I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
copy-paster

Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

Post by copy-paster »

Next clear is DOJBL with B-EX

I'm quite happy with these clears, because I've officially clear my top 3 shmups (DOJ, Ketsui, Garegga) legit with default settings.
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

congrats again copy-paster! ... i found dojbl took me much longer to clear than ketsui. Great job! i wish i could clear garegga. I don't see that one ever happening, whatever way i play it.
"Just fire and forget" 1cc List
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

thanks bud

BL with B-EX 1-ALL is as hard as Ketsui 1-ALL with Tiger IMO, you'll probably clear them all. As for Garegga you probably need experiement with save state to route your own rank management.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Years ago after a ton of practice I got as far as the backwards section in Ketsui, which is fucking ridiculously hard, and then there's the whole final boss after that. But to get there I needed almost perfect resource management for the preceeding 18 minutes. I realized that was about as far as I was gonna get. Mad props to anyone who can do it.
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

Thanks C-P, i have 1 all'd ketsui (tiger) and dojbl (can't remember what ship, maybe type b/shot), they're both buried deep in this thread, it was about six years ago now. It seems i just can't garegga, i have experimented with various play styles and the best i can do is inconsistently make it to black heart mk2... although i haven't experimented with many of the ships.

@to far far away times, i'm sure you could do it! especially if you made it that far. The final fight isn't too bad, sure it takes a few goes but it's more forgiving than you might think.

EDIT: your 1cc list is impressive, you can def do it!
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Jonst wrote:@to far far away times, i'm sure you could do it! especially if you made it that far. The final fight isn't too bad, sure it takes a few goes but it's more forgiving than you might think.
Yeah, the first time I cleared Ketsui I did it with way more resources than I expected due to the final fight really not being that bad. Most of my resources were dumped in S5's downward section and the bit shortly afterwards. If you can get there with a good stock of resources (1 or 2 deaths tops) you can bomb spam your way to the final boss more or less. Don't give up! :)
To Far Away Times

Jonst wrote: @to far far away times, i'm sure you could do it! especially if you made it that far. The final fight isn't too bad, sure it takes a few goes but it's more forgiving than you might think.

EDIT: your 1cc list is impressive, you can def do it!
BareKnuckleRoo wrote:Yeah, the first time I cleared Ketsui I did it with way more resources than I expected due to the final fight really not being that bad. Most of my resources were dumped in S5's downward section and the bit shortly afterwards. If you can get there with a good stock of resources (1 or 2 deaths tops) you can bomb spam your way to the final boss more or less. Don't give up! :)

Mrs. To Far Away Times and adult life leaves little time for dedicated computer sessions and save state grinding required to do a Ketsui run these days, like back when I did DOJ BL many years ago. So these days the games that I really dive into are on the couch on a handheld. Sacrilegious, I know! "PCBs and Tate or bust" is the motto around here. But once the Steam Deck drops and I can play some of the "higher spec" shmups on a handheld that might be the way to go. In fact, nearly every shmup I've sunk some real time into over the 5 years or so has been on either a Nintendo Switch, or retroarch on a 3DS. :shock:

Congrats Copy Paster, just ripping through these mega hard games!
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

@tfat, Haha! i totally get that, i'm in a similar position, rare are the days i can sink hours into a game at a tv screen. I double dip when i can, so i can play on the switch/couch as you said. My last/most recent clears were both on the switch.
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

cotton reboot arrange. Not the hardest 1cc by any means but it's my 3rd recent clear in as many weeks, so doing wonders for my morale!
bcass

Post by bcass »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:
bcass wrote:I tried with Wide Mode set to on and off, but changing the Screen Zoom value has no affect.
Are you adjusting the screen in the options prior to the game, or have you tried doing it in the pause menu? Each mode has its own screen settings as I am sure you are aware of, and I just tried both before starting a game and when the game is paused; the English release has no issues with screen zoom (widescreen TV, all the zoom settings work normally in the arcade/Origin mode). What kind of TV are you using? Are you connecting with HDMI? Maybe record an unlisted video showing what you're doing in the menu, I'm sure someone else with a JP Xbox 360 and the game can compare.
Here's a video of me changing the screen settings in the pause menu for arcade mode:

https://youtu.be/U4AEM1TlxGM

My TV is an old Samsung plasma (51"), connected via HDMI. Screen settings work fine for all other modes.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

What resolution is your Xbox currently set to?

I might know someone with a JP Xbox and copy of the game who can test to see if it's a bug with that version, can't promise though.
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

I just 1cced that Crisis Wing indie game. Thumbs up!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2628169539
Nugs

Post by Nugs »

Not a particularly challenging one but 1cced Cotton Reboot the other night.
I had died on the final boss a number of times and thought "I thought this game was supposed to be really easy".
Then I figured out that blue gems could give a shield and finished the game with 6 or 7 lifes in stock.
Nugs

Post by Nugs »

Another one that others might find relatively easy, but got the 1-All on SDOJ Novice mode.
Definitely the hardest novice mode I've played.
To Far Away Times

Got the 1CC in Blue Wish Desire with 2 full lives left. Not a particularly challenging game, but its super fun. It makes you feel like a god with generous close calls and overwhelming firepower. It's plenty leinient as long as you have a very basic plan. It' s a really cool game and well worth playing, even if it's a bit easy. Unfortunately, I wasn't prompted to save my replay for some reason even though I got the end screen, a medal on the plane select screen and unlocked a new ship for beating it. Weird and kind of annoying. Wonder if its a bug or maybe I accidently did it from stage 1 in stage select mode? Although trying bosses in stage select would kick you back to the menu after killing the boss so I'm not sure. Maybe its a glitch?

