shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:24 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1539 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
 Post subject: Re: The Self-Introduction Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:18 pm 

Deleted

Last edited by mandarin on Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:12 pm 

Yo. Typical shooting fan here. PCE, SAT, PSX, DC are my mainstays, NSW is good modern stuff. CAVE, Naxat and RED make a lot of my favs. よろしくね。

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:31 am 

Hi, everyone. I'm a gamer and programmer. Last three posts isn't allow yet. I hope this reply can be post in shump. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:35 pm 

Hello Fellow Gamers

I love SHMUPS... maybe not quite as much as some of you folks, but definitely more than the average gamer. After a few months/years of watching some members channels on Twitch and YouTube, I've decided to bite the glowing pink/blue bullet and join your club.

A very brief gaming bio: I've always believed that shooters (along with platformers, strategy, RPGs, fighters, and simulations including sports) are one of the fundamental pillars of gaming. Whenever I acquired a new system I liked to have one of each type before getting a 2nd. On Commodore it was Gradius, on Nintendo-Lifeforce, on SNES-Gradius 3, Genesis-Insector X (not my best pick :lol: ). Growing up my favorite "consoles" were the arcade (loved Street Fighter 2 and pinball far more than SHMUPS back then) and PC (DOS and Windows 95/98 for flight sims and strategy/war games). I took a long break from gaming and got back into it a few years ago, but I never completely quit.

What/How I Play: Now that I can enjoy all the arcade games I never had enough quarters to clear as a youth, SHMUPS have become my favorite type of game to play. I almost exclusively play using a Qanba Obsidian stick (of course modded :D ). I've been a fairly skilled gamer since my late teens, and as an adult I love the challenge of most SHMUPS.b I do not generally care for memorizers (with some exceptions) preferring games that are more about reflexes than preparation. Unlike many I love when there's a strong RNG element because I get a gambler's excitement knowing that any credit could be "the one" where all the random elements align and I clear/high score the game. My current favorites are the "Bat" trilogy (Garegga, Batrider, and Bakraid). While none of my scores are yet worth reporting, a 1 cc will happen if I keep playing regularly... I make no promises as to when. :)

Why I Joined: I've lurked your strategy board for a couple years now, and I can't wait to ask some questions of your membership. Not to be a kiss-ass, but I'm quite impressed with some of your accomplishments and would love to get some input on improving my play. I would eventually like to make some contributions of my own when I feel able to do so.

On Twitch I use the handle 1stworlddf.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:08 pm 

Hi!

Another younger, but devoted shmup/shoot 'em up fan here. Just as much into learning and researching about the history of the genre as I am into playing the games. Hope to learn a lot more from all of you here on the forum!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:14 pm 

Hello! I'm Flobeamer1922. Some of you may know me as that Donkey Kong guy, but I've recently been introduced to the world of shmups through my friend Pearl. Now, while I'm not the biggest shmup person in the world, there are quite a number of games in the genre I enjoy; I like my early 80s shmups like Galaxian and Galaga and Donkey Kong 3, I really dig Toaplan games, and I do dabble in danmakus every now and again. I'm terrible at most of these games, but (at the time of writing this) I do have one clear to my name in the form of a Zero Wing 1-ALL, and I do have other shmup goals I hope to accomplish at some point.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:11 pm 

Hi forum folks,

Been a shmup fan since early 90s but only started that delicious g r i n d about 2 years ago. Currently working on a hi-score run of DOJWL (PS2 copy). My gaming habits are trending toward spending more time with fewer shmups instead of playing tourist all the time.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:48 am 

Since i've been registered since 2014, reading and learning and really appreciating all the informations you guys let me know, i thinking
it's time now for me to saying a huge THANKS and introducing myself.

"Hi, i'm S. from South Central Bavaria and really enjoying STGs and arcade games in general. Owning a few cabs and PCBs, and also a small PCE setup.
Otherwise i'm a simple man, i like pretty things... :wink:"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:32 pm 

Kollision wrote:
lkermel wrote:
I'm also the webmaster of Video Game Den

Welcome!

Video Game Den is great, I'm always checking it out from time to time!
:)

Thank you! I'm so happy that you like the website :)
I can't believe that I've been working on Video Game Den for 15+ years! There are still soooo many games I would like to review and add to the site, but between my work and side projects, free time has been really scarce... blarf... but I do add information and goodies from time to time - for instance I just got a nice selection of Famicom flyers and other Shitajikis, I will scan them soon and add them to the website :)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1539 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52