Sturmwind - New DC Euroshmup by Duranik/redspotgames

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
NAVVARR

Re: Sturmwind - New DC Euroshmup by Duranik/redspotgames

Post by NAVVARR »

Got the mix up sorted out now.

Don't know how, but my preorder wasn't registered.

I emailed them with the transaction ID and they've accepted that i've preordered.

Phew
hoots mon- crivvens, help ma boab
kurtori

Sturmwind Limited Edition for Dreamcast?

Post by kurtori »

An interview with Duranik was posted to a German site yesterday, in which the following is mentioned (via Google Translate):

Q: Plant it next to the standard version of the game, a collector's edition? Or are there plans for a soundtrack release?

A: Yes, we're working on. What will be in the SE are: almost certainly a soundtrack. The second thing we would have liked it is unfortunately not so simple: We are currently trying with various suppliers to find out if that's possible.

You can find the full untranslated interview here:
http://www.gbase.ch/global/specials/0/D ... w-913.html

It sounds like at the time the interview was conducted that the game was still on track for the announced 11/11/11 release date. Gotta wonder what that "second thing" would be! ;)
CIT

Post by CIT »

Sturmwind tampons, I'm sure.
J-Manic

Post by J-Manic »

Preordered mine a while back. Can't wait to play it...sometime THIS year (hopefully).
Gmintyfresh

Post by Gmintyfresh »

This is out next week and everything is suspiciously quiet from redspot!
mrsmiley381

Post by mrsmiley381 »

I tried to preorder and the PayPal link was in German. So I went to the bank transfer option and it just sort of pooped out a receipt. I guess they're going to bill me or something when the release date comes (?)

Someone please enlighten me.
Why is it called the Vic Viper/Warp Rattler? Because the Options trail behind it in a serpent-like fashion, and the iconic front fins are designed to invoke the image of a snake's fangs.
Zupapa!

Post by Zupapa! »

Also sell sturmwind dc limited edit? or only regular edit?
psoslayer

Post by psoslayer »

Zupapa! wrote:Also sell sturmwind dc limited edit? or only regular edit?
As posted today on Triggerzone...

rtw

Post by rtw »

psoslayer wrote:
Zupapa! wrote:Also sell sturmwind dc limited edit? or only regular edit?
As posted today on Triggerzone...
When was this sold ?
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
psoslayer

Post by psoslayer »

There's no hint of this LE on redspotgames facebook/twitter/site at all, so I suppose sales didn't start yet.
LSU

Post by LSU »

I hope they will allow folks who pre-ordered (and thus partially supported the development of) this game to upgrade to the ltd edition if they should wish..?
louisg

Post by louisg »

This looks really cool, but also potentially repetitive (kind of like T-Zwei, which had amazing art but the usual balance issues). I can't wait to hear how it turns out-- someone here post a review when they get it :)
Humans, think about what you have done
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

T-Zwei=Steel Saviour yes?
Estebang

Post by Estebang »

As much as I appreciate the fact that someone is making a new game for the Dreamcast...was there really anything to justify the platform other than "Hey dudes, we made a new game for the DC"?

While it looks solid, I don't think the game is unique and exciting enough to stand out among the PC crowd (much less on Steam), so I guess the Dreamcast was seen as an easy way to generate hype. It's amazing how many people are left that religiously cling to the system, those that will never give up on a Shenmue 3...not that they're necessarily misguided.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Estebang wrote:As much as I appreciate the fact that someone is making a new game for the Dreamcast...was there really anything to justify the platform other than "Hey dudes, we made a new game for the DC"?

While it looks solid, I don't think the game is unique and exciting enough to stand out among the PC crowd (much less on Steam), so I guess the Dreamcast was seen as an easy way to generate hype. It's amazing how many people are left that religiously cling to the system, those that will never give up on a Shenmue 3...not that they're necessarily misguided.
They've been working on the game for quite a few years apparently, its not someting they started working on like last year.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Dreamcast has been (as good as) dead for a bit more than a few years—closer to a decade, actually. So Estebang's sentiment still holds.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

Estebang wrote:As much as I appreciate the fact that someone is making a new game for the Dreamcast...was there really anything to justify the platform other than "Hey dudes, we made a new game for the DC"?.
Development costs, portability...and the fact that it's a work of passion for a console they love.
The fact that it's coming to DC now doesn't mean that'll stay DC only. Remember Fast Striker?
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Estebang wrote:As much as I appreciate the fact that someone is making a new game for the Dreamcast...was there really anything to justify the platform other than "Hey dudes, we made a new game for the DC"?

I've got to agree, and the same holds true for Dux and, to a lesser extent, Fast Striker. Had they come out on PC we would have laughed them into the hills but the platform was the novelty selling point.
The Dreamcast hardware demands nothing less than the excellence of Under Defeat and Border Down. Don't insult it with some Soldner-X style shit :D
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

Jeez, so much about whining

A company is releasing a new game on the DC?
OMG run for your lives, another Söldner-X for a dead console !!!!

Give me a break
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

News from redspotgames concerning Limited Edition and release date:
The upcoming release of Sturmwind for Dreamcast has seen a lot of attention lately. Beside the main announcement on the computer show „neues“ on the German TV station, 3sat, there was also another segment on the show „on3-südwild“. In which they showed further unseen game play. In the mean time the Sturmwind discussions online are increasing.

No wonder so many fans got in contact with redspotgames and Duranik. This has been a reason for the current „fan“ beta tests. One of the most desired has been a collectors version of Sturmwind. With this realization redspotgames has spent the past few months working on just that.

