shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:27 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51
 Post subject: Re: The Self-Introduction Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:54 am 

Hi all, I'm a casual shmup fan from New Zealand. My earliest shmup memories are playing Uridium and Silkworm on the C64 as a kid, and my love for the genre grew when I first played Lifeforce on the NES. For whatever reason I never really played many shmups after the Megadrive/Genesis era, apart from a handful of NeoGeo games in the local arcade.

I'm for the last 6 months or so I have been (very) slowly making my own shmup as a hobby in my spare time (slightly old teaser gif: https://imgur.com/jWSm2Yc), which made me want to try all the different types of shmups that I had missed out on since the early 90s, and have since had the pleasure of playing ZeroRanger, Jamestown, Steredenn and simply trying not to die continuously in others such as Ikaruga, Raiden IV, DoDonPachi Resurrection.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:40 pm 

Hey,

I'm finally writting here after having been forwarded by Google like a million times during the latest 5 years. I guess, this day had to come at some point.

Cheers to all!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:34 pm 

New user...looking to buy/trade stuff for Naomi Universal system. Hoping someone can clue me in as to when/how I'm eligible to see the For Sale forum.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:25 am 

Hi, I'm from the western U.S.
I have been into arcade games, shmups, and tech for a long time now.
I suspect this is a place for me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:49 pm 

Hi!

I'm César from Spain.
I am a passionate shmups player since I was very young and I like all kinds of genres, from the most classic to the danmaku.
I registered years ago for my love of the shmups, but I don´t speak English very well and for that reason I didn't write in the forum, but for me it has always been a reference and I hope it continues being so for many years :)
I'll try to participate more around here anyway.

Cheers to all!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:09 pm 

Hi, I registered here about 3 years ago, and decided I better make my first post and start getting into conversations here.
In addition to shmups, I enjoy a variety of genres, and I am into a lot of technical stuff such as PCB's, video converters, arcade hardware, controllers, and programming.
I live in Salt Lake.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:16 am 

Hi Shmupers,

I'm Doggy D from Belgium.

My oldest shmup experiences (by memory) are : Space Invaders (small cabinet toy), Tiger Heli (NES) and 1942 (arcade)

My 10 biggest "Coups de foudre" are : Dodonpachi, Blazing Star, Batsugun, Twin Cobra, Thunder Force III, Battle Garegga, Mushihimesama, Parodius, Raiden Fighters 2 and Ketsui (even It hates me...)

I play on arcade, PC and original consoles (Neo Geo Aes, PC Engine, etc. to PS4).

My best performance : 1CC on Dodonpachi

My best IRL shmup souvenir : Stunfest 2019 (Rennes, France)

That's all folks ! :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:22 am 

hey all,

I'm Ethan from the US currently based in the Philippines.

I've been playing shmups since I was kid, but at this stage I would just consider myself 'competent' at them.
My faves are Guwange, Dodonpachi, Crimson Clover (OG), and Fire Shark.

Looking forward to meeting you all and discussing shmups!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:39 am 

Hello!
I'm Vasteeler, form Italy.
Old videogamer, shoot'em up fan since the beginning, starting with the great Thunder Force IV.
Recently digging vertical bullet hell and now my favourites are Dodonpachi and Battle Garegga.
Currently building a new arcade stick. LS23 forever!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:23 pm 

I just became interested in this genre a few months ago after stumbling across some mention of shmups on reddit. I realized that I already had crimzon clover and jamestown in my steam library from previous bundles/sales and decided to give them a try. And I found them really fun, especially the super-satisfying double break in crimzon clover. I mostly play on PC, but I have a few older consoles too. I was lucky enough to already own mars matrix on the dreamcast before it became expensive. I fired it up and have been enjoying the game. After some steam sales and other bundles my collection has grown. My current favorites are:

graze counter
crimzon clover
ikaruga
dodonpachi resurrection
danmaku unlimited 2/3
mushihimesama
neko navy
sky force reloaded
trouble witches
mars matrix
jamestown

If anyone has recommendations for other games similar to the above, please let me know. I hope to pick up mushihimesama futari and gradius v someday, both are expensive though. Graze counter is my current favorite, I really love the grazing laser mechanics. Bought Steel Vampire this morning, we'll see how it is.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:43 am 

Hi, I'm just joining for hardware questions and because my friend gave me Crimson Clover a few years ago and I finally want to beat it. Maybe score but doubtful. I'm not a stg player but I always liked Gradius and older horizontal stgs without huge bullet patterns to dodge and autofire powered up that annihilates everything in the line of fire. Not that I dislike them either.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:48 am 

Hi to all :D

Warm greetings from Europe.

My first memory of shmup is Lifeforce.

The endurance I put to play has changed with the past years.

Today I use it mostly for the creation of medias.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:16 am 

Welcome to the fold peoples.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:48 pm 

Hi,

I'm a developer with a keen interest in reproducing 80's coin-op games...

Shooters are my favourite genre, including: ASO, 1942, Slap Fight, Xevious, Galaxian, Space Invaders, Galaga, Terra Cresta and so on and so on ;-)

I've taken a sabbatical to develop a bunch of these types of games - looking forward to contributing to the communiity

_R

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:50 pm 

Hi there, my name's Garf. I'm from the UAE and I love old shmups. My favorite shmups would be Parodius, and the Nemesis series on MSX. Or even Keio Flying Squadron. :D

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1515 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51