The Self-Introduction Thread

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
pdp

Re: The Self-Introduction Thread

Post by pdp »

Hi everyone,

I'm from the Minneapolis area and have been a long time lurker.
Last edited by pdp on Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
mccutheon

Post by mccutheon »

Hey Hey,

Howdy from Nova Scotia, Canada.

I recently started to get back in gaming, emulation (esp MAME), and I've just made it through the 160 pages of the CRT RGB mod thread.

You have a great community here, kudos on the wealth of information!
Starfighter

Post by Starfighter »

mccutheon wrote:Howdy from Nova Scotia
Cool, there's a lot of good bands coming out of Nova Scotia recently! :)
imbord3rlin3

Post by imbord3rlin3 »

hi im imbord3rlin3. i have a few candy cabs and some arcade clears under my belt. just yesterday i beat psyvariar medium unit. speaking of which, this game is partly what brought me here. i purchased a psyvariar super play called HDK's Factory Game Video 02 Psyvariar by player ISO. i have been told this superplay wasnt publicly available. i have already uploaded it to youtube for preservational purposes, but there is also a 10 page booklet with strategy for the levels and stuff about buzz, which i believe is advice from ISO. my question is, where should i put those images? i am new and don't know the layout of the shmups forum. i have a feeling i am in the right place to find out.
Wiihavealife

Post by Wiihavealife »

Hello everyone! I'm Wiihavealife.

Been a big Shmup fan for a long time having played a lot of Touhou while I was in high school! I'd often bring a flash drive loaded with a bunch of them to play in computer classes if I finished my work early. Lately I've been playing a lot of cave games that I've acquired on various consoles + some other titles that stood out to me. Seems like a great era for Shmups right now with so many options on steam/ps4/switch/360 etc. and it looks like it isn't stopping. Honestly feels hard to keep up with all of the releases sometimes. A release I'm pretty excited for right now is M2's DDP DOJ release.

I got my first cave pcb last year, Espgaluda! Which I have been playing on my mini cute repro cab. Going for the 1cc and made it pretty far into Jakou just the other night. Definitely feel like the 1cc will come very soon. Great game!

Hoping to get more cave pcbs in the future to play and clear! Thinking about getting an Ibara or Mushi Futari BL pcb this year if I can track one of them down...
Or maybe I'll just get an espgaluda 2 pcb since I'm enjoying 1 a lot lol.

Anyway, feel like I'm just rambling on now but it's great to be here! Nice to meet you all.
musiquity

Post by musiquity »

hi guys!
From italy, many greetings!
Nahar

Post by Nahar »

imbord3rlin3 wrote:hi im imbord3rlin3. i have a few candy cabs and some arcade clears under my belt. just yesterday i beat psyvariar medium unit. speaking of which, this game is partly what brought me here. i purchased a psyvariar super play called HDK's Factory Game Video 02 Psyvariar by player ISO. i have been told this superplay wasnt publicly available. i have already uploaded it to youtube for preservational purposes, but there is also a 10 page booklet with strategy for the levels and stuff about buzz, which i believe is advice from ISO. my question is, where should i put those images? i am new and don't know the layout of the shmups forum. i have a feeling i am in the right place to find out.

Welcome! You should also ask in the thread "Shmups questions that doesn't deserve a thread". I think not many people reads the new posts here.

Also I'd recommend the Strategy sub-forum.
Elbenasso

Post by Elbenasso »

Hi,

long time lurker and silent user from Italy.

Not good enough player but avid collector.

Ican't remember the name of my old account, but, hey, here i am.

Un salutone a tutti gli altri italiani del forum (dovremmo beccarci prima o poi!)
Elbenasso

Post by Elbenasso »

musiquity wrote:hi guys!
From italy, many greetings!
Grande!
Agt2018

Post by Agt2018 »

Hello, just recently got interested to STG games and found this forum really helpful and decided to make account. Nice to meet you all.
DGR114

Post by DGR114 »

Hi all.
Im from the United States. I’ve been playing shmups casually for about a year now and have lurked on here for a few months so I decided to finally make an account. My favorite shmup devs are Compile and Naxat Soft.
kyletwentytwo

Post by kyletwentytwo »

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster. Always enjoyed shmups but got really into clearing them 18 months ago or so. So far I've taken down about half of Cave's library, and a few others. Just got Giga Wing today!

Looking forward to chatting with, and learning from, you all!

Kyle
Jujufresh

Hi everybody ✌️

Post by Jujufresh »

Hello everyone

I am Julien, I live in France and have fallen into the magic of retrogaming for about 10 years, I first started by collecting Super Nintendo and n64 games, then little by little I became interested in arcade games and stumbled upon espgaluda one day... and since then I became addicted to shmup, especially cave games (which I love as much for their scoring system)

See you soon

Have a good evening ✌️
mightymikey

Post by mightymikey »

Hello, here is the traditional first post. :) I'm from the US, have been collecting and using retro hardware since it wasn't retro but new, mostly Nintendo but I've got my fair share of other neat stuff tucked away here and there.

I haven't been on a phpBB board in a long time, but it feels like home, I spent most of my teenage years on the extremeoverclocking forums.