Content with the result both redspotgames and Duranik are announcing a Limited Edition of Sturmwind for Dreamcast today. It bears the name „Windstärke 12“ („storm force 12“) and consists of following:

* Sturmwind Game
* Sturmwind Soundtrack: “The Final Score”
* Full Color Sturmwind 3D Printed Model 1:72
* Full Color Tactical Guide Booklet

All of that comes packaged in a special magnet box. „The Final Score“ contains both unused music and remixes of the original Sturmwind soundtrack. The „Tactical Guide“ shows the best strategies to beat the enemies in the game, full color and illustrated. The spaceship model is also in full color and 1:72 scale.

The Sturmwind Limited Edition „Windstärke 12“ is only available in a limited quantity. There will be no reproduction. Mass orders are prohibited. When its gone, it‘s gone!

It’s price will be 69,95 EUR (~ US $96.60 / ~ £60.50 GBP) and therefore is much cheaper and more affordable as similar collectors editions. It can be ordered directly at www.redspotgames.com/shop – shipping worldwide.

Due to this announcement and the rich feedback of our beta testers the release has been pushed back to 22-12-11. This concerns both the standard and Limited Edition.

Pre-Order Information: If you have already made a pre-order, you will receive your copy when the game ships. If you wish to change your order and get the Limited Edition instead do the following:

* Perform a new order for the Limited Edition – a payment is possible but not required
* Cancel your old order: Send both the old and the new order numbers in an email to the redspotgames online shop (shop@redspotgames.com)
* Total amount of the old order will be refunded (if available)

Packshots have been available on the redspotgames Flickr page a couple of hours before this official release. In future it might be interesting to become friends at those networks to be informed asap:

* redspotgames on Twitter: www.twitter.com/redspotgames
* redspotgames on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/redspotgames/210719714872
* redspotgames on Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/redspotgames
louisg

Post by louisg »

mjclark wrote: I've got to agree, and the same holds true for Dux and, to a lesser extent, Fast Striker. Had they come out on PC we would have laughed them into the hills but the platform was the novelty selling point.
Eh, I dont think this is going to be any worse than R-Type Final. It looks like it was made with a lot of care at least from a technical/graphical perspective (hopefully it's not skippy or something). And Fast Striker was definitely a decent effort. It can't stand up to Mars Matrix, but it's better than a lot of other indie shmups.

I hear you on the DC/NeoGeo being a quick way to generate hype (and to be able to charge over $5 for their game, unlike poor guys like the Jamestown authors), but it's not like the game is as crappy as Platapus or Raptor or something. Well, this one could be. But Fast Striker at least wasn't!
Humans, think about what you have done
Gmintyfresh

Post by Gmintyfresh »

There are some higher resolutuion images of Sturmwind SE and LE on RedSpotGames Flickr account:

Standard Edition

Limited Edition

-SD-

Post by -SD- »

The LE does look quite awesome and very nicely presented; so I've pre-ordered that too.

Shame it's been delayed until so close to Xmas though. I can't see either version reaching me before the first week of January.
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Wow that LE look fantastic! :shock:
I had told myself to steer clear of LE's, since the extras often don't warrant the extra cost for a game you just want to play. But I have to reconsider.

Not just the obligatory ST, but really nice goodies I just want to have... :wink:
And the price is very reasonable too for what you get.

I had already pre-ordered the regular edition, but will get me one of these too. :)
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
NAVVARR

Post by NAVVARR »

Just preordered the LE in addition to the regular.....

its a far more realistically priced game that Gunlord- wich I'd ordinarily have preordered straight away- but at 99Euros- nah- its overpriced
hoots mon- crivvens, help ma boab
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

Upgraded to the limited edition.

I'd like to have seen an updated trailer at some point, if only to confirm whether they've sorted out that hilarious looking puffer fish, but all in all this is a bit like buying games back in the day - if you were lucky you had a magazine review to go on but most of the time you had a couple of screenshots on the back to judge whether the game was going to be worth buying!

Also, I would much rather people put out physical releases for a dead console than gave me a file to download through Steam. Zzzzzz.
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Behold release of Sturmwind is delayed to unspecified date due to bankruptcy of CD pressing plant:
http://www.redspotgames.com/production- ... e-delayed/

Is anyone surprised by this?
Maybe it'll be released the same day as the Dux patch...
...suppose it only heightens the expectation though :D
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

At least it's probably the easiest hurdle to overcome - just get someone else to do the pressing.

No new Dreamcast game for 2011 then, unless you count Fast Striker which was released so late in December I'm sure no-one got it within 2010!
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

TransatlanticFoe wrote:No new Dreamcast game for 2011 then, unless you count Fast Striker which was released so late in December I'm sure no-one got it within 2010!
Some of us Germans got it in time. ;)
Hydeux

Post by Hydeux »

Well, saying it will probably make things worse so I must underline THAT I'M JUST LOOKING FOR INFO !!!!

We've had bad report on Redspotgames in France for a week now : there's a virus (trojan) on the Redspotgames homepage (I can confirm that), we have no news about Sturmwind (we all can confirm that), there's no way to get in touch with the guys (phone is on an answerphone, impossible to send a message via their website, I can confirm both), we've had confirmation that some people asked their money back via Paypal and Paypal people explained that other users had trouble with Redspotgames (that is something I can't confirm).
So : is that all bullshit and the game is still on the run ; or are the guys not at all trustworthy ?

Does someone here have news ?