shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:17 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
 Post subject: Re: The Self-Introduction Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:32 am 

Hi.
I like shmups since when I discovered "Aero Fighter."
I am not the best player, but I enjoy playing and in recent years I have programmed my own shmup

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:45 am 

Just a quick hello to all. I'm a old school shmup player who grew up in the 80's. I'm glad to be hear and look forward to much discussion.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:40 pm 

Yo, I'm new to the genre. Got into it 6 months ago.
I 1cced Sengoku Ace. Mushi Futari Original. Steel Empire. Batsugun.
Shmups are fun.
I think I'll practice some scoring in original Batsugun. I like it a lot.

Cheers. :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:48 am 

I've loved shoot 'em ups, arcade and action games all my life and thought it's high time I at least set myself up for contributing to this community.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:06 pm 

I've lurked for forever so I figured it was time to make an account.

PCE and Saturn are my go to systems.
Currently playing metal slug and trying to get that 2-all in Gunbird.

Maybe one day I'll finally get good.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:38 pm 

Hi,

I have been playing shmups as far as I remember. My first one was Fantasy Zone released on the sega master system, and since then I always had an interest in this game genre.
My favorite console hardware are the pc engine and the xbox360. Both gave me lots of hours of fun playing the games I like.

Now I own an arcade cabinet and can finally come back to play the shmup games I like the way they were meant to be played.

Looking forward to have a good time here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:54 pm 

Hey everyone. I've been a long time lurker on here, but haven't posted anything before. Been playing shmups pretty seriously for about a year now. Not too good yet, but I'm getting better. I upload my 1CC's to YouTube every once and a while, and have been trying to take scoring more seriously. I look forward to being more active here, and getting to know everyone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:40 am 

Always good to see more community Youtube channels! Fine choice of channel avatar btw. Also Heidern is cool. :cool: Image

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:08 pm 

Thanks! Yeah I love me some Guwange, but I am trash at it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:54 am 

Greetings! I am A Skeleton. I have a show on Youtube called The Bone Zone where I review hidden gems on Steam.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:07 pm 

Hi everyone!
I have been playing shmups on and off for several years but recently started to play them more seriously. I am a big fan of Toaplan and Cave arcade games.
Aside from video games I'm also into movies (a lot of my favorites being japanese) and literature.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:50 am 

hello! i'm charlene and i'm an old SHMUP fan who just recently re-discovered her love for them and has started playing them again thanks to the magic of MAME. i'm currently playing a lot of DoDonPachi, Dai-Ou-Jou & Ketsui. i figured i've been browsing this forum a lot the last few weeks (i started practicing DDP six months ago) and i may as well register and get in on the discussion (and ask questions and such).

plus it's been about eight years since the last time i was on a forum and phpBB gives me tons of nostalgia, lol. <3

she/her

currently practicing: DoDonPachi (1-ALL), DDP Dai-Ou-Jou (BL 1-ALL), DDP Dai-Fukkatsu (Novice + BL Novice 1-ALL), Ketsui (1-1~1-3), Crimzon Clover (1CC + TLB), Raiden IV: OverKill (1CC)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:48 pm 

Hi everyone,
I found this place due to my interest in moving to playing old console games on crts. Since i picked up an aperture grille set i haven't looked back and have since got a few more. I'm interested in video input modding and am currently trying to revive an old 1992 trinitron. I am just waiting to get my first post approved where i go into it. If your a crt guru i might see you there! Cheers :D

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Wanted to do the Say Hello Thing
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:48 pm 

I just signed up - I have known about the board for a little while, but was trying to avoid picking up a new forum to have to follow, but it seems that this is the one for the things that interest me.

Those things are mostly retro console gaming - my current systems are:

NES / Famicom
Sega Genesis
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Neo Geo Cbox
PCEngine

and now a Nintendo Wii

I am running all of them out via RGB to a Hydra SCART switcher to a OSSC and then to a Asus Monitor

I look forward to reading and learning here.

Cooper

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:38 pm 

Hi! I love shmups since my childhood, when i first played Aero Blaster on the MD. Since then, I played them occasionally during my teen and twenties until lately, when I bought a NSW: Striker 1945 and Ikaruga revamped the holy fire, hotter than ever! :D
In particular I like Treasure, Raizing, Cave and the 16-bit era STGs

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:15 am 

Hi all. I've been interested on and off with shmups for quite a few years now and have just started to get back in to it. I used to be quite into the doujin games and played a fair bit of Crimzon Clover when it first came out. I also enjoy the typical Cave games but have also be starting to try older games like Darius. I'm really no good at any of the games, old or new, but I do enjoy playing them a lot. I would like to one day start collecting for older consoles or even arcade, if I can ever afford to do so haha.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:10 pm 

*waves to all

As long as I’ve played video games, I’ve been a stg fan. It’s difficult to remember exactly, but I believe the first game I ever played was a cocktail Galaga in a Pizza Hut over 30 years ago. That game remains a favorite to this day. Destination Earthstar for NES and Steel Empire for Genesis were the first ones I really sunk time into at home.

My favorite game of all time and my bread and butter is Tempest 2000 for the Jaguar. I have beaten it a few times and would say it is the game and stg I am best at. With how much I love playing them a lot, I’m past my friends skill wise but still feel I need lots of practice to get to a better level of play. Have not 1cc’d anything yet, as far as I know.

Current favorites include all of the region free Cave titles on 360, PS3/4 and Steam, Gigawing 2 and Mars Matrix for DC, Radiant Silvergun/Ikaruga and whatever i can get my hands on to plug into my Mega SG. Loving my Switch Flipgrip combo. So many good ones that have been put out on there.

Have Esprade PSI and Radirgy Swag preordered, waiting on the Cotton rerelease, Aleste Branch and anything good that is new to me :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:36 pm 

Alright, long term lurker here that finally decided to register. Been playing SHMUPS for a while, first one I remember was Phobia on my trusty C64. Also loved Sanxion, hence the username.

Mainly play on PS4 these days, feel free to add me on PSN, username is kickwhamstunner

Cheers.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:20 pm 

Hi all,

Another long time lurker, figured it was time I joined in on the discussion. I've been playing shmups for 30 odd years and nobody can stop me now!
Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53