Sturmwind - New DC Euroshmup by Duranik/redspotgames

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Ganelon

Re: Sturmwind - New DC Euroshmup by Duranik/redspotgames

Post by Ganelon »

Has everyone gotten their copy by now? I've received no message of any sort since I confirmed extra packaging a month ago.
antares

Post by antares »

I was on the first wave of preorders in November 2011 and haven't got anything too. Also no confirmation email about shipping. And I even live in one of the neighboring countries of germany. Unbelievable!!
WTB: Arkanoid II Revenge Of Doh PCB, Outzone PCB, Fixeight PCB
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

I guess it's pretty clear by now that the service at redspotgames is an utter mess.
I did get an answer about the DHL shipping after 5 days of insistent messages through their customer service interface, but as of now DHL is unable to track the number they came up with. :lol:

:?
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

I can track mine although I didn't pay extra for DHL, Holland is next to Germany so maybe shipping is cheaper .

Mine was send on 29-4 and is now processed in the export parcel center in Koln, I suspect others where shipped on that same date .
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

My tracking number never worked on DHL's website but it arrived today.

I was slightly worried that I'd just sit down and complete it on my first couple of games, like Thunder Force III. The difficulty does seem to come from boss physical attacks and hazards more than bullets, but also losing a weapon at the wrong time can be critical. I'm sure it'll ease up once I get to grips with weapon switching a bit more - there are a lot more buttons to work with than your average shmup!

Button mapping for the arcade stick is wrong in the options menu though. I left it on the default but when I scrolled through the options, not one mapping matched what the buttons actually did. Takes away some of the shine on what is otherwise a very polished product - impressive intro video and presentation in general.
MadSteelDarkness

Post by MadSteelDarkness »

Despite the fact that i bought this as nothing more than a curio, i am actually having quite a bit of fun with this game
soupbones

Post by soupbones »

TransatlanticFoe wrote:My tracking number never worked on DHL's website but it arrived today
Good to know - mine hasn't worked either... And customer service isn't even responding to me anymore.
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

So the game has turned out to be good??? I would ever think that an euroshmup was going to be entertaining (sorry but couldnt put up with söldnerx)
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Today is the day , now to dig up the Dreamcast ...................

The toy was actually sugared Candy ...........tasted good !
armalyte

Post by armalyte »

Casey120 wrote:The toy was actually sugared Candy ...........tasted good !
Um, another guy said it's a piece of shit which can swim in water... You've really eaten it? :shock:
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

It actually doesn't taste that bad. I've only tried the right wing yet.

It's definitely more sugar than shit.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
DEMON212

Post by DEMON212 »

Has anyone who didn't pay for extra shipping and who just ordered the regular edition, received it yet?

I'm in the U.K so it says wait 4-5 days and I'm still sitting waiting.

I really am thinking that anyone who didn't pay extra shipping will experience a mysterious lost parcel.

Used these guys (RedSpot's site) before and things were fine, but never for a pre-order.
soupbones

Post by soupbones »

DEMON212 wrote:Has anyone who didn't pay for extra shipping and who just ordered the regular edition, received it yet?

I really am thinking that anyone who didn't pay extra shipping will experience a mysterious lost parcel.

Used these guys (RedSpot's site) before and things were fine, but never for a pre-order.
Well, extra shipping is turning out to be just as mysterious - the tracking links they sent out don't seem to be working for some people, including myself.

Redspot seems to be ignoring inquires about this as well - really annoying to have paid for extra shipping and be just as blind as the original shipping method. :x
Last edited by soupbones on Fri May 03, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fagin

Post by fagin »

I ordered mine from Videogameimports and received mine today (normal edition). Lee (from VGI) spoke to me and said it's been a proper nightmare..... they've had to split the special editions out to send the game to the people that ordered the standard edition, as supplies of the standard edition hadn't turned up. He has subsequently had to remove the standard edition from sale now. Glad he sorted me out!
fagin

Post by fagin »

It's back up for sale on VGI - the stock of standard edition must have arrived!
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

It seems if you ordered directly from redspotgames you're doomed, whereas those who did it through distributors were pretty much safe.
Did the code informed by DHL actually work for anyone here? :?
TransatlanticFoe

DEMON212 wrote:Has anyone who didn't pay for extra shipping and who just ordered the regular edition, received it yet?

When I bought Rush Rush Rally Racing, it took about 2 weeks to turn up. The day after I opened a ticket asking WTF was going on with my order. I guess sometimes stuff just gets caught up. Regular edition lost in the post is surely covered by standard postal insurance, assuming the Germans have something similar to what we have here.

Give it another week before following up.
Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Mine was waiting for me when I got back from work. Played about 45 minutes or so.

First impressions are that it is a polished game for its type and the presentation is good.

My biggest gripe so far are the Captain America shield bullets. Are they actually being shot by anything or do they just appear on the screen? It makes it look like they added it in after the game was complete because they realised the bullets from the ships were not enough. It just feels a bit disconnected.

I do like the shot mechanic of your ship and the power up system. I think it works well.

More pluses than minuses so far.

