shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:06 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
 Post subject: Re: The Self-Introduction Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:15 pm 

Good evening (it´s 23:04 over here) everyone, i still adore the fallen republic of ZEON hence myn nickname. Besides dreaming of greater time lost in space, i work at a company and process medical data all day long (well some other stuff too but i am not here to bore you to death, so i will cut that out) and in my time off work i like to play "old" games. Old like in pre-2000. I am totally in love with the 80s, 90s japanese arcade games and of course i adore the home consoles & computers from that time too. I like to research stuff about this period, about it´s hardware, it´s games and their creators, about the history of japanese video game makers and their history. I love "golden age" anime too. No suprise i guess.

Somebody some posts above me said that he felt the aesthetic in DonDonPachi were great and i totally agree and feel the same. That goes without saying for many other games as well but here we have a great example for what i am talking about in terms of perfect pixel love.

Besides that i love BBQ, fizzy soda drinks, all kinds of cute animals (yeah... CUTE animals, like squirrels, foxes, owls and the like) and sex.

Well, i guess i will stop here. Hope to meet some nice people here, have some nice conversation and enjoy my time with you all.

PS: Yeah, i really like shoot´em ups. But that should be obviously i guess.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Hi All from Canada
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:33 pm 

Jan 26 2019
Canada

Tsavathay - 34 years

Hi! I'm Alan, finally decided to introduce myself and actively participate in these forums. I've been using Shmups as a resource for some time to recommend some games but most recently I've been interested in picking up a Candy cabinet and am here to connect with others regarding shmup PCB collecting and whatever else comes up (if anyone lives in Canada and wants to work out a group buy lmk).

My main collection consists of home consoles used with Sony PVM 14M2U and Sony PVM 20M2MDU RGB Scart or OSSC (for Xbox360)

Sega Saturn:
Batsugun, DodonPachi,Battle Garrega, Strikers 1945, Radiant Silver Gun, Blast Wind, Soukyugurentai, game tengoku, Cotton 2, Darius Gaiden, Layer Section, Sonic Wings
*I'm looking for Gekirindan and I think I'll be done with this....
PC-Engine Duo-R RGB Mod:
Alzadick Summer Carnival '92, Download 1&2, Dragon Spirit, Gate of Thunder, Hellfire S, Image fight II, Mr.Heli, Nexzr, Psychic Storm, R-type, Rayxanber II, Spriggan MK II, Super Star Soldier, W-Rings.
*looking for spriggan and that'll be it.
Xbox 360:
Espgaluda 2, DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu Black Label, Ginga force, Setsui, Mushihime-same futari

Anyways - I love games but also my family friends and work, really haven't played much within last 2.5 yrs but hoping this Candy Cab journey allows me to enjoy my shmups and other passions a little more.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:26 pm 

Hi I've been lurking here for some time now and I never introduced myself ... aaaarrghhh
I'm an R-Type addict!
Nice to meet you!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:15 am 

Hello all!

Decided I should finally create an account after years of referring to this forum for shmups news and strategy, and spending far to much time procrastinating practicing shmups by reading about them.

The first shmup I played seriously was Imperishable Night, a little more than a decade ago, and every few years I pick up a game that restarts the obsession, usually after late night MagFest arcade sessions. Currently it has been Dragon Blaze on Switch and Mushihimesama on Steam via a Blast City cab.

In any case, I've found this forum to be a source of lots of awesome information as I refine techniques and have started moving towards using a stick instead of keyboard, but tend to be terrible at actually posting online.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50