Irem Arcade Hits for PC - R-Type Leo, Air Duel etc.

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
The Coop

Re: Irem Arcade Hits for PC - R-Type Leo, Air Duel etc.

Post by The Coop »

MeshGearFox wrote:
The Coop wrote:A 32-bit executable would be cool, MeshGearFox. And nice work on this project.
Compiling now, although I was mistaken in assuming it wouldn't compile drivers for games that were in the driver list, so it'll be a bit before I can put it up.

Update:

32-bit executable is in the original zip I uploaded. I think Dropbox is still synching it but it should be up in no more than ten minutes. I don't have a 32-bit system handy to try it on so tell me if there are any issues.
I never saw this update. I thought the thread had died, and came looking for it to see what how things were going. Shame the site doesn't notify people of updates like this.

That said, I'll give the games that are working a test run and see how they function.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

OK. Way overdue, but...

I tested out the ROMs that were mentioned, and the ones from the Irem set seem to be working. There are some audio hiccups/stutters, but I don't know if that's my system, or the EMU. As for Raiden and Raiden Fighters, I can't get them to work. Raiden goes into a red and green striped screen with some garbled sections that are cycling through something, and then it just stops. I can't get into the game itseld. RF comes up with garbled text, and doesn't go anywhere.
MeshGearFox

Post by MeshGearFox »

Whoops, sorry -- The Raiden stuff was never finished. I couldn't figure the ROMs out -- they didn't really map to what MAME already used.

Anyway, just saw that this ended up on GamersGate. I wonder if there's some minute chance that they'll update it or at least stick the Japanese version of Undercover Cops in it.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

MeshGearFox wrote:Whoops, sorry -- The Raiden stuff was never finished. I couldn't figure the ROMs out -- they didn't really map to what MAME already used.

Anyway, just saw that this ended up on GamersGate. I wonder if there's some minute chance that they'll update it or at least stick the Japanese version of Undercover Cops in it.
I just looked on GamersGate. It says the game is version 1.5, yet my account on DotEMU shows the newest version only being 1.1.

WTF?
MeshGearFox

Post by MeshGearFox »

I have it on GMG and I can confirm it hasn't changed at all there.

Anyone wanna send Dotemu an e-mail about it and see what's up? The Coop, it sounds like you have an account with Dotemu.
ERA

Post by ERA »

Does anyone have a working link for MeshGearFox's modified MAME? The link in his post has 404ed and he hasn't logged in here since 2014.