shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:14 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4846 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162
 Post subject: Re: I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:47 am 

Pawarumi Normal Course on PS4. Not too many people playing this one right now, but I would be tempted to come back if it heats up. NOBODY yet has cleared Hard on PS4 so that's maaaaybe next up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:53 am 

Nice work on Pawarumi! I've been playing a bit on Steam. My runs are frequently ending at the pyramid section of stage 4.

I managed to 1cc Neko Navy on Hard and Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo in the same day. Neko is fantastic and fairly easy, especially with the unlockable characters. Mecha Rita was great too - some really interesting designs and bullet patterns. A clear is super easy, with all the resources given and a forgivable rank system.

EDIT: And just broke 40m in Blue Revolver on Hyper. Not much of an achievement tbh, but it's a start! Can't get past St4 yet, but I blame that on losing silly lives in the early stages.
To Far Away Times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:16 am 

I got my first 1CC on G-Darius (PS1 version)! I've been working on the top route in brief sessions over the last couple of weeks and got it tonight. I sat down to record some gameplay, thinking I'd probably have to use a credit or two, but I ended up getting a 1LC in the process. This game always seemed really tough to me, but through figuring out a good route (and playing some boss rush), it's much more strategic in nature than I realized and thus not as challenging as I thought. Great game and I think I will begin working on the other routes. Got a full recording of the run, here: https://youtu.be/b6MSNnfCJJ0

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:25 am 

Awesome job Austin! Seeing you methodically take the game apart gives me hope that I can clear it too (it's one of my 2020 goals). The way Dual Horn zips around the screen has killed me so many times; I'm glad you didn't meet the same fate.

I achieved a goal I set for myself, which was surviving past 2-1 in a Psikyo game. I picked the comparatively tame Gunbird for that task, and after a few weeks, I finally prevailed~
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/568848928

It was a real treat to learn how to 'solve' this game's bullet patterns. Each new safe-spot felt well-earned and not divorced from the possibility of death! There was a certain point in practice where bullets slowed down and I could 'see' everything. Nothing like being in the zone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:17 am 

EmperorIng wrote:
Awesome job Austin! Seeing you methodically take the game apart gives me hope that I can clear it too (it's one of my 2020 goals). The way Dual Horn zips around the screen has killed me so many times; I'm glad you didn't meet the same fate.

Yep, Dual Horn was a roadblock for me in the beginning. Then I learned its patterns and I can get through him consistently. The way he zips around the screen is the same every time, so as long as you can anticipate it, it's easy to dodge. Best of luck when you give it another try!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:00 pm 

A Garou: Mark of the Wolves MVS Survival Mode level 8 with Marco.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBCnlM3_nZU
Wanting all a lot of fighting games this year.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:27 pm 

Image Fight no-miss 2-ALL!
Very hard and unforgiving game.

Video with thoughts included.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:48 pm 

Legendary stuff - well done, Jaimers! When I first got the 1-ALL I assumed it would follow R-Type in having a second loop that wasn't too much harder than the first. I was very swiftly corrected.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:22 pm 

I broke 10mil in Darius Gaiden!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:18 pm 

I...hm...
A blind first attempt, but I get the feeling this is not at all an impressive clear. I just shut off wait and jumped in. I assume Hell is what's really worth celebrating.

This game is really satisfying for some reason.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:40 pm 

Heaven and Original difficulty aren't hugely difficult shmups by any means, but they're still a lot of fun, especially to play for score. You've also got AutoGuard on which will make it a lot easier, and having AutoGuard OFF actually adds a significant bonus for lives at the end of the game and is necessary to do if you want to play for score. So whether you want a challenge or just to play for score more seriously, why not try them again with AutoGuard off?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:49 am 

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:
Heaven and Original difficulty aren't hugely difficult shmups by any means, but they're still a lot of fun, especially to play for score. You've also got AutoGuard on which will make it a lot easier, and having AutoGuard OFF actually adds a significant bonus for lives at the end of the game and is necessary to do if you want to play for score. So whether you want a challenge or just to play for score more seriously, why not try them again with AutoGuard off?

See I didn't know what auto guard even was until it I actually got hit by the second or third boss. I saw it in the options, but wasn't sure and don't like touching settings I don't know about. I'm practicing Hell right now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:31 pm 

^^^ What game is this?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:04 pm 

It's Blue Wish Resurrection Plus. It's a freeware game that had two releases, Blue Wish Resurrection and a "black label" style updated Plus version.

http://www004.upp.so-net.ne.jp/x_xgameroom/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:53 am 

Blue Wish Resurection Plus is one of the rare intersections of easy and awesome.

Everything about that game kicks ass.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:35 am 

Yeah, it's a great "in" to the bullet hell sub-genre. I always bring it up when people are asking for a place to start.
With the default settings, "wait" and "auto-guard" on, no matter your skill level, you're going to have a good time, probably get a 1cc and teach yourself all of the fundamentals.

With the recent influx of new players finding shmups through the switch, it'd be great if this could be ported over.
It'd be fantastic seeing this guy making a bit of coin and these players having a great place to start.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4846 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162