Greetings!
DABOSSUK

Post by DABOSSUK »

Hi from the UK

I used to be a member here years ago but long since lost my account details. Member of UKVAC and JAMMA + before that collapsed.

Huge fan of Darius and own the original arcade machines (Darius and Sagaia) 3 and 2 screen monsters.

I'll post some images soon. I've spare PCB's for both machines and thought it was about time to pass them on... the machines are way to big to move/sell and part of my office anyway.

Owned them for 15 plus years. Might be some old posts from me on here, as did sell a few boards back in the day.

Cheers

D
gamezer0

Post by gamezer0 »

Hello all!

Based in Madrid, Spain, I am relatively new to shmups, but haven’t stopped playing since I seriously got into them around 2 years ago. I have a home arcade that includes 3x candy cabs (2x Astro City + 1x AWSD) in which I play several shmups but mainly DoDonPachi. I recently managed to 2CC it and feeling like the 1cc is finally close after a long time practicing :D

Thanks
DjM3SA

Post by DjM3SA »

Hello,

First post here, I am posting so I can get access to trading forums!

I am on KLOV, arcade-projects, and pinside but am new here.

I do love shmups! Getting a blast city soon so I am looking to pick up some vertical Shmups for the cabinet!!!
Lastspaceship

Post by Lastspaceship »

Hi - I have a few schmups on various systems, currently metal black, omega fighter, r type set up. Here for tips / to contribute if I can. In the uk, London. Cheers !
astro_zombie138

Post by astro_zombie138 »

What's up everyone! Long time lurker and swear I had an account in the past but oh well. Member on ap, klov etc. Huge shmup fan with the Raiden series at the top of my list. I have two hs5 dynamo cabs and a Vewlix right now. I like to play my older consoles on my 27in JVC crt from nes to Dreamcast. Currently awaiting the arrival of my Exa and can't wait to try Aka on it.
pokemoe

Post by pokemoe »

Hey everyone, I've been quietly observing for some time now. Lately, I've been drawn to shoot 'em ups, racing games, and classic arcade titles as I'm feeling somewhat disenchanted with the present gaming scene. At the moment, I'm working on improving my skills in In The Hunt and Sky Kid ^_^
my name is pokémoe ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ pokewise
Flycast

Post by Flycast »

Hello everyone!
Finally i've joined the forum!. I'm an average SHMUPS player, here to gain more knowledge and maybe more skill 8) (ahahah)
I'm fashinated by every kind and genre of arcade (and also old in general) games on every systems.
Since i'm not a veteran like a lot of you, i'll be glad to listen your tips and suggestion on games, strategy and everything else. I hope to find a good community here :D
Nice too meet you!
Playing Now: Gleylancer
Playing Now: Strikers 1945 II

New account name: Lemnear

I'm a Barbie girl in a bullets world.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

It's nice to see so many new faces! :D
Bluto

Post by Bluto »

Hello!
I am the old MaoCPS, but I was forced to change my email address.
Thank you.
Skyfighter

Post by Skyfighter »

Hey dudes !

As a Shmup lover, i needed to sub here.

Need to train a lot when i see you scores, but scores don't matter.

Have fun !
shmuppy-puppy

Post by shmuppy-puppy »

Guten Tag,

I have recently bought a SteamDeck and got back into playing games after decades of abscence. My first shmup was Defender on the Atari 2600. I have always adored the genre but never played much.
Shmup Junkie‘s youtube video on Eschatos got me back into the world of shmupping.
That game offers an insane amount of fun.
I also want to thank Mark from the Electric Underground for his videos on Cave games, now I hope for more or their catalog to find it‘s way onto Steam.
It‘s great to see that there is a community here.
Tophat_trix

Post by Tophat_trix »

Hi!

I just created my account on the site so I thought I'd say hello. I'm not entirely used to forum sites, so I might not understand how to use it the best sorry. But I joined because recently I've taken up an interest in shmups.

Before I'd only played touhou, but I started to branch out after I found a copy of Mushihimesama for the ps2 in a shop and discovered Cave. I'm still fairly new to the scene, so tips and game recommendations are appreciated! :D

I'm also a fan of Manga (Specifically Q Hayashida), Old ps2 games (devil may cry, silent hill etc.), figure collecting and music.
Shmupking22

Post by Shmupking22 »

Hi all,

Greetings from UK. Currently joined not to long ago, big fan of the shootem ups. Been playing for the last 5 years or so, on and off. Pretty good at them, though I do want to conquer and 1cc Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 BL. I always keep dying, its ahhhh afterwards. Good fun though. I do like the Darius series particuarly Darius 2 and Gaiden. Both are very good. First one is good though I wasn't as good at the time when I purchased it. Very tough game.
Nahar

Post by Nahar »

Welcome to all the newcomers!
ReelyInteresting

Post by ReelyInteresting »

Long time lurker here. Been coming to the Shmups forums for years for various exclusive bits of hardware advice.

Hopefully, I'll be able to add some bits of my own experience when it comes to analog video formats... I've got a bit of experience in that area. :)
Kelvin Celsius

not IA here, just flesh and emptyness!

Post by Kelvin Celsius »

Spanish person
First contact: River Raid
CRT addict
UFO friendly, if not invaders
RGBHVily max level
Trinitron-tron
Fareaster nintendish
Lorenzoindustrioso