, I feel your dedication! I'd luv to attempt a 1cc
And as I'm not particularly good any tips for some of the easier games to pick for a first 1cc?
Many thnx in advance
If you want a recommendation from a beginner, then there is me!

Here is my 1CC playlist on Youtube, and I recommend all those games for beginners. For comparison on how easy they are, you can see in the early videos that I was struggling with diagonal movements because I never use D-pad my entire life before and yet still managed to get 1CC.

If you want more games, you can see this Japanese STG Difficulty thread.

For the settings, just leave it as default. Most games won't allow you to save replay or high score if you change the settings.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

dmk1198 wrote:What a great thread, I feel your dedication! I'd luv to attempt a 1cc
Many thnx in advance

I'd say go with the 16 bit stuff. Im going to be delving more into the bullet hell stuff soon, but I got my "training" on 16 bit. This era IMO is perfect to get your feet wet. Plus, I think 16 bit graphically never ages. These games generally wont be too hard and look beautiful at the same time. Also , as far as rules, I guess generally people play on normal difficulty at first, but if you need to do easy mode to learn the game and genre, then go ahead and do it. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Remember, first and foremost, you are playing for your enjoyment. Not someone else's .
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

Many thnx in advance

DoDonPachi is a good shmup to play for a first 1CC. It's a high quality game, reasonable difficulty, low on gimmicks, and it'll teach you good fundamentals. The most important thing is to find a game you like, though. Try out a few of the highly recommended games around here and stick with your favorite.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Vanguard wrote: DoDonPachi is a good shmup to play for a first 1CC. It's a high quality game, reasonable difficulty, low on gimmicks, and it'll teach you good fundamentals. The most important thing is to find a game you like, though. Try out a few of the highly recommended games around here and stick with your favorite.
Solid advice. As far as finding one you like - it you're trying to clear it you might be looking and listening to it for a while - pick one who's graphics you dig with a great ost.

Let us know what you pick.
My lord, I have come for you.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

A 2-ALL of DOJ WL is absolutely nuts to see. :shock:
miwa wrote:Got the 1-ALL in Ketsui yesterday with ye good olde Tiger Schwert :D

Well done, I'm at that point where I feel like I'm close, but still can't quite 1-ALL it. Stage 5 is nuts, but I'm starting to get more consistent about reaching S5 with a decent life stock...
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

Many thnx in advance

Super XYX has quite relaxed difficulty and is rather easy 1cc if you skip the Gauntlet secret level and learn to conserve your bombs for stage 5 and up
miwa

Post by miwa »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:A 2-ALL of DOJ WL is absolutely nuts to see. :shock:
miwa wrote:Got the 1-ALL in Ketsui yesterday with ye good olde Tiger Schwert :D

Well done, I'm at that point where I feel like I'm close, but still can't quite 1-ALL it. Stage 5 is nuts, but I'm starting to get more consistent about reaching S5 with a decent life stock...
I'm sure you'll get the 1-ALL in no time! Agreed, stage 5 is no joke but with enough resources and liberal bomb use a lot of mistakes can be forgiven (as you can see in my run :lol: )
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Gamer707b wrote:
Many thnx in advance

I'd say go with the 16 bit stuff. Im going to be delving more into the bullet hell stuff soon, but I got my "training" on 16 bit. This era IMO is perfect to get your feet wet. Plus, I think 16 bit graphically never ages. These games generally wont be too hard and look beautiful at the same time. Also , as far as rules, I guess generally people play on normal difficulty at first, but if you need to do easy mode to learn the game and genre, then go ahead and do it. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Remember, first and foremost, you are playing for your enjoyment. Not someone else's .
Thnx alot for the tips guys yes loving the 16 bit shooters will let you know what I pick
The movement from the SNES classic d pad seems so fast and responsive compared to modern consoles and games weird , enjoying zanac at the mo, guess that's 8 bit lol graphics crystal clear