shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:12 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56
 Post subject: Re: The Self-Introduction Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:56 pm 

Hi all. I'm Zach, and I think I recently messed up my PVM, so I thought I'd join the forum that Google links me to for nearly every CRT-related question I have! I mostly play Super Mario World rom hacks that are of the Kaizo difficulty.

I submitted my first thread to Hardware yesterday, but I haven't seen it get approved yet. This isn't a "what's taking so long" question AT ALL, but I'm genuinely curious if I submitted the thread correctly. I don't see anything in my user cp that indicates that I submitted anything, but I just don't know how the cp displays posts awaiting moderation (if it does at all). Thank you! I really look forward to chatting here about my PVM issues!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Returning member
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:48 pm 

Hello,

Used to be member here many years ago early 00's couldn't recover my old account and i must've created a new one and never used it
as life took over but have got back into games through the Psikyo collections on Switch. Mainly interested in older games many of which seem to get a new lease of life on modern systems which is great.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:17 am 

Greetings, my name is Paolo, i am from Hamburg and working as a pilot for Turkish Airlines.
I am new to this arcade hobby, though i am familiar with lots of consoles.

Looking for a nice cab, too. Got a supergun already.

Cheers :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:50 pm 

Hi, I'm new here and new to Shmup's too. But recently I got interested in this kind of genre, I've only played R-Type, Gradius and Sonic Wings on Snes (pretty much a newbie on the surface).

So, I'm looking for where I could start my "jorney" into this properly, cause there are countless games to play! (also, sorry if my english is bad, I'm not a native speaker!). :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:24 am 

Hey there!!

Before I started playing shmups, I had a weird relationship with video games. Most of my friends played them, and even my parents played them, so I was raised in a game-positive environment, but I never connected with the medium. I played some games, mostly Flash games online and cheap plug-n-play arcade consoles, but nothing really clicked with me. However, when I played Deep Space Waifu, (yes, I know, don't laugh :roll: ) I instantly connected with the medium. After learning that game was a bullet hell shoot em up, I searched out Touhou, remembering it too was a bullet hell, and I instantly became attached to the series. While originally I only really played Touhou, I started to broaden my horizons. Harmful Park was the first horizontal shmup I played, and I enjoyed it immensely.

As far as my favorite shoot em up game, it's hard to narrow it down to just one. As I'm a big PC Engine fan, I absolutely love Magical Chase. The visuals are outstanding, but not distracting, the controls are fun and easy to use, and the shop system spices up gameplay, reminding me of a similar feature in Fantasy Zone. Considering I'm still quite new to the genre, I'm not very good at Radiant Silvergun or Ikaruga, but I adore both games, of course. I'll always respect every game in the Touhou series for really pushing me towards the shoot em up genre, and my favorite game throughout the series is probably Phantasmagoria of Flower View, since I'm obsessed with competitive split screen shoot em ups. Speaking of, Twinkle Star Sprites is also a favorite of mine.

Hopefully this post wasn't overly wordy. :)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56