Edit: It's way better to play Hard mode right from the off.
Last edited by Tigershark on Fri May 03, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Kollision wrote:Did the code informed by DHL actually work for anyone here? :?
I haven't ordered this particular game, but whenever I've had to deal with the sorry excuse for a postal service that is DHL it's been a nightmare. The packages always take much longer to arrive than you think they should, and "tracking codes" aren't actually exactly that - as far as I know they only work within Germany, so at best you will know when the package left there, and that's it.

I've never had a package lost due to DHL, but it's always been a frustrating experience.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
DEMON212

Post by DEMON212 »

soupbones wrote:

Well, extra shipping is turning out to be just as mysterious - the tracking links they sent out don't seem to be working for some people, including myself.

Redspot seems to be ignoring inquires about this as well - really annoying to have paid for extra shipping and be just as blind as the original shipping method. :x
Yup, hate to say it, but they've certainly ballsed up the biggest indie release for a dead system.
TransatlanticFoe wrote:

When I bought Rush Rush Rally Racing, it took about 2 weeks to turn up. The day after I opened a ticket asking WTF was going on with my order. I guess sometimes stuff just gets caught up. Regular edition lost in the post is surely covered by standard postal insurance, assuming the Germans have something similar to what we have here.

Give it another week before following up.
That's the annoying thing, I got RRRR and W&W from them at the same time and it was faster than stuff I'd ordered in the U.K in the same week. It was mental.

So yeah, it's possible that it was sheer luck which is now going the other way.
Ghegs wrote:
Kollision wrote:Did the code informed by DHL actually work for anyone here? :?
I haven't ordered this particular game, but whenever I've had to deal with the sorry excuse for a postal service that is DHL it's been a nightmare. The packages always take much longer to arrive than you think they should, and "tracking codes" aren't actually exactly that - as far as I know they only work within Germany, so at best you will know when the package left there, and that's it.

I've never had a package lost due to DHL, but it's always been a frustrating experience.
RAZER use them exclusively and whenever I've ordered anything from RAZER, DHL have been amazing. Guess it just depends on the circumstances at the time.
NAVVARR

Post by NAVVARR »

Yeah, I'm in the UK, and my LE and regular edition both turned up yesterday.
Unfortunately, I'd been out with some mates for a few drinks and was in no fit state to enjoy it.

Had a go of it today, this morning- played through the first level then onto the second and I'm enjoying it- very polished, nice visuals- think I'm going to be playing this for a while.

Looking forward to Sturmwind II - its got to happen.
hoots mon- crivvens, help ma boab
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

I haven't heard a peep since they took my money so I definitely won't be doing any further business with them.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

There were selling this in Trader at Akiba when I went in today. They had a screen showing footage in the store. It looks like they bought a lot of copies. It's cool Trader seems to be really supporting the Indie releases as they have copies of Gunlord and Fast Striker there as well
flip

Post by flip »

Nice to hear you can actually buy it in Japanese stores. I always wondered if anyone over there cares about European releases for the Dreamcast.

I've had my copy for a while now. Living in the same city as the publisher probably helps. I think it's a nice product all in all. The one thing that really drags it down for me is how hard it can be at times to judge which objects are in the background and which ones can hit you. This is especially true for the bosses. I think I haven't died from a bullet a single time in this game, at least on the normal setting.
You pros out there might really want to set it on Hard from the beginning. I played through the normal game first and then tried the Arcade mode... it's the same levels, so I got a 1CC on the first try.
soupbones

Post by soupbones »

brentsg wrote:I haven't heard a peep since they took my money so I definitely won't be doing any further business with them.
This is really some bullshit - what's worse is they won't respond to emails anymore. It's just dead silence.

Has anyone in the U.S. received their copy yet? (that has ordered directly from Redspot)
TransatlanticFoe

It's only been 2 weeks since release. Whenever I've ordered stuff from the US or Japan, it's taken about 2 weeks to get to the UK. So Germany to the Americas I'd expect is roughly the same. It took a week to get from Germany to the UK, so throw in customs and the extra distance - give it a bit more time.
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

I'm perfectly comfortable with the game taking a month to arrive.

I think what's bugging everyone is the lack of a single tracking number that actually works - for a shipment that had to be paid twice!
And the seller/publisher downright refuses to communicate.
soupbones

Post by soupbones »

Kollision wrote:I'm perfectly comfortable with the game taking a month to arrive.

I think what's bugging everyone is the lack of a single tracking number that actually works - for a shipment that had to be paid twice!
And the seller/publisher downright refuses to communicate.
This is my problem as well - I don't care if its going to take a month, what I care about is paying to track the package, only to find out it doesn't work...and the seller refusing to address it.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Leave bad feedback on their .. oh wait lol :3
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

soupbones wrote:Has anyone in the U.S. received their copy yet? (that has ordered directly from Redspot)
A "packet" posted through DHL to the US for €15.90 postage will typically take 10-12 business days - and there is no guarantee that it won't take longer. Since April 24th only 10 business days have passed - so it wouldn't be to surprising if US "deliveries" won't start until early next week. This is probably why RedSpotGames quoted 3-5 weeks for deliveries to the US.

Now granted their unresponsiveness to customer inquiries and inability to price their shipping (even somewhat) accurately (even for more recent orders) doesn't make them seem to be the most organized bunch.