Blue Wish Resurrection is free and of a very similar quality so that's a great one to check out if you're interested.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Is it time for you to graduate to playing Hell difficulty?

The previous games disabled replay saving if you paused. Might be something similar going on.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Razion EX on all difficulties. One of the best non routing focused shooters I guess:

Novice
https://youtu.be/EUch9vK9yhM
Normal
https://youtu.be/uwqy-lUplG8
Maniac
https://youtu.be/AiywisLFYrc
To Far Away Times

Lethe wrote:Is it time for you to graduate to playing Hell difficulty?

The previous games disabled replay saving if you paused. Might be something similar going on.
Well, that would explain it. Bit of a shame really, pausing doesn't affect replays in just about any other game. =/

Maybe I'll jump up to hell at some point. Want to try the new ship out a bit first.
jehu

Post by jehu »

Pulled off the 1CC of Mushi 1.5 Original last night. I was in game-dabbling hell for a whole month prior, so it felt nice to finally sit down and commit to one game long enough to see it through.

I want to try to knock out at least one Halloween-themed clear, so Cotton 68K is up next for me. Undeadline is also in the cards, but I'm not optimistic about my chances of clearing that one before the month's out. Open to other recommendations for Halloween shooties: but, like, what is there left - Deathsmiles, Abadox + Zombie Nation, ... ?
miwa

Post by miwa »

Got a 1CC in Espgaluda 2 on Normal Mode yesterday!
Playing this in tate on Nintendo Switch is so much fun :D

https://youtu.be/B79LvT-S80s
To Far Away Times

Kinda stretching the definition of an I did it, but I 1CC'd Raging Blasters. This game wears it's inspirations on its sleeve, and it would have been right at home with PC Engine style shmups like Blazing Lazers and Solider Blade. And those are very much my kinda game. Decent visuals and and music as well. Raging Blasters almost feels like an extended caravan game, since survival is so easy and it seems so score focused.

Not a bad game, but it's just too easy to present a satisfying survival challenge. The best shmups should push back a little bit, they don't have to be crazy hard, but it should take some effort to clear. This doesn't really have that. The last game I played through, Blue Wish Desire, was also on the easier side, but survival feels good and earned in that game.
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

Gun Frontier 1CC
To Far Away Times

I No Miss 1-ALL'd X-Multiply! This game has always been something of a white whale for me. It's the 1CC I've wanted the most out of all the games I haven't beaten. I've always really liked this game but could never string it all together for a good run. Twice before in years past I got discouraged after practicing my way up to the second to last stage. Well, now I've finally done it. I spent the last 7 days playing 2-3 hours sessions every day and I was finally able to get over that hill . This actually took me a lot longer than any of the R-Type games which kinda surprised me. There isn't a lot of things shooting at you but death can happen in so many different ways, and it's not quite as static as an R-Type, so the randomness in stage 6 can really make a difference.

Anyway, X-Multiply is quite a brilliant little game, and I was lucky enough to record a replay of it. I was a bit inspired by Jaimers' amazing 2-All of the game recently; and I've been thinking of doing a commentary on the game, and maybe just trying to highlight all the little moves I memorized. "Go above the power up here," or "use this background element to line up a safe spot...." that sort of thing) Might be useful for anyone working on the game.
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

Add Verytex to my list. First played it about a year or so ago, but this was prior to me knowing about the concept of 1cc'ing games so I just kind of dicked around with it. Was just kind of messing with it now after sessions of Super Mario RPG, but they were going so well I figured may as well hunker down for the 1cc. Can't believe at one point I thought this game was difficult.

This game gets a lot of crap for being as generic as it gets and the people who say that are not really wrong, but I find the game to be entertaining and it has its charm. It helps that it has IMO one of the best OST's on the Mega Drive. Its OST is to synthwave what Streets of Rage's OST is to dance music. This game also holds some sentimental value for me as it is the first shmup I really got into and I associate it with some good memories so there is that.
To Far Away Times

Verytex has some rocking tunes. Nice clear!
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

Satazius 1cc on Normal mode. I own this game since 2016 but only now decided to play it seriously for some reason.

I guess finally getting comfortable playing shmups with Arcade Stick contributed to it - this game has no D-pad support on gamepads and Keyboard is tiresome to me.
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Cleared the first loop in Tiger Heli arcade, via the ps4 M2 port.

The challenge mode on the M2 port is quite helpful for practice and learning all the happy surprise tank locations. Probably spend more time studying the final stage than the others combined. Overall this game is pretty annoying though, so I don't think I'll give it much more effort.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Cleared Thunder Force AC (Switch) on kids and normal. I guess there is no hard mode in this game but I will try to get a one life clear the next days. Sadly I can not capture my SFC Version with my OSSC/Cam Link :(

Kids: https://youtu.be/ab-bslofd40
Normal: https://youtu.be/-N4bQNSHPa0
Angry Hina

Post by Angry Hina »

Made an 1LC (no miss) run in Thunder Force AC. :D

https://youtu.be/O2Vhf9JSuiU

Was really fun to learn the later half of the game.
To Far Away Times

Congrats on the clear. It's a really fun game. Saw you were also working on the SFC version, are you planning on doing the Genesis one too?