Dodonpachi Daioujou Patch

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
emphatic

Re: Dodonpachi Daioujou Patch

Post by emphatic »

IIRC, it just tells you there's a patch available, then you can download it. I don't remember if I used my Japanese account or not though. Just do it!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

emphatic wrote:I don't remember if I used my Japanese account or not though.
Patches are distributed globally through the XBL network, so you have to be signed in but in general patches are not tied to a region specific service. I downloaded the DOJ patch on my NTSC-J 360 while being signed into my NA XBL account. The patch has to be done the hard way if the console cannot connect to the XBL network.
Last edited by HydrogLox on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanMagoo

Post by DanMagoo »

HydrogLox wrote:
Patches are distributed globally through the XBL network, so you have to be signed in but in general patches are not tied to a region specific service. I downloaded the DOJ patch on my NTSC-J 360 while being signed into my NA XBL account.
Now that's a straight answer - thanks!
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

DanMagoo wrote:
HydrogLox wrote:
Patches are distributed globally through the XBL network, so you have to be signed in but in general patches are not tied to a region specific service. I downloaded the DOJ patch on my NTSC-J 360 while being signed into my NA XBL account.
Now that's a straight answer - thanks!
It was in the early part of the first post of an informative thread that's a sticky at the very top of the hardware section. That's not exactly cryptic.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
DanMagoo

Post by DanMagoo »

brentsg wrote: It was in the early part of the first post of an informative thread that's a sticky at the very top of the hardware section. That's not exactly cryptic.
It's not exactly a link either.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

DanMagoo wrote:
brentsg wrote: It was in the early part of the first post of an informative thread that's a sticky at the very top of the hardware section. That's not exactly cryptic.
Neither cryptic, obfuscated or obscure:

Guide to owning a Japanese 360:
- Will required patches for Japanese 360 games work if I log in with an American account?
Patches automatically download when you load a game regardless of your region.
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

DanMagoo wrote:
If I hadn't been browsing from my phone then I might have provided a link. If you hadn't been inept then you might have found it.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
DanMagoo

Post by DanMagoo »

brentsg wrote: If I hadn't been browsing from my phone then I might have provided a link. If you hadn't been inept then you might have found it.
Next time maybe just keep browsing?

Still looking forward to that link though.
eatfrog

Post by eatfrog »

DanMagoo wrote: Still looking forward to that link though.
Two posts up. "Guide to owning a Japanese 360"
DanMagoo

Post by DanMagoo »

eatfrog wrote:Two posts up. "Guide to owning a Japanese 360"
That's not a link either.
Teufel_in_Blau

Post by Teufel_in_Blau »

DanMagoo wrote:That's not a link either.
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 32#p427232
GaijinPunch wrote:I don't have 40 minutes to do anything other than fist myself these days.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

Go online with your Xbox. The patch will download automatically. Besides, I think it's inane how you refuse to look for "guide to owning a japanese xbox". What's up with that level of passive aggressiveness?
DanMagoo

Post by DanMagoo »

Today's top scorer!
DanMagoo

Post by DanMagoo »

Bonus! wrote:Go online with your Xbox. The patch will download automatically. Besides, I think it's inane how you refuse to look for "guide to owning a japanese xbox". What's up with that level of passive aggressiveness?
Dude let's be honest, what's inane is jumping on a thread where someone is requesting simple info, posting criticism of their inability to locate the info and then refusing to answer the original, simple question or provide a link.

Why would you bother wasting everyone's time like that?

Google brings people here (not to the Japanese XBox thread) if they wanna know specifically about the DOJ patch. Now they have a straight answer, no thanks to some.
Makoto_Nanaya

Post by Makoto_Nanaya »

Talon wrote:For those of you who aren't able to download the pach to Daioujou for the fixes. The link below has a rar file that should contain the files needed. Let me know if this works for you. If not I can try and find the correct files again.

Daioujou Patch
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I have a question about the patch. I own a Japanese XBox 360 and a copy of Dodonpachi Daioujou. When I initially installed the game I also downloaded the patch. Just recently I've had to delete the game file (which was on a USB) and reinstall it (to an internal 500 GB hard drive).

After I reinstalled the game and opened it, I was not prompted to download the patch again (I was connected to XBox Live at the time). Please note the USB where the game was previously installed is no longer connected.

Because I was not prompted to download the patch again, does this mean the patch is already applied, having been stored elsewhere on my XBox? I have a 4GB Japanese Slim. I'm assuming all patches save to the 4GB internal memory in the system items?

The title screen identifies the game as Ver. 1.78. Can anyone confirm this is the version of the patch? I appreciate your time.
Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

There's an easy way to find out : if the "smoothing" option is absent from the config menu it means that the patch has been installed.
Makoto_Nanaya

Post by Makoto_Nanaya »

Feedbacker wrote:There's an easy way to find out : if the "smoothing" option is absent from the config menu it means that the patch has been installed.
Ok, thank you. The "smoothing option" is absent and it is actually version 1.8, so it looks like the patch is applied. I'm assuming patches save in your internal memory in "System Items."
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Makoto_Nanaya wrote:I'm assuming patches save in your internal memory in "System Items."
No. 360 patches are saved to some proprietary memory partition that is rather small (a few MB at best). There's no way to view which ones are currently active in the system. It's not like on the PS3 where updates are permanently downloaded to the hard drive.

For instance, if I haven't played JP Deathsmiles in a while, the game will ask me to download the update once I pop in the game. If I then back out to the main system menu and swap games to Left 4 Dead 2 (for instance), that game will prompt me to download the update. If I then once again, go back to the main system menu and swap disks again back to Deathsmiles, DS will once again prompt me to download the update (and again, all of this switching taking place within a span of about 3 minutes).
Beaps

Post by Beaps »

Anyone got a link to the patch as the link above is dead, many thanks
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

You can find it (and any other Xbox 360 update) on xboxunity.net

Just search for 465607D2